The Anna Edit #14 Mrs Mark Newton continues to cosplay a beige upper middle class brand bore

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Todays vlog definitely made me lose a few brain cells. I wanted to share a new to me influencer/creator Benita Larrson who makes lovely, simple videos that are engaging and have given me lots of organizational and practical tips that cost nothing. And her vlogs are lovely slices of life.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Todays vlog definitely made me lose a few brain cells. I wanted to share a new to me influencer/creator Benita Larrson who makes lovely, simple videos that are engaging and have given me lots of organizational and practical tips that cost nothing. And her vlogs are lovely slices of life.

so many different angles and locations in one video, mark would definitely get a stroke, come on, nothing beats sitting at your desk and smudging make-up on your face for 25 minutes, lol

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Would Anna timestamp her workouts if they were happening at 1pm, 3pm etc? She just has to let everyone know she's working out at 6.28am though. Ugh! She is so annoying!

• Haha
Reactions: 29
I find it so weird how she edits her child out of her life?! I’m a new mum too and your baby is your entire life day and night so why is she just editing him out like he doesn’t exist? It’s so strange and unrelatable isn’t it? I get th privacy issue so just don’t show his face/talk about the nitty gritty but her vlogs and Instagram edit her supposedly entire life out of her online presence so I just don’t know how anyone is meant to “buy into” anything when she is so so removed from her own reality!

• Heart
Reactions: 33
I reckon it’s for Lily’s benefit 😂
Probably. I bet she loves the fact that she is back to her pre-baby weight or has maybe even lost weight while Lily gained weight - it seems like her entire body shape changed after having Grey. Anna is such a show off. So smug about those 6am workouts.

Reactions: 16
The Oversized Coat Edit & My Buying Tips
Because it’s basically like wearing a very large blanket outside and it’s wonderful…
This post contains ad affiliate links (denoted by a ‘*’) & gifted items (denoted by ‘ad - gifted). You can read my full disclaimer here.
TheAnnaEdit-6960-January-2022.jpg

Oversized is IN and I for one am over the moon about it. There is nothing better than feeling like your outfit is giving you a hug, so that’s why today I’m rounding up my favourites from the high-street, the high-end side of things and the buying tips that I’ve found useful when purchasing my oversized coat for the season. The best thing about them is that they are SO WARM so ultimately you might not have to layer up as much as you usually do underneath them. Whilst we were shooting these photos Mark was freezing his arse off and I was very warm and very smug, so finally it’s a practical purchase that my Mum can get behind…
TheAnnaEdit-6826-January-2022.jpg

TheAnnaEdit-6829-January-2022.jpg

THE HIGH-STREET EDIT
My top pick has to be the ARKET Belted Wool Coat* that comes in black and grey and is perfectly slightly oversized (I wear a 40), but because of the tie-waist can be nipped in too, which makes it a little more versatile than others. I’m very into the oatmeal shade of this & Other Stories Oversized Wool Coat*, although I’m sure I will spill something down it in approximately seven minutes, perhaps this Whistles Navy Lola Wool Mix Cocoon Coat* is better suited to my clumsy tendencies. Speaking of which, Whistlesalways do cracking coats and although I’m not usually wild about pattern, I do love this Gabriella Wool Check Coat* and because the pattern is so neutral it will easy enough to wear and pair. Finally for two truly oversized fits try this H&M Oversized Wool-Blend Coat* (I’m very into the greige shade), or this ASOS Design Oversized Hybrid Coat* (which is perhaps the best dupe of the Raey one I’ve mentioned below).
SHOP THE EDIT*

<
UzqsVig5oRgsaac_dnrO0t52rXIvbehy9tMD2CbDXPFwiWOjEb.jpg
nb0Uw8bXOngrMzA8Oy92rP7d0E._24uQCjfvgMqwjG3AKkLyHQ.jpg
53rLjYQq0XGLEh2gQlc_bp81VcLBaDtbPcwWvAmVVaI25SH3s7.jpg
ug.SZGJD9.faMEft0cZ0qCfgwv.PxRlUv4RBoqQwt47apBsmJD.jpg

>

TheAnnaEdit-6839-January-2022.jpg

TheAnnaEdit-6836-January-2022.jpg

THE HIGH-END EDIT
Sadly the Raey Wool-Blend Oversized Coat* never made it into the sale, but it truly is as lush as everyone says and I don’t think I’ve ever been as warm as when I’m in this coat. The only downsize is that it doesn’t have pockets (!!!), which my Mum is horrified about, but it is beautifully thick and I’ve worn it everyday since I go it. My only buying tip would be to size down (I wear a S). Ones that did make it into the sale include the Isabel Marant Étoile Limiza Oversized Wool-Blend Coat* which has the sort of fit that looks like you borrowed a coat off your Grandad – in a good way! – or the Co Oversized Double-Breasted Cotton Twill Coat* that would look absolutely cracking with an all black outfit underneath. Of course Toteme are just the QUEENS of the oversized look and I love their Black Signature Wool & Cashmere Blend Coat*, it’s just such a classic and their Checked Side-Slit Wool Coat*, which is a statement pattern, but once again in a neutral that makes it so effortless to wear.
SHOP THE EDIT*
<
LLcgDOyAxrM3zjvCfoKpTHRUVQWr0se0ns6AflYYSClQeeOb94.jpg

>

TheAnnaEdit-6944-January-2022.jpg

TheAnnaEdit-6879-January-2022.jpg

MY BUYING TIPS
Try on both sizes. If in doubt try to test out two sizes if possible. You might need to size up to get a true oversized fit, but that isn’t always the case, so if possible try on your usual size and the size above to achieve your desired fit.
Make sure you can layer. This probably won’t be a problem as you’re looking for the fit to be oversized anyway, but if you’re searching for a toasty winter coat then it’s always good practice to try it on with your chunkiest knit underneath to ensure that it’s practical.
Check the measurements. A few brands have measurements available for garments and I personally find them so, so helpful. Often picking between sizes is the matter of a centimetre or two, and in those cases I just size up. But it isn’t always, so if the information is there then use it to the best of your advantage to save multiple returns.
Search Instagram. I love searching Instagram to see how things look in real life and on different body shapes. Use the explore feature to search hashtags and if it’s an iconic piece from a brand then there’s a high chance you’ll find what you’re looking for. It really helps me to visualise the garment better. The same goes for YouTube, as seeing video helps even more.
SHOP THE POST*

<

>
Photos by Mark Newton

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Does anyone else think the photos Anna posted on her IG yesterday look ridiculous? I laughed when I saw them. Three photos of Ralph all facing away from the camera. It looks silly. I agree with maintaining his privacy - but just leave him out of the photos altogether instead of this!

New theory: Anna is using a prop doll for those faceless Ralph pics! Ha!

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 15
How hideous are these pictures?

But is high end scandiiiiiii

Her hair also look like ramen
But it’s not 😆 Scandinavians aren’t actually wearing oversized coats. It’s Modern Norse mythology.
Yeah her hair looks like mine did at the youth club school disco when I was 14 and no one really knew how to use hair straighteners.

• Haha
I find it so weird how she edits her child out of her life?! I’m a new mum too and your baby is your entire life day and night so why is she just editing him out like he doesn’t exist? It’s so strange and unrelatable isn’t it? I get th privacy issue so just don’t show his face/talk about the nitty gritty but her vlogs and Instagram edit her supposedly entire life out of her online presence so I just don’t know how anyone is meant to “buy into” anything when she is so so removed from her own reality!
its truly bizarre. My second little boy is almost exactly the same age as Ralph and he is essentially attached to me still. Rightly so, he’s so dependent on me still and I’m soaking it all up as they grow so fast. Anna doesn’t even seem like she’s become a mum she’s edited the wee guy out so much it’s like he doesn’t exist. You can’t even tell his presence in the house!? Truly weird

its truly bizarre. My second little boy is almost exactly the same age as Ralph and he is essentially attached to me still. Rightly so, he’s so dependent on me still and I’m soaking it all up as they grow so fast. Anna doesn’t even seem like she’s become a mum she’s edited the wee guy out so much it’s like he doesn’t exist. You can’t even tell his presence in the house!? Truly weird
She doesn’t want to miss out on brand deals because she has a kid. She saw the damage it did the Lily’s channel when she had grey. Doesn’t make it right, however, if she’s doing an hour of work a week, he’s not without her for too long.

Reactions: 12
It’s not that I think she’s without him, you’re right she’s probably vlogging for 20 mins out of her entire week but it’s that she’s selling a lifestyle that is opposite of her actual current life. It’s so weird and far removed from her life how does she expect people to believe in her and her lifestyle when it’s not her true lifestyle. It’s bizarre to me

Reactions: 30
Influencers seem to have the least clingy babies in the world. Always happily napping in Snoopods or PooPads or whatever the heck those weird robot-experiment cribs are called. My baby would only suffer being apart from me for any length of time when she was 10+ months. She's 1.5 years now, and her preference is still to be attached by at least one limb :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 18
I love an oversized coat but damn, that Riley coat is so bad on her.

Reactions: 7
"Oversized is IN and I for one am over the moon about it."

- said the person who follows every single trend, for once my arse

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 28
"Oversized is IN and I for one am over the moon about it."

- said the person who follows every single trend, for once my arse
Hahahaha! Add that Ugg. Waiting for Lily to show us her oversized coat this week. My popcorn is ready

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.