The Anna Edit #14 Mrs Mark Newton continues to cosplay a beige upper middle class brand bore

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Ha! I didn't follow her back then. Did she pretend/let people think that her name was Vivianna or was she upfront about her name being Anna? I'm guessing she didn't think Anna was cool/unique/interesting enough so she just went for Vivianna instead? Or was there some other meaning behind the name? So many questions!

Reactions: 3
I used to follow her during that time, and I was convinced her name was actually Vivianna. So I don't think she ever mentioned it wasn't until her rebranding as Anna Edit. I remember thinking how weird that was. If I remember correctly, she did it for "privacy reasons".

Reactions: 20
It was the thing at the time to copy Zoella and use a variation of your given name as your blog name. And yes I think she said she was mortified at the thought of anyone she went to school with watching her videos in the early days so it helped to a be a slight step removed.

Reactions: 24
In fairness, most of our generation who got online in the 1990s/early aughts were taught never to use our real names on the internet.

Reactions: 45
OH. MY. WORD. I can't believe I'm credited for my small contribution to the thread title *giggles*

Reactions: 11
Yes, that too. I remember being horribly embarrassed when my schoolmates found out about my pseudonymous blog

Reactions: 14
Since when has her and Zoe Sugg been mates? I've never heard them mention each other.
I’d say they are more like friendly colleagues / acquaintances rather than mates. Probably stemming from being Gleam stablemates. I remember Anna had Zoe around to her flat when Anna first moved to Brighton. But it wasn't filmed. I don’t think they’ve ever collaborated.

What was the actual point of that video! The amount she spoke about could easily have just been left as an Instagram post. Don't need a whole Youtube video saying "I don't use this anymore...I don't use that....This is discontinued.." She almost seemed bored as she was saying it. I couldn't find any YouTube comments which even slightly indicated this, apart from one saying "People with real jobs who leave the house need powder though." Which really did make me laugh.

Reactions: 32
In fairness, most of our generation who got online in the 1990s/early aughts were taught never to use our real names on the internet.
Don't get me wrong - I'm not saying she should have used her real name, but rather that I found it weird how she never addressed it, and how she chose an actual name, not sth like Zoella which to me sounds more like a pseudonym

Reactions: 5
How does she expect to entice new viewers/followers by talking about out-of-date and discontinued makeup?

I always assumed her names was Vivianna and then later assumed she chose make it something a tad more unique than Anna while not using her real name.

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.