The Archie Battersbee case #17

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
“She didn’t know he was” - either she’s a) lying - TikTok is HUGE amongst kids and most kids I know in my family have it as do their peers OR b) straight up neglectful to not know that.
I just don't understand how she can reconcile the idea that these apps should be considered lethal and to blame for his death, but that she has no responsibility at all. It baffles me. If a parent said 'I didn't know my child found the rat poison in the cupboard' or 'I didn't know my child was playing on the balcony unsupervised when they fell' we'd tell them they were neglectful and should have looked at the dangers before letting their kids near it.

Why does Hollie seem to think she's exempt from this? If TikTok is as dangerous as she claims, is she not just as responsible for checking the basic rules of it - which he broke?

• Heart
Reactions: 11
It's interesting she wants ID for social media this is a woman who is lying about her son's death under a different name, the original name Lisa Pittaway.

She changed her name due to being fairly dodgy and known in the area. What did she change her name to her Stripper/hooker name Hollie Dance which she uses to this day.

She protesting to make change for her son under her stripper nameand not her real one how fucked up is that, no wonder Archie was messed up.

• Sad
Reactions: 12
It's interesting she wants ID for social media this is a woman who is lying about her son's death under a different name, the original name Lisa Pittaway.

She changed her name due to being fairly dodgy and known in the area. What did she change her name to her Stripper/hooker name Hollie Dance which she uses to this day.

She protesting to make change for her son under her stripper nameand not her real one how fucked up is that, no wonder Archie was messed up.
Yeh my fave thing is she picked the surname “dance” cos she’s a pole dancer 😭😭😭 the brain cells are few and far between in that family

Reactions: 10
I think it's a difficult one. My friend had nightmares with her daughter and mobile phones. She did not give her a phone but found out later it had been bought for her by a family member (who should have known better).
She had no idea what her daughter was accessing because she did not know about the phone and her daughter concealed it (11yr old at the time).

Once she found out all hell broke loose, she replaced the smartphone with a Nokia so she could send texts and make calls.

I think parents mean well when these phones are given, quite often it's as they start senior school. However, I work occasionally with internet safety people and they say that quite often parents have not kept up with technology or the plethora of social media apps out there. I attended an event where tow police officers from the child abuse investigation team listed several messaging apps - half the room had never heard of them. The two officers said they could go into any Y4/5/6 class and most of the kids would be familiar with them.

They then showed an awful clip from GTA5 (prostitute giving a BJ to a character). People were horrified, one parent actually had the game in her bag as she'd just bought it for her 14yr old son - she said she was taking it straight back.

My son (I am proud to say) was "the only kid in the class without GTA5 Mum", I relented at 17.5yrs.

All his class mates seemed to have the game and me pointing out that "if I was their Mum they wouldn't have it" cut no ice.

Reactions: 5
I think it's a difficult one. My friend had nightmares with her daughter and mobile phones. She did not give her a phone but found out later it had been bought for her by a family member (who should have known better).
She had no idea what her daughter was accessing because she did not know about the phone and her daughter concealed it (11yr old at the time).

Once she found out all hell broke loose, she replaced the smartphone with a Nokia so she could send texts and make calls.

I think parents mean well when these phones are given, quite often it's as they start senior school. However, I work occasionally with internet safety people and they say that quite often parents have not kept up with technology or the plethora of social media apps out there. I attended an event where tow police officers from the child abuse investigation team listed several messaging apps - half the room had never heard of them. The two officers said they could go into any Y4/5/6 class and most of the kids would be familiar with them.

They then showed an awful clip from GTA5 (prostitute giving a BJ to a character). People were horrified, one parent actually had the game in her bag as she'd just bought it for her 14yr old son - she said she was taking it straight back.

My son (I am proud to say) was "the only kid in the class without GTA5 Mum", I relented at 17.5yrs.

All his class mates seemed to have the game and me pointing out that "if I was their Mum they wouldn't have it" cut no ice.
Yes, the Internet etc is a wonderful tool for us all , but there's two sides to every coin......

These games and even YouTube adverts need some sort of regulation

Reactions: 2

You're right, it's really hard. Personally I tried to foster a more open and honest relationship with my daughter over set rules, so I did give her a certain degree of trust when it came to her mobile and online activity. I think you're completely right with how fast apps are developing, and I'm under the belief that kids will find a way to access what they want nowadays, either through friends or otherwise. I preferred to let my daughter feel she could trust me 100% to come to me with issues, whatever she saw or experienced and that I wouldn't judge her. I honestly think that's the only way to keep young people safe these days, because stopping access to 'dangerous' materials is almost impossible.

The problem is Holly never had any interest in this. She was overly dependent on him and the image she wanted to create of him as a good-looking bruiser and mum's best friend. He was 12 years old and when he spent the weekend with his dad, called his mum constantly to make sure she was ok. I think that says a lot about the horrific amount of responsibility she placed on his shoulders, emotionally. And he clearly wasn't coping, evident from his behaviour in and out of school. Maybe she realises this and has now spun this story of a challenge gone wrong to delude herself. I don't think he saw a thing on TikTok (they found no evidence of it), I think he was overburdened in being an emotional carer for his mother and didn't see another way out. The saddest part is, even though he's passed, Holly is still holding him up on this pedestal and using him as an emotional crutch.

• Sad
Reactions: 14
I just don't understand how she can reconcile the idea that these apps should be considered lethal and to blame for his death, but that she has no responsibility at all. It baffles me. If a parent said 'I didn't know my child found the rat poison in the cupboard' or 'I didn't know my child was playing on the balcony unsupervised when they fell' we'd tell them they were neglectful and should have looked at the dangers before letting their kids near it.

Why does Hollie seem to think she's exempt from this? If TikTok is as dangerous as she claims, is she not just as responsible for checking the basic rules of it - which he broke?
This is the thing, she did Neglect him, she emotionally neglected him. If the police and paramedics had come to the home and found a child who was severely emaciated and there was evidence on his phone that he had been asking his mum for food for weeks and she hadn't given him any and instead just ignored him. She would have been charged with neglect but when they come to the house of a child who has died by suicide and there's evidence on his phone that he reached out for support for depression multiple times and got no support. No charges are made. It makes no sense, it's still neglect, I've heard multiple times that emotional neglect doesn't kill children like physical neglect but it does, suicide can be the result of emotional neglect, children dying after getting no support. She ignored his pleas and cries for help, and he died, due to her neglect and failures. Why is nothing ever done? 😢

Some more delightful tattoos on Archie’s brother. One has Archie in a balaclava and another is him in a crash helmet, you can’t even see his face, just seems weird to me.
A balaclava and a gun. Words fail me

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 12
I followed this case alot closer then others- partly because it's the age group I work with- Hollie is was so blind and looking for any answer that wasn't suicide. She neglected him. I also found it weird that the brothers girlfriend was so involved publicly while he was in hospital when she hadn't actually been with him very long at all. I hope Brianna gheys mother has enough sense to keep her distance from her but I can see them joining forces at some point.. I also want to know what happens to all the "army's" obviously Charlie/Alfie had loads of crossover as Alfie's started not long after Charlie but was it all the same people? She really needed someone to sit her down and shake some sense into her.

Reactions: 7
Some more delightful tattoos on Archie’s brother. One has Archie in a balaclava and another is him in a crash helmet, you can’t even see his face, just seems weird to me.
All bleeping badly dysfunctional, the lot of them

That lad never stood a chance.

Reactions: 7
I followed this case alot closer then others- partly because it's the age group I work with- Hollie is was so blind and looking for any answer that wasn't suicide. She neglected him. I also found it weird that the brothers girlfriend was so involved publicly while he was in hospital when she hadn't actually been with him very long at all. I hope Brianna gheys mother has enough sense to keep her distance from her but I can see them joining forces at some point.. I also want to know what happens to all the "army's" obviously Charlie/Alfie had loads of crossover as Alfie's started not long after Charlie but was it all the same people? She really needed someone to sit her down and shake some sense into her.
I hope Brianna Ghey's mother keeps her distance too but I imagine Hollie is desperate to be seen within these groups of parents and hangs around like a bad smell. She can play her bereaved mother card and no one dare challenge her. I do wish the media wouldn't feature her though but she doesn't help herself by the way she behaves and dresses which typecast her.

Reactions: 6
I’ll never know why the media kept showing Archie as a cute little boy. In actual fact he was 12 and looked like a right chav!

I’ll never know why the media kept showing Archie as a cute little boy. In actual fact he was 12 and looked like a right chav!
Bit more palatable to be portrayed as a cherubic little boy. More sympathy for Hollie for those who just scan a picture?

If archie had got older there was no hope for him. He seemed more sensitive than his siblings but he would have got that beat out of him, he would have ended up just like his scummy brother tom.

There is a lot of quasi traveler family's in the UK and this is one of them.

• Sad
Reactions: 6
If archie had got older there was no hope for him. He seemed more sensitive than his siblings but he would have got that beat out of him, he would have ended up just like his scummy brother tom.

There is a lot of quasi traveler family's in the UK and this is one of them.
Yep. He would have never sat a single GCSE, he would end up as a NEET and probably involved in petty crime before age 16 and move on to worse at age 18. Having a mother and family like that made him a lost cause from day 1. It’s so tragic. Kid never stood a chance.

• Sad