The Anna Edit #5 Anna and the thermostat prison guard.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
To me Mark looks less like ryan glossing and more like the roommate from notting hill!!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 67
THIS! Oh my god I was SO sucked into the whole youtuber beauty world at one point. I wasted so much money on expensive make up and now, roughly 5 years on after having tried almost every high end foundation (believe me, I wish I was lying for my bank accounts sake) the foundation I use is L’OrĂ©al true match and the concealer I use is collection lasting perfection.

Higher price tag definitely does NOT equal higher quality. But these influencers would never dream of admitting that.
Gigi Hadid has just done this for Vogue. It's refreshingly down to earth. Anna take note.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
Agree she’s old enough now to see the light that sometimes some trends don’t suit us whether it be our skin colour body shape or age, she’s cool toned esp in winter, there’s probably a fortnight in August were she’s tanned enough to wear these brown tones and that’s about it (slapping fake tan on in April doesn’t make you look tanned it just gives you a strange fake pallor, bit like the ton of bronzer she’s been using the last month, probably to make the brown toned clothes “work”)

If she doesn’t want to wear plain brown eyeshadow a slight burgundy toned brown tone would look class with her eye colour and leave the orange toned ones for that fortnight in August when she might get away with it

But on the other hand I am a supporter of “you do you “ I just can’t help but see when something would suit someone far more
oh 100%, wear what you want when you want. And as someone who's also cool toned, it's quite difficult to find things in your everyday life that suit you. I have to buy eyeshadow singles, I have to see an item of clothing in person etc. Total first world problems, but I think it would actually be a bit of a break through for her if she took a 'colour test' (for her own benefit) and went through her makeup/clothes and curated a little makeup bag/wardrobe with colours that suit her.

JUDY on YouTube did a cool tone vs warm tone makeup on each side of her face and she was brought over to the cool side after using warm oranges and pinks almost exclusively! It just really resonated with me that she had that realisation on camera and has implemented little changes ever since.

*edit* sorry for the long post. I really enjoy colour theory and I feel that it's something people in fashion influencer world should know about.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I’m of the few people here who doesn’t mind Anna’s clothing. Yes, she looked good back in the day too, but to me, that look of a skinny jean and ankle boots does look a little dated and I can understand someone moves on from that.

I agree with the eyebrows though. They’re too much.

Reactions: 9
I can imagine Anna and Lily having this conversation

A: Lily, do you think I need to thin out the brows? Be honest.
L: No way! They’re amazing, having a moment - super on trend. Anyone who says otherwise is just jealous. I wish my eyebrows were like yours.
A: You’re such a good friend! â˜ș
L: 😏

I miss the Anna from 3/4 years ago. I can’t relate to her content now.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 26
oh 100%, wear what you want when you want. And as someone who's also cool toned, it's quite difficult to find things in your everyday life that suit you. I have to buy eyeshadow singles, I have to see an item of clothing in person etc. Total first world problems, but I think it would actually be a bit of a break through for her if she took a 'colour test' (for her own benefit) and went through her makeup/clothes and curated a little makeup bag/wardrobe with colours that suit her.

JUDY on YouTube did a cool tone vs warm tone makeup on each side of her face and she was brought over to the cool side after using warm oranges and pinks almost exclusively! It just really resonated with me that she had that realisation on camera and has implemented little changes ever since.

*edit* sorry for the long post. I really enjoy colour theory and I feel that it's something people in fashion influencer world should know about.
Who is Judy?

I’m of the few people here who doesn’t mind Anna’s clothing. Yes, she looked good back in the day too, but to me, that look of a skinny jean and ankle boots does look a little dated and I can understand someone moves on from that.

I agree with the eyebrows though. They’re too much.
Totally agree if she wore those I’d slate her for being old fashioned a la Fleur, it’s the warm toned colours in the winter when she’s so fair that drives us mad esp the eyeshadow

Reactions: 5
Ah, didn't know that! Found it to be quite charming though.
Not to be too cynical but I feel like almost all of those vogue/Harper’s bazaar videos are often just expensive well-produced versions of influencer ad’s, like the celeb is often the face of, a brand ambassador, or some kind of subtle partner for the skin care or make up they’re showing or at the least a lot of it is insanely priced stuff that they were gifted yet are recommending for us regular folk to go buy (cough Anna Newton cough) and they’re just better at acting charming and down to earth while being millionaires. Sorry for the excessive cynicism 🙈I’ve been hitting my limits with all influencers/celebs/people with insane financial resources during this pandemic and year long unemployment while trying to study for the lsat and apply to law school, but at least Anna could learn how to be more charming and persuasive on camera from Gigi!

Reactions: 17
Not to be too cynical but I feel like almost all of those vogue/Harper’s bazaar videos are often just expensive well-produced versions of influencer ad’s, like the celeb is often the face of, a brand ambassador, or some kind of subtle partner for the skin care or make up they’re showing or at the least a lot of it is insanely priced stuff that they were gifted yet are recommending for us regular folk to go buy (cough Anna Newton cough) and they’re just better at acting charming and down to earth while being millionaires. Sorry for the excessive cynicism 🙈I’ve been hitting my limits with all influencers/celebs/people with insane financial resources during this pandemic and year long unemployment while trying to study for the lsat and apply to law school, but at least Anna could learn how to be more charming and persuasive on camera from Gigi!
Oh I totally agree with you re influencer culture, I posted a while back that they used to be seen as the honest brokers rather than a print media reliant on ad revenue but that's just not the case anymore. Most of them will say anything for the buck and when you think that this has enabled Anna to buy a million pound home it's awful. It's baffling that those that fawn over the vlogs don't make the connection.

Very best wishes for your exams and law school.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Seeing the stories that Anna’s manager put out, all I can say was Anna was fortunate that she started 10 years ago. She was also very lucky that Lily encouraged her to go full time because I don’t see how she can ever make it in today’s environment. There are far more genuine, better looking (sorry!), eloquent and smart ladies with USP out there. I don’t buy the Girl Next Door thing she perpetuates either. I often find her calculative and disingenuous. Sorry, I know many of you like her, this is just my opinions don’t mean to offend.

Mark and Anna (especially Mark) are definitely holier than thou. Mark will definitely look down at influencer culture had Anna not earn millions from her job.

Last edited:
Reactions: 31
What's the cartoon character this reminds me of? I can't remember the name, but it was on Cartoon Network growing up.
Someone once commented that Anna gives them major Miss Trunchbull from Matilda vibes. It's a comment that has stayed with me! 😄

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Helga from Hey Arnold? (Although Helga’s eyebrows are thinner than Anna’s!)
I was thinking Pinky and the Brain?!

I think the pandemic and the rise of micro influencers have really pulled the rug out from these OG influencers. In the past, they could get by without an inch of talent because they were doing something revolutionary that very few were doing. It’s gotten so blatantly obvious to me that Anna, Lily, etc. have very little understanding of the things they talk about/show. I wouldn’t take skincare advice from them, their fashion sense is severely lacking (if they had gone to fashion school or art school, they would know about color theory!) and they’re just sticking with it because it’s lucrative. Aside from making more money and bigger brand deals, have any of them really grown in their field? The KPIs of being an influencer are vapid and meaningless.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
So glad I read this. Was briefly considering giving it a go sometime a few weeks ago but never bothered to actually buy it.
I actually love the it cosmetics cc cream. I have mild rosacea and thread veins and it Covers them up perfectly without looking cakey. I only use 1 pump and apply with my fingers (heathen) and honestly it looks natural and lasts all day. If you’ve dry skin they have a pink one which is glowy and quite nice. Alternative the dr jart cicapair colour corrected is ace and natural coverage.

That said I know their is controversy for both because shade range is crap but they are the only things that don’t make me more red or feel unlike myself.

When the shops reopen I’d suggest getting a tester!

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.