The Anna Edit #3 We’re having a moment, a moving situation, oh my word.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm always baffled by all these women who seemingly enjoy reading but can't properly form sentences to save their lives

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
Completely different topic but the way she says onion (shes not the only one, Jamie Oliver does it too) makes me want to cut my ears off

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Completely different topic but the way she says onion (shes not the only one, Jamie Oliver does it too) makes me want to cut my ears off
How does she say it?! I'm fascinated but can't use sound this evening 😂
I'm not from the UK but a friend who is pronounces it "unny-yon" and it sounds awful to me 😯

Reactions: 2
How does she say it?! I'm fascinated but can't use sound this evening 😂
I'm not from the UK but a friend who is pronounces it "unny-yon" and it sounds awful to me 😯
Off topic, but that reminds me of a story of a Dutch minister who once held a speech somewhere, in English, with a very strong Dutch accent (Dunglish). Talking about the importance of the European Onion...

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
- over 400 dollar jogger set with eva birkenstock... just no
- what was the pose with her hand under the jumper in the second outfit? super weird
- executive woman realness... wearing black trousers and an ecru tshirt lolololol, it was an ok look
- why would i want to have a jumper thrown over my shoulders when i'm at home, this is not an architetural digest photo shoot
- what is it with first lily and now anna to feature stained clothes in videos? i would never ever ever go to work with stained clothes, it is just sloppy and unprofessional
- this one also ok, somethin i can wear to work myself
- another ok-ish one, nothing to write home about, cream (sorry biscuit-y colored) joggers adn ecru tshirt, admitedly i wear a version of this when i work from home
- very similar to sixth outfit, still not work-from-home outfit for me, why would i wear and crinkle an expensive pair of trousers when i'm working from couch. then again she doesn't have a proper office job that requires business-casual clothing. so the question is why did she buy these trousers? where does she go that she thinks would be ok to wear tailored wide leg trousers? tesco? especially with the super long hem it looks like clown pants. she really has no original bone in her body.
- again with the jumper thrown over her shoulder, just wear a cardigan or a zip-up hoodie...
- the oversized toteme jumper looks really worn and old and fluffy (not the nice soft kind) so i don't get her obsession with it. also half tucking a super wide jumper into skinny-ish joggers... no!

about missoma, in my country if you walk around wearing that much jewellery in the awful gold color, everyone would think you are a chav (the turkish version of chav which is called "kiro/kezban"). with that thick eyebrows and choppy haircut paired with those god-awful colored gold jewellery she looks like a parody of herself. i know what she is trying to do and the style she is trying to copy but it doesn't work.

i though it is pronounced like un-yunh, but maybe that is american english?

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 8
Off topic, but that reminds me of a story of a Dutch minister who once held a speech somewhere, in English, with a very strong Dutch accent (Dunglish). Talking about the importance of the European Onion...
And this gem.

- what was the pose with her hand under the jumper in the second outfit? super weird
- executive woman realness... wearing black trousers and an ecru tshirt lolololol, it was an ok look
- why would i want to have a jumper thrown over my shoulders when i'm at home, this is not an architetural digest photo shoot
- what is it with first lily and now anna to feature stained clothes in videos? i would never ever ever go to work with stained clothes, it is just sloppy and unprofessional
- another ok-ish one, nothing to write home about, cream (sorry biscuit-y colored) joggers adn ecru tshirt, admitedly i wear a version of this when i work from home
- very similar to sixth outfit, still not work-from-home outfit for me, why would i wear and crinkle an expensive pair of trousers when i'm working from couch. then again she doesn't have a proper office job that requires business-casual clothing. so the question is why did she buy these trousers? where does she go that she thinks would be ok to wear tailored wide leg trousers? tesco? especially with the super long hem it looks like clown pants. she really has no original bone in her body.
- again with the jumper thrown over her shoulder, just wear a cardigan or a zip-up hoodie...
- the oversized toteme jumper looks really worn and old and fluffy (not the nice soft kind) so i don't get her obsession with it. also half tucking a super wide jumper into skinny-ish joggers... no!

about missoma, in my country if you walk around wearing that much jewellery in the awful gold color, everyone would think you are a chav (the turkish version of chav which is called "kiro/kezban"). with that thick eyebrows and choppy haircut paired with those god-awful colored gold jewellery she looks like a parody of herself. i know what she is trying to do and the style she is trying to copy but it doesn't work.

Great analysis. Apparently Anna wears these outfits 'on repeat', except she really doesn't. When have we ever seen her loafing around in the Charlie Chaplin trousers paired with a tit ton of cheap looking jewellery?

Great analysis. Apparently Anna wears these outfits on 'repeat' but really she doesn't. When have we ever seen her loafing around in the Charlie Chaplain trousers paired with a tit ton of cheap looking jewellery?

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 7
She looks fabulous in those wide legs trousers! But the joggers socks and Birkenstock’s NO NO NO!

Reactions: 4
I used to really enjoy Anna's videos, but recently it seems she is padding her non-exisitent content with the word like. Honestly I think her videos would be half the length of she just stopped using that word every 5 seconds. Adding 'moment' to it just makes me want to bleach my ears.

I volunteer with young teenagers, they grow out of it! Her vocabulary (and Lily's, she does it too) are regressing. Its embarrassing and incredibly grating to listen too.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Anna and Lily Pebbles – her best friend and co-host of their ever popular At Home With podcast – often discuss how their choices for home styling are led more by classic pieces than trends

From the JL piece - YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME. Lily turned a beautiful period property into nothing but a trend piece!
Are Anna and Lily really ‘best friends’? Perhaps on social media but I don’t see it really otherwise. Just reinforces the fact that Lily rides Anna’s coat-tails. I wish she’d ditch her...

Reactions: 9
I tried with that video, but had to put it off. It was just ridiculous.

Reactions: 3
She looks fabulous in those wide legs trousers! But the joggers socks and Birkenstock’s NO NO NO!
Oh my god! The Birkenstock’s and socks!! 😡 Socks and sandals have never been fashionable and never will be! Please stop it! 😫😫

• Sick
Reactions: 6
I’m not a native speaker, but I hear nothing strange about the way she says onion.

Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.