The Archie Battersbee case

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The fact that she’s changed it so often only proves that she can’t be trusted.
l read he was putting a bag over his rabbits head, he was caught and shortly after was found hanging from the banister. Holly herself said that his sister caught Archie practising the day before on her door frame. I’ve also read versions where she untied him and he fell down the stairs. Didn’t the paramedics say he was without oxygen for 40 mins? I’m more inclined to believe them than her. I think she’s desperate for attention.
The judgment states that he was out of her sight for about 10 minutes.

She called the ambulane at 4:12pm and it arrived at 4:20pm and despite CPR spontaneous circulation was only acheieved at 4:48pm. So at best he had 36 minutes without oxygen but it could have been longer

• Sad
Reactions: 7
Constantly changing your story regarding an incident is a massive red flag for child abuse. Just saying…
Yes it is.. has anyone actually seen video of her saying entirely. different things? I don't trust the media in any shape or form, nor do I trust abusers

I haven't watched or read anything about this awful case but have followed the thread since it started.

Reactions: 4
Yes it is.. has anyone actually seen video of her saying entirely. different things? I don't trust the media in any shape or form, nor do I trust abusers

I haven't watched or read anything about this awful case but have followed the thread since it started.
I saw the video where she described in minute detail what had happened. She was ‘pottering’ in her bedroom, plugged her phone in to charge and made a couple of phone calls. Just prior to this Archie had ‘pranked’ her with the rabbit in a bag and she had told him to take the rabbit out and back downstairs. Apparently they had laughed about it together. When she finished her calls she came out of the bedroom and saw the rabbit on the landing. She then saw Archie with the dressing gown cord over his head. She tried to lift him then ran outside to get help but nobody was there. She came back in and somehow broke the cord and he dropped eight feet. She dialled 999 and commenced CPR.

Reactions: 9
Been following this case and its an absolute shambles and his mother needs to let him rest.

What also has pissed me off is shes made a hell of a lot of people withdraw from the organ donation register because all the doctors wanna do is 'harvest your organs', the stupid cow.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 30
I'm sorry if this sounds too harsh but I reckon the doctors and whoever else should just discharge him and tell hollie that she thinks she can clearly do a better job, so take him home or America or whatever and don't come back to that hospital, stupid cow has slagged the NHS off so bad she should never be allowed health care herself when this is over, hundreds of thousands if not millions has been spent on that poor little boy bring kept in hospital when he should have been left to rest and when that day comes she's gonna try and sue and I bet she ends up setting up a charity. She is a money grabbing, fame hunting nobody.

Reactions: 26
Been following this case and its an absolute shambles and his mother needs to let him rest.

What also has pissed me off is shes made a hell of a lot of people withdraw from the organ donation register because all the doctors wanna do is 'harvest your organs', the stupid cow.
Again, that is the same trope as the Gard and Evans cases without anyone actually stopping to think if the organs would actually have been viable for transplant in the first place.

Reactions: 11
Hollie is now saying she wasn't in the house at all, she came back and found him on the floor, brain damaged. She has changed her story so many times. If this latest iteration is true, it lends weight to the theory that Archie sadly really did want to die.

There's a screenshot of a Facebook comment on another forum that speculates she changed her story after learning that the maximum amount of time your brain can last without oxygen is 3 minutes, and she ret-conned her story to claim that he was only without oxygen for 3 minutes. The same comment - which was from a local - said that he saw a now-deleted comment predicting very early on how the entire situation would play out, including that the Mum is a huge attention-seeker and would soon be all over the news. The commenter had said she was pushy mum and wanted her son to be a famous gymnast.
I also saw people querying who on earth Ella is, to be an advocate after not being part of the family for very long.

Reactions: 8
I saw the video where she described in minute detail what had happened. She was ‘pottering’ in her bedroom, plugged her phone in to charge and made a couple of phone calls. Just prior to this Archie had ‘pranked’ her with the rabbit in a bag and she had told him to take the rabbit out and back downstairs. Apparently they had laughed about it together. When she finished her calls she came out of the bedroom and saw the rabbit on the landing. She then saw Archie with the dressing gown cord over his head. She tried to lift him then ran outside to get help but nobody was there. She came back in and somehow broke the cord and he dropped eight feet. She dialled 999 and commenced CPR.
I saw that one too, and the next time I saw her on something the story of what they were doing before they got back to the house had changed. I cant remember exactly what it was but I think we've had swimming, bowling and something about the cinema. 'Found with a ligature over his head' confused me slightly at first also, until they showed a picture and I realised. It's been smoke and mirrors all along.

I'm still not getting how anyone can leave someone in that condition.

Reactions: 10
I wanna know how she “snapped” a dressing gown cord that was able to support a 12 year old boy’s body weight. I’m afraid I don’t believe anything she says, and there is definitely something we’re not being told.

Reactions: 17
I wanna know how she “snapped” a dressing gown cord that was able to support a 12 year old boy’s body weight. I’m afraid I don’t believe anything she says, and there is definitely something we’re not being told.
Totally agree. There's something not adding up at all. I haven't seen a single thing about this blackout challenge and I dont think he would have done it just before 'going to the cinema' if he was gonna do such a challenge he would have done it when his mum was asleep or not around. Nothing adds up

Reactions: 13
I have been lurking on this thread a while and wanted to say something but it's hard to word it

Firstly, what a heart-breaking situation, so sad, that poor child and as much as an absolute tool that his mother is, I do feel for her, it must be horrendous.

So, my story- just over 4 years ago my husband used a fentanyl patch that wasnt prescribed to him for a slipped disc and it but him into such a deep sleep that he was unconscious..while unconscious, he vomited and breathed it in. I found him barely alike, the ambulance gave him an anti fentanyl medication and brought him around, but his lungs were so damaged they put him into a coma for 2 weeks to allow his lungs to heal and to ensure he was getting enough ventilation

Those 2 weeks were torture, he swelled up, flinched, responded, cried while in a coma, got infections, they couldnt regulate his breathing, his temperature rocketed and plummeted. It was a nightmare. He broke out in blisters all over where his skin was breaking down- that was after two weeks in an induced coma.

After those 2 weeks, he was allowed to regain consciousness. Thankfully, in spite of everything he had been through, he had few issues really- his brain function was the same and although his lungs were weak, they were ok. His mental health was a mess though, 4 years on he has night terrors, PTSD, hallucinations while awake while his brain tries to process what happens. He is on 4 types of antidepressant and antianxiolytic and has been through intense therapy. His muscles had, in 2 weeks of being in an induced coma, wasted to a point that they are only recovering now. Yes, he is back in work and we live a normal enough life on the surface, but he has been suicidal, is fragile and the whole incident wrecked him both physically and emotionally

That is after 2 weeks in a coma. And he had no brain damage and no long term actual life threatening physical issues after this.

If this poor child wasn't severely brain damaged by the events, after all those months being in a coma, he would be an absolute mess and would possibly never ever recover. The physical wasting away and the emotional trauma at that young age would ruin him. And you add the brain damage to that... it doesnt bear thinking about! i just think of the effects of 2 weeks on life support and induced coma and how that impacted a fit, healthy, stable man... this poor child.. as I said, it doesnt bear thinking about

The mother is right to let the poor kid go.. and everyone can talk about him flying with the 'angles' (sorry, couldnt resist...)

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 62
These cases always attract the attention of strange people that are cluelessly supporting the parents. I wonder if it’s the same people jumping from case to case.

I remember when Alfie Evans was all over the news and these two random women drove hours from where they lived to live stream from their car outside of Alder Hay. They would just be sat outside of the hospital live on Facebook for over 12 hours a day. In the end they started to ask people to donate money to THEM for being there. They had no clue what was going on, they were just there. They were asking for money, food, cigarettes and hotel rooms and people were lapping it up.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 22
This is on par with the guy who sat outside the hospital with oxygen tanks in his car in case they needed him in a getaway attempt.

He got Archie tattooed on his wrist a few weeks ago.

Doesn’t know him.

These people are beyond creepy.

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 26
The video Hollie’s just put up with Archie’s ‘open eyes’ has broken my heart. He’s all swollen round the eyes and his pupils are fixed. It’s utterly devastating to see. 💔

• Sad
Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.