The Anna Edit #5 Anna and the thermostat prison guard.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She is as similar to Julia Roberts as he is to Ryan Gosling.
I.e. They're all white people.
I must admit, I initially thought it was Ryan Reynolds she was convinced he resembled, then when I realised it was Gosling I googled him and... nope. Still no resemblance there.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I wasn't expecting anything bad when I opened Instagram when this scared the tit out of me. šŸ’€ It's a bit...jarring....
Ryan Gosling my arse.
View attachment 424872
I thought the first photo was one of those filters that are supposed to make you look like a teenager, but actually, make you just look like a creepy adult. Either way, it's terrifying and nobody I mean NOBODY ASKED FOR THIS.

Reactions: 7
Gosling resemblance aside, that haircut should have happened weeks ago.

Reactions: 5
So their beloved It cosmetics CC cream that cost Ā£32.50 accentuated my dry bits and aged me by 10 years, really didn't work. I tried many other high end foundations, but the best one for me is Revolution foundations drops that is Ā£7 and is often on sale. Currently Ā£3.50. I have many other products that are the same - expensive alternatives are just not good enough.
THIS! Oh my god I was SO sucked into the whole youtuber beauty world at one point. I wasted so much money on expensive make up and now, roughly 5 years on after having tried almost every high end foundation (believe me, I wish I was lying for my bank accounts sake) the foundation I use is Lā€™OrĆ©al true match and the concealer I use is collection lasting perfection.

Higher price tag definitely does NOT equal higher quality. But these influencers would never dream of admitting that.

Reactions: 19
When are we seeing a haircut from Lily?
Asap! Whenever her next Grey day is (she couldnā€™t possibly fit it in to one of her work days, sheā€™s too busy unsubscribing from emails and complaining about being a busy London mum šŸ™„)

• Haha
Reactions: 18
She canā€™t drink plain water. She HAS to have some kind of flavouring in it. What does she do when sheā€™s a guest somewhere? What if sheā€™s at an important business meeting and is only offered water?
Also, she doesnā€™t like any hot drinks. Iā€™ve never met anyone who canā€™t drink some kind of hot drink and there are plenty of social situations around them, such that most people have found a hot drink of choice. I wonder what about them makes her unable to drink them?
I wouldnā€™t choose plain water at home either but if thatā€™s whatā€™s on offer, Iā€™m a grown up who will drink it and I dare say Anna would too. And itā€™s not that weird to not drink hot drinks.

THIS! Oh my god I was SO sucked into the whole youtuber beauty world at one point. I wasted so much money on expensive make up and now, roughly 5 years on after having tried almost every high end foundation (believe me, I wish I was lying for my bank accounts sake) the foundation I use is Lā€™OrĆ©al true match and the concealer I use is collection lasting perfection.

Higher price tag definitely does NOT equal higher quality. But these influencers would never dream of admitting that.
I also use Collection Lasting Perfection - it's great stuff. Fun fact: I was 'influenced' to buy this by Zoella years back. Lol. She still uses it too!

• Heart
Another influencer was doing Korean dupes for popular beauty products video awhile back and she recommended A'pieu moist creamy concealer as a dupe for Nars creamy concealer, I have been buying it ever since for about 5 years now. It's great and doesn't break the bank unlike Nars.

not that iā€™m surprised; I know people wonder how Anna and Lily are friends but I feel like theyā€™re two sides of the same coin - Annaā€™s good at acting likable but I donā€™t doubt sheā€™s as much of a witch as Lily, just sneakier
šŸ’Æ agree on this. I was catching up on Lilyā€™s thread and someone commented how their ex-best friend was one of those that took joy in other peopleā€™s failure (Iā€™m paraphrasing here). At first youā€™d assume they were talking about Lily but they mentioned Anna.

I can totally understand their point. One of my friends has a similar vibe.. you just know that her and her partner are smug and taking the piss out of everyone else and thatā€™s the exact feeling I get from Anna. Sheā€™s not this poor door mat of a friend... sheā€™s (and Mark for that matter) got to secretly get off on criticism towards Lily. Iā€™m sure anyone who has experienced similar with people they know can see right through Anna.

And Iā€™m someone who actually quite likes her and have been watching her for years!

• Heart
Reactions: 19
I will never forget when years ago I went into Selfridges specifically for that It Cosmetics CC cream (even though I used to find it intimidating cause I didnā€™t have the budget to shop there). Both Anna and Lily were raving so much about it and the brilliant customer service that I decided to treat myself for my birthday. I knew how expensive it was so after not finding my exact colour match I asked if I could get a sample to try in natural light for a couple of days, but the guy at the counter looked at me like I was insane and very rudely declined. Well, never again did I go back or listen to their idiotic recommendations. Great customer service - maybe to influencers getting stuff for free. I also realised how Lily and Anna frequently complain about poor customer service whenever they have to pay from their own pocket, but thereā€™s no criticism whatsoever for freebies.
Aw, that sucks! I had the opposite experience actually - the guy at the counter in Selfridges matched me, I bought the CC cream and he gave me a sample of the concealer (which is probably the worst concealer I've ever tried...)

By the way I do agree that both Lily and Anna have no idea what it means to actually buy beauty products, or anyway, they've lost touch with how expensive some things are (example: that Allies of Skin product that Anna mentioned a thousand times)

Reactions: 8
This also reminds me she used to have that short tooth in the front right next to her front tooth (I guess on the left side things things are flipped on cam). She never talked about it (as far as I remember), but pretty sure she got that fixed at least a bit as it's not nearly as obvious now. Also - eyebrow difference - whoa!

View attachment 425094

View attachment 425098
She looked better before, even with the short tooth. Now she looks like Mr Bean.

I had to stop watching her when I realised how amazing she looks in cool, light pastel colours, but she almost only owns warm toned yellows/browns, even in her makeup. And for some reason, despite being fashion obsessed and constantly looking at vids/pics of herself for however many years, she doesn't realise. šŸ™„
Agree sheā€™s old enough now to see the light that sometimes some trends donā€™t suit us whether it be our skin colour body shape or age, sheā€™s cool toned esp in winter, thereā€™s probably a fortnight in August were sheā€™s tanned enough to wear these brown tones and thatā€™s about it (slapping fake tan on in April doesnā€™t make you look tanned it just gives you a strange fake pallor, bit like the ton of bronzer sheā€™s been using the last month, probably to make the brown toned clothes ā€œworkā€)

If she doesnā€™t want to wear plain brown eyeshadow a slight burgundy toned brown tone would look class with her eye colour and leave the orange toned ones for that fortnight in August when she might get away with it

But on the other hand I am a supporter of ā€œyou do you ā€œ I just canā€™t help but see when something would suit someone far more

Agree sheā€™s old enough now to see the light that sometimes some trends donā€™t suit us whether it be our skin colour body shape or age, sheā€™s cool toned esp in winter, thereā€™s probably a fortnight in August were sheā€™s tanned enough to wear these brown tones and thatā€™s about it (slapping fake tan on in April doesnā€™t make you look tanned it just gives you a strange fake pallor, bit like the ton of bronzer sheā€™s been using the last month, probably to make the brown toned clothes ā€œworkā€)

If she doesnā€™t want to wear plain brown eyeshadow a slight burgundy toned brown tone would look class with her eye colour and leave the orange toned ones for that fortnight in August when she might get away with it

But on the other hand I am a supporter of ā€œyou do you ā€œ I just canā€™t help but see when something would suit someone far more
Ooh burgundy would look lovely on her instead of all those orangey browns. I think we're entitled to comment on her unflattering makeup and clothing choices as she is supposedly a bloody influencer and could be doing a much better job of it. Wear all those overpriced, oversized clothes all you want Nana but don't expect us to be wowed by them.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
šŸ’Æ agree on this. I was catching up on Lilyā€™s thread and someone commented how their ex-best friend was one of those that took joy in other peopleā€™s failure (Iā€™m paraphrasing here). At first youā€™d assume they were talking about Lily but they mentioned Anna.
I completely agree! Her and Mark give off that holier-than-thou attitude! And it DISGUSTS me so much, especially lately! They have no personality, no spice, nothing! Theyā€™re as bland as bland gets and honestly donā€™t seem to have more than 2 brain cells to rub together between the two of them. She seems smarter than other influencers because she does the bare minimum but sometimes, she says something and the lack of intelligence and life experience really pop out...

Unrelated to this - Joe Sugg and Dianne Buswell seem to have bought a house near Zoellaā€™s(this isnā€™t confirmed, simply speculation) and donā€™t seem to have spent nearly as much as Anna for a house with 0 issues and that looks MUCH nicer with a better garden.

I understand that maybe they fell in love with the house, but with as large of a purchase as a house, I canā€™t understand that being enough to buy one! Especially when they both work from home! There wasnā€™t an ounce of practicality in them, it seems like...

Ooh burgundy would look lovely on her instead of all those orangey browns. I think we're entitled to comment on her unflattering makeup and clothing choices as she is supposedly a bloody influencer and could be doing a much better job of it. Wear all those overpriced, oversized clothes all you want Nana but don't expect us to be wowed by them.
Sorry for so many posts in a row lmao, but this!!

Iā€™m all for ā€œyou do youā€ but sheā€™s a literal influencer - she is trying to sell us clothes and makeup and etc, but she doesnā€™t know how to dress herself. By virtue of this being her job, she is opening herself up to criticism on this - if she canā€™t dress herself properly, why should I trust her opinion on anything she recommends?

If a plumber fudges up my sink or pipes, Iā€™m going to criticize them. If an influencer does not have any sense of fashion or personal style, I will absolutely criticize them, because they donā€™t have the self awareness to do their job properly!

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.