The Anna Edit #10 swipe up to feed Prince Newton giggle giggle ad break over

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think she’s smart to take time off. She can do a major comeback that will attract a lot of views. Better than just plodding along.
Plodding… fab word, describes Ofmark and her sacks perfectly

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
I’m really curious as to how her content will change (or won’t change at all) post baby. Everyone struggles with first baby. You could be lucky and it’s small things or you could be desperately clinging on for dear life.
I feel like no matter how bad it got she would never be honest about it.
Who knows motherhood may snap her out of this beige cult fad and make her become a bit more genuine. But I feel like it will all carry on as normal but with a lot of baby gushing and none of the real gritty truth of first time parenting.
Yeah, I’m very curious too about how much they’ll speak about the birth and then the baby, as it can veer into mummy blogger territory.

I think she will still use the baby for indirect $$ - breast pump, post partum hair care, fitness stuff would all suit her brand.

I was actually also thinking about her jaw - it might be moving around due to all the softening of ligaments when you’re pregnant. I’m 6 months post baby and now seeing a podiatrist due to hyper extension issues in my feet.

• Wow
Reactions: 12
Anna desperately needs a coworker, a tutor or just a slap on her face. I don’t think she realises how unprofessional her content has become. She never seemed to overshare her personal life and had a relatively solid work ethic compared to most other influencers. Nowadays her posts have become an endless stream of embarrassingly personal moments and she seems to think intentionally deceiving her audience is the same as keeping things private. She would really benefit from working with someone else other than her husband and getting some distance from him every now and then. She’s like a brainwashed infatuated teenager that’s forgotten how to function on her own for five minutes.

And just to add, I hate how she keeps turning away from the camera to tell Mark what it is she’s talking about, hence repeating the same thing twice. That so badly needs to be edited.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 50
And just to add, I hate how she keeps turning away from the camera to tell Mark what it is she’s talking about, hence repeating the same thing twice. That so badly needs to be edited.
You’ve just made me realise what it is that’s irritating me about her videos - the turning to Mark and repeating thing reminds me of phone calls with older relatives where the one on the phone keeps breaking away from the conversation to tell whoever is sitting near them what the conversation is about. ‘Oh you’ve bought shoes‘ turns away from the phone but you can still hear every part of the following one-sided conversations ‘yes, she’s bought shoes, you know, brown ones like the ones you got from Clarks that time but that didn’t fit and you had to take them back. Yes, the ones that gave you a bunion - no, a bunion, that’s why you’re in your slippers now. Yes, I know you need new slippers’ Turns back to the phone ‘And are they nice shoes?’ I love my relatives but that drives me insane ...

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 52
Can you imagine being on a work call and turning to explain in detail what you’re doing when your partner walks in the room? Either stop, put down the camera and speak to Mark before resuming, or get Mark to edit that out.

I also don’t understand why he comes into the room so often when she’s filming? This is her (both of theirs actually) job. Again, it’s a bit like asking your partner to stay out the room when you’re on a work call. Surely Anna should shout to Mark that she’s filming in X room for however many minutes and can he stay out of that room until she’s done?

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 46
In her 'work day' video, Anna mentions she is responding to comments and looks at them when a video goes live. So, who is actually deleting comments? Maybe, it's Anna herself as per her 'good vibes only' spiel.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 24
View attachment 620240
Old pic of hers on GG, wow, someone needs to give the stylist a raise
This made me laugh. A yellow suit. Where on earth did the stylist think Anna was going to wear that? Sure, it’s good to get out of your comfort zone, but that suit is really something for people who dress boldly. It’s just like in makeover tv shows where the stylists do not take the person or their life into consideration at all.

///

What I don’t understand is, apparently, Mark was already working with Anna for a year before they officially announced it. Why not continue in that role, where the viewer is not aware of Mark doing all sorts of very important admin. They lived in a smaller house and he managed to stay away then too.

Last edited:
Reactions: 25
I also don’t understand why he comes into the room so often when she’s filming? This is her (both of theirs actually) job. Again, it’s a bit like asking your partner to stay out the room when you’re on a work call. Surely Anna should shout to Mark that she’s filming in X room for however many minutes and can he stay out of that room until she’s done?
This is for the ever-growing group of Mark fangirls who drool all him in the comments section of Anna's YT and see the smug Newtons as #relationshipgoals

Also, he perhaps wants to have his own YT channel one day, where he will focus on gardening, bird watching and baking.

He walks into various rooms so often when Anna is filming there has to be a reason for it. I mean, I know they are obsessed with each other, but can't he leave her alone for five minutes? Oh no, sorry, forgot, he has to come into the room and blow his nose. *GIGGLE*

In her 'work day' video, Anna mentions she is responding to comments and looks at them when a video goes live. So, who is actually deleting comments? Maybe, it's Anna herself as per her 'good vibes only' spiel.
I've always thought Anna has a mean streak - she the 'fake nice' type who will witch about you like nobody else behind your back. To me, the way she's been deleting comments recently (if it is her, as she says, and not Mark) further confirms a mean streak as a while back she deleted a few (helpful) comments that were suggesting it might be best to not have her desk directly facing a window. She went, delete, delete, delete on those comments. She was not here for it. She has become so self-satisfied she will not tolerate anything that is not 100% in agreement with what she says.

I also think the fact Anna says she is 'so sensitive' is yet another lie to keep her followers (and their comments) in check. I imagine she deletes comments while rolling her eyes at the things her followers say, and is like 'yeah, whatever, delete.'

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 32
Her mouth looks wonky here again - like it's veering off to one side. I know it's always been a bit like this but seems more pronounced lately.

As for the grout issue - this could have been fixed (at least temporarily) with the help of a white grout pen - but I guess that's just too much work for these two at this point. It would have made the ad look a whole lot better!
She looks like she has Bell’s palsy.

Reactions: 3
View attachment 620240
Old pic of hers on GG, wow, someone needs to give the stylist a raise
And with her fashion sense, her grammar went. Can't believe she used to spell "would have" the right way and not "would of" as she does now...

I just thought of an explanation why her content started tanking when Mark came along. Before then, it was only Anna doing the work and reading comments. I never thought she had a "duck negative comments, they're all just haters"-attitude and listened to feedback, but you can see that changing in her content when she started working with Mark. Which makes me wonder whether he started telling Anna exactly that: all comments not praising you are negative and come from haters, thus are to be ignored and deleted. I have a feeling Mark doesn't take her followers and viewers seriously and only sees them as cash cows who don't get to have an opinion, which reflects in the crappy content and deletion of comments.

In short, Mark took over moderating comments, dismisses feedback and criticism as hate and deletes them. Either doesn't tell Anna about it or tells her to ignore the feedback. Anna is a door mat who wants to please her husband so doesn't go against him, we know she thinks he's the messiah and always right. Output tanks in content and quality. Am I close?

(also her newest video: "I'm in my comfies today." Girl you to spend like 250 pounds on an outfit to look like you've been living in your pajamas for the past year.)

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 32
I’m just watching the new video and the audio quality is so, so poor - what are they (Mark ...) doing? There’s no point mic-ing yourself up like you’re on the local tv news if a) you don’t position it correctly and b) you just sound like you’re in a cupboard anyway.

• Haha
The cooking video today was so bad camera- wise. The entire video is filmed in a total shot so far away from the cooking you can‘t follow anything she says and does. It looks like a cooking show from the 50s.

• Haha
Reactions: 18
The cooking video today was so bad camera- wise. The entire video is filmed in a total shot so far away from the cooking you can‘t follow anything she says and does. It looks like a cooking show from the 50s.
Agree! And the vase / pot thing at the left of the frame was so distracting and unnecessary - I kept thinking it was going to serve some purpose but it just never did. Why not put it to the side for filming?

• Wow
Reactions: 9
I find it so lame that she is always lugging her plant around whenever she film. Like babe, that is so lame, get more plant maybe?

Anyway today she has that gigantic candle on the table, sorry my bad, it is not a candle unless it is diptique! Babe, you are such a cheau, are we still in 2010?

She is so try hard to be Alison Roman.

Agree! And the vase / pot thing at the left of the frame was so distracting and unnecessary - I kept thinking it was going to serve some purpose but it just never did. Why not put it to the side for filming?
💯 Why is Mark standing behind the tripod for two hours. Bring the camera around, zoom it and show us the food. It now looks like a spy cam
F14BD3D0-DB65-4F2D-8A27-05E9621B6F79.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 16
That massive diptyque candle and water bottle in the frame is so unneccessary but looks like they were both intentionally plonked there for effect. Also, I am genuinely surprised she didn't AF link all the food items to the Waitrose & Partners website. But that would be way too much work for them seeing as she couldn't even link the salt and pepper shakers that she even said she would link.

Edited to add: Mark is really tit at his job, the audio changing half way through even though Anna is still wearing mic - amateurs!

Agree with all the comments about how poor the quality has became. That cooking video.... why not move the big water bottle and plant pot (?) out of shot? Zoom in? Don't talk when you have food in your mouth? The sound quality was awful too. I haven't watched her videos properly in quite some time, and seriously, there are so many new smaller channels that are producing well filmed and creatively edited videos, alongside growing trends such as more "asmr"/ filming to not show the face (a lot of Japanese and Korean vloggers film this way, and I've seen it replicated on big channels elsewhere).... nevermind all the instagram video content and tiktok.

A lot of her fellow English vloggers are also being more creative with montages, whereas Anna stands far away from the camera or far too close, giggling and speaking in catchphrases, husband pottering about in the background, distracting her.

Reactions: 20
I thought I’d give her video today a view just to see the quality. Honestly, even jumping around for 1 minute I was bored. That candle and water bottle are so stupidly placed, she was lying through her teeth about the comments. They were so generic that when she (probably) filmed this in March those comments could be true today. And what a stupid stupid shirt to wear to cook in with those sleeves always getting on tit.
I didn’t even get to asses the filming quality because I checked out so fast.
And what truly truly abysmal views. Mark needs to be edited from her life. His narcissism is ruining her career, and what an eventually toxic relationship to raise Sir Isaac Fig Mark Newton Jr in. Poor kid doesn’t have a fighting chance.

• Sad
Reactions: 17
Mother of duck maybe it's because I work in media design and my standards are too high but MY GOD is this video lazy and badly filmed. That's the kind of setup if you're cooking with some friends over facetime and you have to balance your phone on a stack of tins and loo roll but not when making videos for a living.
The left of the shot is way too bright, the camera is crooked, she's managed to focus on her bleeping OVEN, everything else is out of focus. The goddamn candle and water bottle are only there to show she's got money and I'M PREGNANT SO I NEED TO DRINK FIFTEEN GALLONS A DAY OKAY??! Who the duck needs color-grading anyway? I'm constantly distracted by the phone on the wall, you can't even bleeping see what's she's doing or what's in her bowl. Use a glass bowl? How bleeping HARD would it be for Mark to take a camera or phone and film some b-roll or just put it on a tripod to get a different angle. And the audio is tit too. 😄😄

The unbelievable thing is she used to do all these things a while ago, film b-roll, put closeups or time lapses in, nice music, make sure the audio was okay. I hate the fact she'll still make money from this pile of garbage....
Two people and that's the best they can do. Get in the bleeping sea.
1623936828350.png

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 57
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.