The Anna Edit #8 The Ofmark Edit: Blessed be the crotch shot

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Wow, who is this?
Definitely Ruby Granger and Jack Edwards, but there may have been others. When criticised, Ruby made a show about donating the fee to an ‘underfunded state school’ for a Holocaust memorial but that seems to have died a death and no more has been heard about it.

• Wow
Reactions: 7
Oh yes totally. I thought it was ridiculous martyrdom. It’s not like the midwives are being called away from treating covid patients. They are there for people giving birth. And you have every right to go on as normal and get pregnant during a pandemic.
Shes just trying to people please and not upset the internet to the most extreme degree.
I agree with this. And what's her logic for feeling guilty about putting pressure on the NHS when she was actively trying to conceive? She tries to be this goody goody aware of her privilege, but it come across really insincere to me (it's the same thing when she says she has to wait to do renovations after buying a 1 million pound house).

I used to really like Anna for how down to earth she was, but nothing about her feels genuine anymore. Her whole capsule wardrobe thing is a joke. I don't claim to have a capsule wardrobe, yet she buys and owns WAY more clothes than me lol. If she enjoys shopping and adding to her wardrobe, just own it. She keeps pretending to be something she isn't.

• Heart
Reactions: 43
I call it the performative privilege olympics and it comes up a lot in conversations that I have with white women. (Full disclosure: I’m a white woman.) But I’ve noticed it when people are talking about privilege and they hedge all of their sentences with something like “I’m in a privileged position to have a job during the pandemic” or “it’s my privilege that lets me buy multiple pairs of non-maternity jeans to hide my pregnancy, but I recognize not all sizing is inclusive”. And it’s like the mere fact of saying you recognize your privilege is enough and you’re off free because you’ve said you’re privileged. It’s not. Instead, use that privilege for something that’s more than performing and lining your own pockets.
So Anna is trying to show and perform she’s the most aware of her privilege by these meaningless statements when her actions totally contradict them.
I hope I’m making sense here. I’ve just noticed that with a certain group of white women they’re always trying to have what feels like an Olympic competition to see who recognizes their privilege the most and it’s so gross

• Heart
Reactions: 36
]
Oh, that makes sense. I knew it had to be a reference to something. I have not seen The Handmaid’s Tale yet. Have been wanting to, but would have to get yet another streaming service, and I refuse. —Or I can just read the book of course ;).

thanks!
the book is slow, I got bored really quickly 😊

Thread suggestion: Fig Newton and the immaculate conception, poor Scandi Reno and clothes of deception.

Last edited:
Reactions: 14
Ok so I’m the person who at 28 gave birth to a girl and was told 2 hours later that they had a lifelong disability and life as I knew it was gone forever so fair enough my thoughts and opinions are a bit skewed but when she was about to explain why she took so long to say she was pregnant I immediately thought bless her maybe there were issues with the scans and they’ve gone through allsorts

But the size 31 jeans and keeping schtum was to earn as much money for as long as possible (fully expect that to pay for her disappearance Aug to Jan)Fair play though she was honest

• Heart
Reactions: 26
Is she selling her pyjamas separately as silk shirt and trousers? Is she taking the piss? 😂
Btw I’ve just put on a top that I got for my 18th birthday (turning 31 soon) and it made me think of our queen of sustainability and her capsule wardrobe. It’s obviously just a random top that happens to still be in good shape, but it just made me think of Anna and how proud she is if she’s owned “pieces” for two years.
27B0E79E-20AD-4CCA-B9D8-3AABC22530EE.png

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 19
Is she selling her pyjamas separately as silk shirt and trousers? Is she taking the piss? 😂
Btw I’ve just put on a top that I got for my 18th birthday (turning 31 soon) and it made me think of our queen of sustainability and her capsule wardrobe. It’s obviously just a random top that happens to still be in good shape, but it just made me think of Anna and how proud she is if she’s owned “pieces” for two years.View attachment 543427
I thought the same thing about the silk shirt and trousers - clearly pyjamas?! And I used to like that skirt, obviously isn’t Scandi mum though.

Reactions: 12
I call it the performative privilege olympics and it comes up a lot in conversations that I have with white women. (Full disclosure: I’m a white woman.) But I’ve noticed it when people are talking about privilege and they hedge all of their sentences with something like “I’m in a privileged position to have a job during the pandemic” or “it’s my privilege that lets me buy multiple pairs of non-maternity jeans to hide my pregnancy, but I recognize not all sizing is inclusive”. And it’s like the mere fact of saying you recognize your privilege is enough and you’re off free because you’ve said you’re privileged. It’s not. Instead, use that privilege for something that’s more than performing and lining your own pockets.
So Anna is trying to show and perform she’s the most aware of her privilege by these meaningless statements when her actions totally contradict them.
I hope I’m making sense here. I’ve just noticed that with a certain group of white women they’re always trying to have what feels like an Olympic competition to see who recognizes their privilege the most and it’s so gross
Performative privilege Olympics is spot on! Anna and Lily leading the influencer pack in all talk, no real action. It seems that instead of striving to become better allies, white women are concentrating their efforts on who can be the most performative. Anna’s double dipping in both sustainability and equality categories, tho they are not completely separate!

As mentioned previously I’m from South Africa and this attitude has been rampant among younger white people for some time ... “I care, but well what can I do.” Who can be the “best white” contest. There’s even a book title mocking this type of behavior: “Best White: And Other Anxious Delusions” by Rebecca Davis

Maybe Anna should add this to her non-functioning book club reading list.

Reactions: 12
Oh, and all the recommendations for books... obviously on the best seller/ popular lists written by non-white authors suddenly being in vogue, which ofcourse they will give glowing reviews. As you said it's so terribly performative and shallow. Heaven forbid they talk about discrimination that isn't "safe" and could lose them viewers or brand deals I am not here for it.

Reactions: 11
Btw I’ve just put on a top that I got for my 18th birthday (turning 31 soon) and it made me think of our queen of sustainability and her capsule wardrobe. It’s obviously just a random top that happens to still be in good shape, but it just made me think of Anna and how proud she is if she’s owned “pieces” for two years.View attachment 543427
I can’t believe how quickly she’s getting rid of that skirt!

I’m surprised she sold those Failfull linen trousers. Looks like they would’ve been great for post-pregnancy 🤷🏻‍♀️🤷🏻‍♀️🤷🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 6
I think Anna thinks she has a capsule wardrobe because she compares herself to other influencers, who buy/get gifted an absolute SHEDLOAD of clothes. So maybe in comparison to someone like Lydia or Amelia (for example) she feels quite minimal.

Unfortunately for the trying-to-be-relatebale Anna, the influencer universe is not the real world. So when watched from our side of YouTube, her ‘capsule’ wardrobe is ridiculous and not capsule at all.

P.S please can the next thread title include shedload? E.g: The OfMark Edit: A shedload of baby content

Reactions: 20
I'd love it if Anna named the boy after a Friends character, given that she's stolen the episode title structure from them for a literal decade.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
I have seen women snap back after each baby with 3 under 4, every body is different, especially since that skirt could sit under the bump this summer and she could get some wear still. I never watched Lily but just from what I have read here she’s toxic af

Does anyone remember when Anna was very into fitness and quite muscular? I wonder if she’ll get back into it post baby

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.