The Archers

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I know it’s a bit different because she is an alcoholic, but another woman having access to her child removed because of lies a man told just smacks of the Helen storyline on repeat.

Reactions: 2
bleeping George is all I have to say. I get it, he's young, he's self-centred, he's not the brightest of sparks but really? We're really doing this now?

• Sad
Reactions: 4
bleeping George is all I have to say. I get it, he's young, he's self-centred, he's not the brightest of sparks but really? We're really doing this now?
What are the scriptwriters doing with our heads 🤔. After all his heroics in the water would he even be composed enough to remember Alice was in the car and moreover dash up there (yes dash when he must have been physically exhausted) to move Alice into the driving seat, oh George did you not think the inside of Alice’s car would be ground zero for forensics, He’s further done himself up by telling Alistair that he saw the accident from the road and came to see if he could help, no mention of being in the car with Alice and that she needed help. Also have to wonder that if it had been anyone else but Alice if he’d attempted a rescue, All in all a brilliant dycotomy of the character of George Grundy .. good or evil…. 🤫

• Haha
Reactions: 5
What are the scriptwriters doing with our heads 🤔. After all his heroics in the water would he even be composed enough to remember Alice was in the car and moreover dash up there (yes dash when he must have been physically exhausted) to move Alice into the driving seat, oh George did you not think the inside of Alice’s car would be ground zero for forensics, He’s further done himself up by telling Alistair that he saw the accident from the road and came to see if he could help, no mention of being in the car with Alice and that she needed help. Also have to wonder that if it had been anyone else but Alice if he’d attempted a rescue, All in all a brilliant dycotomy of the character of George Grundy .. good or evil…. 🤫
Would anyone be doing forensics on the car if George says Alice was driving and Alice can’t remember/denies it but was out of it drunk? I really feel for her, she had clearly put the keys out of her own way because she knew she couldn’t drive.

I did wonder before last night’s ep if Hannah was going to be involved and George would have to choose whether to do the right thing.

Surely now with Joy going into hospital we’ll finally get the truth of ‘our Rochelle’… I am still going with the theory she has been dead a long time (possibly even as a baby?) and Joy has invented her life story to cope with the loss.

Reactions: 3
Would anyone be doing forensics on the car if George says Alice was driving and Alice can’t remember/denies it but was out of it drunk? I really feel for her, she had clearly put the keys out of her own way because she knew she couldn’t drive.

I did wonder before last night’s ep if Hannah was going to be involved and George would have to choose whether to do the right thing.

Surely now with Joy going into hospital we’ll finally get the truth of ‘our Rochelle’… I am still going with the theory she has been dead a long time (possibly even as a baby?) and Joy has invented her life story to cope with the loss.
Oops firstly too late to edit my post I meant to say that ‘if it was anyone else than Fallon [not Alice] in the water.’

It would be dependant on what happens next if forensics get called in, lots of scenarios around viz: will Alice actually not recover from downing a large bottle of vodka in a short time, alcohol poisoning comes into the equation: is Fallon actually OK, she seemed remarkably chirpy after such a traumatic experience, will she get PTSD; I get what you mean about Rochelle but the hospital trying to contact someone’s next of kin would only arise if death was imminent, which it could be but I really hope isn’t.

Oops firstly too late to edit my post I meant to say that ‘if it was anyone else than Fallon [not Alice] in the water.’

It would be dependant on what happens next if forensics get called in, lots of scenarios around viz: will Alice actually not recover from downing a large bottle of vodka in a short time, alcohol poisoning comes into the equation: is Fallon actually OK, she seemed remarkably chirpy after such a traumatic experience, will she get PTSD; I get what you mean about Rochelle but the hospital trying to contact someone’s next of kin would only arise if death was imminent, which it could be but I really hope isn’t.
Oh I didn’t necessarily mean the hospital would call her, more that Mick would presumably suggest/insist that she should be contacted to let her know what’s happened? Joy has led people to believe she has been on the verge of visiting or recently been in touch several times so wouldn’t be unusual for someone call her to visit, especially if Joy is unconscious for any prolonged period of time.

I’m really intrigued about Rochelle. I hope that gets answered as part of this storyline!

Not sure I can cope with Fallon going through with having a baby she doesn’t want. She best stick to her principles here.

Reactions: 6
Not sure I can cope with Fallon going through with having a baby she doesn’t want. She best stick to her principles here.
I’m really disappointed by this, I loved Fallon for choosing not to have children. They couldn’t just leave her be, it’s not like they’ve been short of accidental pregnancy

• Heart
I’m really disappointed by this, I loved Fallon for choosing not to have children. They couldn’t just leave her be, it’s not like they’ve been short of accidental pregnancy
Yes this has really pissed me off too. I have children but totally respect women who chose not too. This foisting a baby on her, so she has to decide to keep it or not, is just so annoying. And unnecessary.
Disappointing.

I think it’s all to add to the pile on for Alice. It’s also going to cause a rift with Harrison now that it’s clear how much a child would mean to him.

I think it’s all to add to the pile on for Alice. It’s also going to cause a rift with Harrison now that it’s clear how much a child would mean to him.
Yes totally. And his constantly saying to Fallon he was fine with no children has been shown as him not being honest with himself.
It's interesting. I can't see where this will end up tbh. I presume George will be exposed at some point somehow - but how much damage will have been done by then?

Yes! I get the disappointment with the child free and happy storyline but do like that they are bringing how this can lead to conflict and how some men, of course, go along with what the woman wants and remain in the relationship but it’s complicated.

I would love them to just have a child free and happy couple bubbling along in background. I know several child free by choice couples and it’s becoming far more common.

I’m really intrigued about Rochelle. I hope that gets answered as part of this storyline!
‘Rochelle’ is one of TA’s famous long storylines, they get resolved ultimately ** but can ramble on for years. I just want to say here that if Rochelle is imagined, or a now deceased person, she is obviously of comfort to Joy; if they are going to progress this storyline then I hope it is well researched, like lots of things many of us wouldn’t give much thought to the scenario isn’t totally unrealistic.

** …. they sorted the bunting but the village postbox says hello.
---
So much happening at the same time but wanted to go back a couple of days to say how impressed I was with Kate a couple of nights back, I backed her the whole way with the conversation she was having with Brian whilst they waited when Alice was being interviewed at the police station by the Duty Solicitor. Not even a case of tough love but one of true realism. Wishy-washy Kate of all people, probably some will think typical of selfish Kate but don’t think so in this instance.

[Brian’s interpretation of Duty Solicitor: “one who’s learned it off the internet”. .. yes funntbbut ever the snob Brian.
---

‘Rochelle’ is one of TA’s famous long storylines, they get resolved ultimately ** but can ramble on for years. I just want to say here that if Rochelle is imagined, or a now deceased person, she is obviously of comfort to Joy; if they are going to progress this storyline then I hope it is well researched, like lots of things many of us wouldn’t give much thought to the scenario isn’t totally unrealistic.

---

So much happening at the same time but wanted to go back a couple of days to say how impressed I was with Kate a couple of nights back, I backed her the whole way with the conversation she was having with Brian whilst they waited when Alice was being interviewed at the police station by the Duty Solicitor. Not even a case of tough love but one of true realism. Wishy-washy Kate of all people, probably some will think typical of selfish Kate but don’t think so in this instance.

[Brian’s interpretation of Duty Solicitor: “one who’s learned it off the internet”. .. yes funntbbut ever the snob Brian.
Too late to edit but the final para should read:
[Brian’s interpretation of Duty Solicitor: “one who’s learned it off the internet: .. yes funny but ever the snob Brisn]
---

---

[Brian’s interpretation of Duty Solicitor: “one who’s learned it off the internet”. .. yes funny but ever the snob Brian.]
---
Sorry my last post has come out all over the place .. oops, I was only trying to edit it, they don’t give you enough time here on Tattle to do that.
---

---

---

Too late to edit but the final para should read:
[Brian’s interpretation of Duty Solicitor: “one who’s learned it off the internet: .. yes funny but ever the snob Brisn]
---

---
Sorry my post has come out all over the place .. oops, I was only trying to edit it, they don’t give you enough time here on Tattle to do that.

Last edited:
Sorry about my last post guys, Tattle don’t give you enough time to edit, hope it makes sense.

I appreciated how they handled Chelsea’s situation a way back (and was dead surprised, tbh, they took the termination route with her, a little sad for personal reasons but that’s by the by). Have loved the character and the way the actor plays her since then. Am Team Chelsea. (Also Team Lillian but that’s mainly for her filthy laugh.)

Reactions: 5
Could not agree more. I’m not sure who the last planned baby in Ambridge was - Xander? And without surrogacy or IVF involved… Keira Grundy? We’ve had Rosie and Martha and then Chelsea’s pregnancy… yes, contraceptives aren’t failsafe but if you’re actively trying not to get pregnant it’s normally pretty successful.

Even at the time a couple of years back, the conversation between Harrison and Fallon about parenthood seemed like one they probably should have had earlier in their relationship. Maybe he didn’t know how much he actually did want to be a parent before there was the potential of it happening… but I would have loved a happy, childfree couple to not be struck down with consequences for their choices.

Could not agree more. I’m not sure who the last planned baby in Ambridge was - Xander? And without surrogacy or IVF involved… Keira Grundy? We’ve had Rosie and Martha and then Chelsea’s pregnancy… yes, contraceptives aren’t failsafe but if you’re actively trying not to get pregnant it’s normally pretty successful.

Even at the time a couple of years back, the conversation between Harrison and Fallon about parenthood seemed like one they probably should have had earlier in their relationship. Maybe he didn’t know how much he actually did want to be a parent before there was the potential of it happening… but I would have loved a happy, childfree couple to not be struck down with consequences for their choices.
Would it be the twins?

Reactions: 1