The Archers

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I suppose she can't tell anyone about Harry as part of it she was his sponsor and it is therefore confidential, so can't share the burden?
Hopefully it is a temporary blip. As the saying goes a lit match doesn't always mean a forest fire.
But interesting she already had the booze in the house so was planning it.

Reactions: 1
I suppose she can't tell anyone about Harry as part of it she was his sponsor and it is therefore confidential, so can't share the burden?
Hopefully it is a temporary blip. As the saying goes a lit match doesn't always mean a forest fire.
I wonder if it wasn’t alcohol she drank, very long shot but would she have done that with just her and Martha in the house? Dark if the producers are playing with us,

Last edited:
I wonder if it wasn’t alcohol she drank, very long shot but would she have done that with just her and Martha in the house? Dark if the producers are playing with us,
Good point, I hadn’t thought of that.
Though I’ve been so exasperated with Alice that I’m beyond thought at this point!
---
But she isn’t his sponsor, certainly not in any official capacity.
Anyone in the know would have told her to leave well alone as they’re too closely linked.
He’s bad for her.

I've tried to listen to three episodes this week but my husband kept coming into the kitchen and talking over them so I'll have to relisten as I've missed a few bits. Might do that as I sort out my greenhouse and pot on my seedlings.

• Haha
Oh it’s so sad with Alice and so well done. I’ve seen it happen where high functioning alcoholics, which for the most part Alice was, return to drink because for a time it actually helps them to do life. They can suddenly cope with the stresses of life again because they know there is alcohol waiting at the end of the day. It’s so hard and I don’t think people realise how complicated it can be. She wouldn’t straight away be off trying to snog Harrison.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Alistair and Denise snogging in the vestry in freezing cold April for like 15 seconds max and already he had his shirt half off? Come on! 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 3
I know Jimus loves Alistair and wants the best for him, but I really find it hard to believe he would condone and encourage adultery. It just doesn't seem something he would do.

Reactions: 3
Drunk Alice is back and Brian has reverted to “me myself and I” mode, projecting his own guilt about taking his eye off the ball while he enjoys his new relationship with Miranda upon poor bewildered Jakob who was stuck between a rock and a hard place, Jakob is a kindly soul and was totally manipulated by Alice. Will Brian apologise to Jakob …. next question when exactly did Hell freeze over. Oh Alice, it’s one thing getting drunk, but destroying family relationships in your wake is another story.
Great acting by all concerned last night, especially Lillian who took a while twig what was happening, I was shouting at the radio “.. just let them leave Lillian “.

I'm confused about the quiz and Alice's drunkardness (did I miss segments whilst doing my chores!).
Suddenly, they're in the middle of the quiz and Brian's wanting to leave discreetly so I don't know if:
Was Alice drunk when she arrived for the quiz Or
Had she been buying drinks at the bull without them realising

Poor Jakob, easy to be manipulated, but his character particularly would have told Kate.