The Archie Battersbee case

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The video Hollie’s just put up with Archie’s ‘open eyes’ has broken my heart. He’s all swollen round the eyes and his pupils are fixed. It’s utterly devastating to see. 💔
I just saw that photo on the ‘Archies Army’ Facebook, and it’s horrific. How anyone on that page can think it is some kind of miracle or improvement is absolutely beyond me. The eyes are fixed, dilated, and to me they look clouded/hazed.

• Sad
Reactions: 9
At this point I think she’s just lapping up the attention. I would need sedated if my child was in this condition, running around the way she is would be the last thing on earth I would do.

• Sad
Reactions: 19
The video Hollie’s just put up with Archie’s ‘open eyes’ has broken my heart. He’s all swollen round the eyes and his pupils are fixed. It’s utterly devastating to see. 💔
Although these ‘cases’ are appearing More frequently, Archie doesn’t qualify. He’s 12, most likely attempted suicide. He‘s not a baby with an incurable disease that may or may not be saved by a doctors in a far away land with new age medicine.

I was horrified by Charlie Gard’s case when at the end his parents were posting pictures of a bloated baby. But now I think, god, they didn’t ‘know‘ their child. He was a baby, they truly didn’t know what a healthy child would look like, all they knew was a sick baby. But a 12 year old child? You know them. You know when they’re not well. I just need to glance at my children and I know when they’re unwell.

That video is either a case of incredible denial, a mother who doesn’t ’know’ her child or a bizarre, twisted scam orchestrated by a narcissist. There can absolutely no way Lisa/Hollie believes those eyes belong to a child that is well and will recover.

I cannot believe she has put that up for our consumption. Archie clearly had his demons, just let him go. Why is this woman doing this and why is no one around her telling her to stop?

• Sad
Reactions: 24
Sorry I don’t mean to offend anyone I’m just genuinely curious, how is Archie’s eye open on that video?
I find it horrific by the way, firstly that she has posted it and secondly that her comment says ‘lol’.

• Sad
Reactions: 8
She did an interview with David Icke today (lizards are ruling us, the holocaust wasn't real, COVID is fake but also simultaneously was caused by 5G etc etc)

You have to register with his channel to watch it so that's me out, but thought others might be interested!

• Wow
Reactions: 6
I’m not really that religious or spiritual, but her sharing the video of his eye really shook me. Like, I’d be worried/paranoid that the person’s soul or spirit or whatever was watching me posting them on social media, I wouldn’t be able to expose them like that for everyone to look at. I’d want them to be at peace in every way - her actions are becoming extremely bizarre and unsettling.

• Sad
When my dad died recently, a couple of days beforehand he was unconscious but with his eyes open.

When his treatment had been withdrawn (when he had been conscious) and he was actively dying, his eyes were wide, wide open but he was now unconscious. Near the very end he got a flicker of consciousness, and deliberately frowned and closed his eyes. After the final moment, his eyes parted slightly.

My point being that in death or near death, eyes being open or closed doesn’t necessarily correlate with consciousness. Also, dead people’s eyes are often naturally slightly open.

My further point being that Archie’s eye being slightly open proves nothing. It doesn’t help her case at all that his eye is glassy, fixed and fully dilated pupil.

Last edited:
Reactions: 16
The video of the eye is heart wrenching.

That boy is gone.

How can those ridiculous people cheer this? He hasn’t opened his eye - pressure and swelling has. That’s why they used to put coins over dead peoples eyes to keep them closed.

• Sad
Reactions: 17
Dead peoples eyes are frequently open, even when you try to close them, they'll slide back open again and never fully close unless you're persistent with closure.

I thought ITU staff taped eyes closed to prevent them from drying out, but perhaps that's not done anymore. I know they tape them closed in operating theatre.

I really think that the Courts should protect children from the behaviour of some parents. Parents don't own their children and children deserve dignity at all times - and protection from exploitation via social media of course. I don't think the Court is acting responsibly by allowing these actions by the mother. He should be made a Ward of Court due to this continued exploitation.

Reactions: 23
I think cases like this should be fast tracked. It feels unfair on Archie that this will go on for an extra couple of weeks.

Dead peoples eyes are frequently open, even when you try to close them, they'll slide back open again and never fully close unless you're persistent with closure.

I thought ITU staff taped eyes closed to prevent them from drying out, but perhaps that's not done anymore. I know they tape them closed in operating theatre.
My unit doesn’t routinely tape peoples eyes (because it’s freaky looking 🤣), just apply eye drops/gel and perform eye care every 2-4 hours. But when your eyes are so swollen and dry and keep popping open (this video!!) then we use a soft shield to keep them closed and take it on and off every other hour to avoid the surrounding skin getting sore.

His pupil in that video is beyond return. If they have been fixed and dilated since the incident then the poor boy is gone. But maybe the bracelet sales will fix them, what do I know.

• Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 22
I saw the video where she described in minute detail what had happened. She was ‘pottering’ in her bedroom, plugged her phone in to charge and made a couple of phone calls. Just prior to this Archie had ‘pranked’ her with the rabbit in a bag and she had told him to take the rabbit out and back downstairs. Apparently they had laughed about it together. When she finished her calls she came out of the bedroom and saw the rabbit on the landing. She then saw Archie with the dressing gown cord over his head. She tried to lift him then ran outside to get help but nobody was there. She came back in and somehow broke the cord and he dropped eight feet. She dialled 999 and commenced CPR.
BIB. Oh yeah that's absolutely hilarious. My kids and I always have a joke about all the times they've put plastic bags over their pets heads. #makingmemories 🤗

If that's true, she's a psycho.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.