The advice thread for random problems

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hi! (TMI warning in advance)

I haven’t actually posted before but just looking for some advice …..

I’m not currently trying to conceive but we are planning on trying again in the near future (not currently not on any birth control just tracking my period and avoiding the ovulating week according to an app I have)

I felt a little sick a couple days ago and last night I took my period, 4 days early, I woke this morning and it was really heavy and has continued to be all day, way more than it ever has been in my life before, I have had some cramps but nothing unbearable, but there is a lot of blood (TMI) with what looks like some clots (but then again I don’t inspect other periods so this might be nothing?)

I don’t want to seem over dramatic and say I think im having a miscarriage as I haven’t experienced that before and didn’t miss a period to take a test - can anyone offer any advice does this seem like a random extremely heavy period that’s come on early or something else? Also if you were worried it was a miscarriage would you just see it through at home or seek medical advice, I’m really naive about this as you can probably tell and don’t really want to worry anyone over nothing!
They can do a test to see if you have the pregnancy hormone in your wee (for the life of me I cannot remember what this hormone is called). If you have miscarried the hormone will remain in your system for a few days so they can see. Sorry this has happened to you, but get yourself seen in person to have the test done for your peace of mind ☹

Hi! (TMI warning in advance)

I haven’t actually posted before but just looking for some advice …..

I’m not currently trying to conceive but we are planning on trying again in the near future (not currently not on any birth control just tracking my period and avoiding the ovulating week according to an app I have)

I felt a little sick a couple days ago and last night I took my period, 4 days early, I woke this morning and it was really heavy and has continued to be all day, way more than it ever has been in my life before, I have had some cramps but nothing unbearable, but there is a lot of blood (TMI) with what looks like some clots (but then again I don’t inspect other periods so this might be nothing?)

I don’t want to seem over dramatic and say I think im having a miscarriage as I haven’t experienced that before and didn’t miss a period to take a test - can anyone offer any advice does this seem like a random extremely heavy period that’s come on early or something else? Also if you were worried it was a miscarriage would you just see it through at home or seek medical advice, I’m really naive about this as you can probably tell and don’t really want to worry anyone over nothing!
I'd seek some medical advice, it's always better to be safe than sorry

I've never tried for kids myself but I do randomly get heavy periods with a few big clots, usually if it's late or early is when I get the worst ones an the pains would be the worst with those ones as well

But like others have said, it's best to get it checked out, no one will ever view it as you being paranoid, it's perfectly normal to see someone an they will be used to it as well

They can do a test to see if you have the pregnancy hormone in your wee (for the life of me I cannot remember what this hormone is called). If you have miscarried the hormone will remain in your system for a few days so they can see. Sorry this has happened to you, but get yourself seen in person to have the test done for your peace of mind ☹
Sorry but pretty much, no one will see you that early on. It depends on the kind of miscarriage how and when your hormone is affected so they (at least in my trust) won’t do the test themselves anymore but just ask you to do a home pregnancy test. They basically won’t see you at EPU at 4-5 weeks, if you think you are miscarrying they ask you to take a test and if positive test again after two weeks, if still positive they will see you (assuming there have been no excessive bleeding or pain on the meantime).
This was as of 2 months ago.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Sorry but pretty much, no one will see you that early on. It depends on the kind of miscarriage how and when your hormone is affected so they (at least in my trust) won’t do the test themselves anymore but just ask you to do a home pregnancy test. They basically won’t see you at EPU at 4-5 weeks, if you think you are miscarrying they ask you to take a test and if positive test again after two weeks, if still positive they will see you (assuming there have been no excessive bleeding or pain on the meantime).
This was as of 2 months ago.
Sorry you went through that. That was my own experience back in 2014 so sounds like it's no longer done. Awful situation.

• Heart
Hi all

I have to go into hospital tomorrow for a DEXA scan.

Is anyone familiar with it or has any experience and advice?
I've had a couple. Feelings wise they are no different to normal xrays. You have to put your hips in a slightly weird position but it's not too bad. It's not invasive.

I’ve had to cancel my DEXA. i wish that was still all I had to worry about.

My mum who I was talking to this morning is now in intensive care and we have been asked to come home. How does someone go from having breakfast in the morning to fighting for her life?! I haven’t really connected it with being my mum. Right now it’s at all happening to someone else somewhere else.

this isn’t the thread for this. Sorry Everyone! I’m just counting hours to the train home in morning and not sure what to be doing

• Heart
Reactions: 18

My mum who I was talking to this morning is now in intensive care and we have been asked to come home. How does someone go from having breakfast in the morning to fighting for her life?! I haven’t really connected it with being my mum. Right now it’s at all happening to someone else somewhere else.

this isn’t the thread for this. Sorry Everyone! I’m just counting hours to the train home in morning and not sure what to be doing
I’m so sorry to read this. I’m sure people won’t mind you posting here. They seem to be very lovely. The struggle to make sense will be shock and I know it’s easier said than done but it won’t make sense, these things never do, I’ve been through it twice and neither made sense.

For now, don’t be hard on yourself, be kind, are you on your own? Do you feel able to read or listen to an audiobook to get you through the night to the train? Middle of the night is the worst time for bad thoughts and overthinking. I found reading helped, if I was able and when I’m not I listen to an audiobook. At the moment I’m reading about Amish quilt making - I know nothing about Amish or making quilts but it helps keep dark thoughts under control.

I don’t have any answers or other advice; I hope someone else will pop along too. I only had two hours sleep last night so can’t stay up unfortunately as unwell.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I’m so sorry to read this. I’m sure people won’t mind you posting here. They seem to be very lovely. The struggle to make sense will be shock and I know it’s easier said than done but it won’t make sense, these things never do, I’ve been through it twice and neither made sense.

For now, don’t be hard on yourself, be kind, are you on your own? Do you feel able to read or listen to an audiobook to get you through the night to the train? Middle of the night is the worst time for bad thoughts and overthinking. I found reading helped, if I was able and when I’m not I listen to an audiobook. At the moment I’m reading about Amish quilt making - I know nothing about Amish or making quilts but it helps keep dark thoughts under control.

I don’t have any answers or other advice; I hope someone else will pop along too. I only had two hours sleep last night so can’t stay up unfortunately as unwell.
You sweetheart thank you for your kindness. I think a podcast might be a good idea actually! I can’t focus on words on a page and sleep just isn’t happening. I’m so sorry that you’ve been through this but I so appreciate your understanding and kindness

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I wish we had care emojis on here!

But yes a podcast is a good idea, it’s not really about listening it’s about keeping your brain occupied for now, you might drop off but that’s not really the point either, just get through to the train, if you haven’t maybe list stuff you might need, maybe a podcast for the train too? Don’t fight tears or emotions, honestly it doesn’t help.

It’s true many won’t care but some people will even if they don’t know what to say. Years ago I sat on a bus for almost twelve hours from London to Edinburgh and the lady next to me was clearly upset, eventually after I’d prattled about me and said IF she wanted she could chat about it if not that was ok too. She chatted and ranted about her situation for a short time. Then fell asleep on me from Birmingham. At Edinburgh (midnight) I woke her and got her to her waiting daughter. We still talk now. I later found out she hadn’t slept in days. I won’t be on a train tomorrow, I’m almost housebound BUT I will be thinking of you.

And, remember, you can post here if you want, what you want and when, or even don’t thats ok too.

Don’t forget trolls who live in their parents basements with no lives (which is what I and others on the Ingham thread are accused of by them) really are nothing if the sort, we joke about, but are here because we care.

I hope this helps in some way.

Take care.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I wish we had care emojis on here!

But yes a podcast is a good idea, it’s not really about listening it’s about keeping your brain occupied for now, you might drop off but that’s not really the point either, just get through to the train, if you haven’t maybe list stuff you might need, maybe a podcast for the train too? Don’t fight tears or emotions, honestly it doesn’t help.

It’s true many won’t care but some people will even if they don’t know what to say. Years ago I sat on a bus for almost twelve hours from London to Edinburgh and the lady next to me was clearly upset, eventually after I’d prattled about me and said IF she wanted she could chat about it if not that was ok too. She chatted and ranted about her situation for a short time. Then fell asleep on me from Birmingham. At Edinburgh (midnight) I woke her and got her to her waiting daughter. We still talk now. I later found out she hadn’t slept in days. I won’t be on a train tomorrow, I’m almost housebound BUT I will be thinking of you.

And, remember, you can post here if you want, what you want and when, or even don’t thats ok too.

Don’t forget trolls who live in their parents basements with no lives (which is what I and others on the Ingham thread are accused of by them) really are nothing if the sort, we joke about, but are here because we care.

I hope this helps in some way.

Take care.
A troll? Tonight, you have been nothing short of an angel.

• Heart

How absolutely awful. Thinking of you and hope your mum's condition improves soon 🤍

• Heart
Reactions: 3

Hope everything is ok and I know exactly what you mean. I was told my dad had to go in for emergency heart surgery and the outlook was not to good. It's like it was happening to somebody else. And I only booked a flight (it's 12 hours) for after the surgery. I definitely couldn't reconcile it.
Once you are back "home" it will all be very real

Reactions: 1

This happened with my dad right before Covid lockdown happened. Ended up having emergency surgery. I hope the outcome is a positive one ❤

New thread

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.