The Archie Battersbee case

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The judge was quite dismissive of the American doctor's report. In the nicest, most eloquent possible way of course. I don't believe he ever even saw Archie in person.
I’m sure I read that he hadn’t even looked at his scans either.

ETA: found it. “ Overall, I found his evidence interesting but where as in Archie’s case, the brain stem death test had not been able to be administered or relied upon, his evidence was not quite so relevant. Examples of ‘miracle’ recoveries again were not helpful. I noted that unsurprisingly he had not seen the scans in Archie’s case which showed a deterioration in the condition of his brain between 15th April 2022 and 31st May 2022. In all the circumstances, his evidence did not undermine the evidence I heard from the Archie’s treating clinicians as supported by the second opinions I read. The clinicians had immediate knowledge of Archie’s medical condition and were able to examine him, his notes and the scans, this put them in a far better position than Dr Shewmon.”

Last edited:
Reactions: 12
Someone on the barmy army is talking about someone who was in a 'comma' ! 😩🤣

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 29
Hollie is now saying she wasn't in the house at all, she came back and found him on the floor, brain damaged. She has changed her story so many times. If this latest iteration is true, it lends weight to the theory that Archie sadly really did want to die.

There's a screenshot of a Facebook comment on another forum that speculates she changed her story after learning that the maximum amount of time your brain can last without oxygen is 3 minutes, and she ret-conned her story to claim that he was only without oxygen for 3 minutes. The same comment - which was from a local - said that he saw a now-deleted comment predicting very early on how the entire situation would play out, including that the Mum is a huge attention-seeker and would soon be all over the news. The commenter had said she was pushy mum and wanted her son to be a famous gymnast.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 23
I didn’t know some of these details - I felt the family were keeping everything as vague as possible. There does seem to be some guilt there but I think he should be removed from the ventilator.
My child is the same age and I would never put her through this, I’d do the right thing and let her go.

Reactions: 13
There’s now another donate to have him moved…. Moved where?

There was a rumour on the local newspaper comment section that she used her daughters pictures to catfish men into giving her money

• Wow
Reactions: 12
She gives off Munchausen by proxy vibes. Not in the sense that she did anything to put Archie in hospital, but in the sense that she wants to prolong it so she can remain the centre of attention/sympathy.

• Sad
Reactions: 20
Hollie is now saying she wasn't in the house at all, she came back and found him on the floor, brain damaged. She has changed her story so many times. If this latest iteration is true, it lends weight to the theory that Archie sadly really did want to die.

There's a screenshot of a Facebook comment on another forum that speculates she changed her story after learning that the maximum amount of time your brain can last without oxygen is 3 minutes, and she ret-conned her story to claim that he was only without oxygen for 3 minutes. The same comment - which was from a local - said that he saw a now-deleted comment predicting very early on how the entire situation would play out, including that the Mum is a huge attention-seeker and would soon be all over the news. The commenter had said she was pushy mum and wanted her son to be a famous gymnast.

Is she definitely saying that? I know there was a BBC report where the reporter said that, but I'm not clear whether Hollie herself has said it.

Reactions: 6
I can pretty much guarantee that she is.
I'm sure initially she was acting from the place of a devastated mother, yet as time goes by I do suspect money is a factor now.
If his ADHD was as severe as it seems (out of school for years, then a special school placement) chances are that she gets HRC DLA (or medium rate at least), which leads to Carers Allowance and extra tax credits if she's still on legacy benefits. Losing Archie would lead to losing a lot of - what I assume would be household - financial support. I'm sure the money the family have so far grifted softens that blow a bit.

I hate that I can even imagine such a scenario, but her behaviour is seriously dodgy.

Reactions: 19
I’m starting to wonder if she is in just in it for a pay out
As awful as it is, I was thinking the same. I know you shouldn't tar people with the same brush, but the track record of the family is sketchy as it is, especially as all of a sudden they have now found their lord and saviour Jesus Christ 🥴 and the story doesn't sit right with me either of how she found him.

Reactions: 9

The fact that she’s changed it so often only proves that she can’t be trusted.
l read he was putting a bag over his rabbits head, he was caught and shortly after was found hanging from the banister. Holly herself said that his sister caught Archie practising the day before on her door frame. I’ve also read versions where she untied him and he fell down the stairs. Didn’t the paramedics say he was without oxygen for 40 mins? I’m more inclined to believe them than her. I think she’s desperate for attention.

Reactions: 15
Constantly changing your story regarding an incident is a massive red flag for child abuse. Just saying…

Reactions: 26
The fact that she’s changed it so often only proves that she can’t be trusted.
l read he was putting a bag over his rabbits head, he was caught and shortly after was found hanging from the banister. Holly herself said that his sister caught Archie practising the day before on her door frame. I’ve also read versions where she untied him and he fell down the stairs. Didn’t the paramedics say he was without oxygen for 40 mins? I’m more inclined to believe them than her. I think she’s desperate for attention.
Sadly it would appear that his mother has changed her story to fit with whatever agenda she is trying to play that day. She is not coming across well at all as this goes on.

Reactions: 16
When Archie was first resuscitated- meaning they managed to get a heart rhythm compatible with life he would be classed as ‘alive’ and then would have been put into the coma at this point. His brain had already been traumatically damaged at this point to be able to do anything without the support of drugs and mechanical ventilation. The CPR was enough to get the heart back into a rhythm but not started quickly enough to get blood and therefore oxygen to the brain and his other vital organs. Without the oxygen the cells in the brain start to die within minutes. A person can then not control their own breathing, blood pressure, temperature, respiratory rate etc etc with such an extensive injury and one that can’t be recovered from as the brain is just ‘too dead’.
The ventilator is breathing for him and supplying his organs with the oxygen needed to work, apart from the brain as the article above states their is no blood flow to the brain. He is likely on very high doses of vasopressors and inotropes which work together to increase blood pressure and how much the heart pumps- stopping these would result in death fairly quickly.
His temperature is most likely being artificially controlled, his digestive system will be failing so will be on pump feeds of TPN maybe. After such a long time in ITU he is likely to be in renal failure now so would be on dialysis if so.

It is incredibly sad for all involved but there is no miracle for this young boy
The amount of people on the Facebook group suggesting things like acupuncture under his nose because someone in a coma in China woke up, or wafting smells to get him out of the coma, I don't think they understand his condition. The poor child is being used as a guinea pig.

I see they have now set up a website and another charity. I'm starting to get 'Azaylia Cain Foundation' vibes now.

Reactions: 18
Is she definitely saying that? I know there was a BBC report where the reporter said that, but I'm not clear whether Hollie herself has said it.
I don’t actually know, I am out the loop a bit because I haven’t caught up with Wednesday’s proceedings.

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.