The advice thread for random problems

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hi all

I have to go into hospital tomorrow for a DEXA scan.

Is anyone familiar with it or has any experience and advice?

Reactions: 1
I had one years ago, but can’t remember it! However nhsdirect or whatever it’s called these days has a page about it that may help

Hi all

I had a DEXA scan in January to find out my bone density as I am on hormone suppressing drugs following breast cancer.

I expected it to be a full body super duper scan like an MRI but it was just like an x-rayed on my legs only. A nurse did it as I lay on a trolley bed in my undies. It was over in a few minutes and I left. This is NHS in Kent, UK.

Hope that helps.

Hi all

They are totally fine. Wear something comfortable and with no metal, like a pair of leggings with no zips etc, they will then let you wear it during the dexa scan. Handier in this colder weather. They will give you an indication after the scan on how your bone density is looking. And if needed give you some tips/guidance. Please don’t worry about it 👏🏻

Hi all

I have them every year or so due to underlying health issues, you lie on a bed and they pass a scanner over you! If you wear leggings/stuff without metal you don’t even have to get undressed

I'm quite an introverted person, have smallish group of friends and supportive family who I enjoy spending time with. But at work very much quiet person focus on head down, get job done and out of door etc, I don't share much of my personal life with colleagues. Anyway, i get message from colleague i only ever say pleasantries to in work, we don't have much work interaction, asking for weekend plans, then basically inviting himself along. How do I politely say no?

I'm quite an introverted person, have smallish group of friends and supportive family who I enjoy spending time with. But at work very much quiet person focus on head down, get job done and out of door etc, I don't share much of my personal life with colleagues. Anyway, i get message from colleague i only ever say pleasantries to in work, we don't have much work interaction, asking for weekend plans, then basically inviting himself along. How do I politely say no?
can you say you don’t have plans this weekend and you just want a chilled weekend at home?
Or say you’re having a close family gathering so you are not free?

Reactions: 2
can you say you don’t have plans this weekend and you just want a chilled weekend at home?
Or say you’re having a close family gathering so you are not free?
I've said specifically what i'm doing and he has sort of invited himself along! I don't want to be too blunt with my response, the people pleaser part of me wants to say maybe another time but truthfully i'm not a fan of this person.

I've said specifically what i'm doing and he has sort of invited himself along! I don't want to be too blunt with my response, the people pleaser part of me wants to say maybe another time but truthfully i'm not a fan of this person.
can you tell him the plans have been changed and you have to spend time with family?

Reactions: 3
I'd just be honest an let them know that what you planned you wanted to do it alone, if you start to give in then before you know it they are inviting themselves to all sorts, best to nip it in the bud now, tbh it's a bit cheeky I feel to just invite yourself to somthing but some people don't bother

Reactions: 4
hmmm tricky one. What are you doing if you don’t mind me asking?Does it have a specific time?

Going to a local national trust type place
are you going with other people?

can you say that you have changed times? Cancelled? Are meeting for someone’s birthday and you don’t want to bring someone else along in case they’re not happy with that?
you could say one of your friend gets upset when plans change and that’s not fair on her but next time you will ask him?
(i say this cause I am that friend 😂😂)

Hi! (TMI warning in advance)

I haven’t actually posted before but just looking for some advice …..

I’m not currently trying to conceive but we are planning on trying again in the near future (not currently not on any birth control just tracking my period and avoiding the ovulating week according to an app I have)

I felt a little sick a couple days ago and last night I took my period, 4 days early, I woke this morning and it was really heavy and has continued to be all day, way more than it ever has been in my life before, I have had some cramps but nothing unbearable, but there is a lot of blood (TMI) with what looks like some clots (but then again I don’t inspect other periods so this might be nothing?)

I don’t want to seem over dramatic and say I think im having a miscarriage as I haven’t experienced that before and didn’t miss a period to take a test - can anyone offer any advice does this seem like a random extremely heavy period that’s come on early or something else? Also if you were worried it was a miscarriage would you just see it through at home or seek medical advice, I’m really naive about this as you can probably tell and don’t really want to worry anyone over nothing!

• Heart

I’m not currently trying to conceive but we are planning on trying again in the near future (not currently not on any birth control just tracking my period and avoiding the ovulating week according to an app I have)

I felt a little sick a couple days ago and last night I took my period, 4 days early, I woke this morning and it was really heavy and has continued to be all day, way more than it ever has been in my life before, I have had some cramps but nothing unbearable, but there is a lot of blood (TMI) with what looks like some clots (but then again I don’t inspect other periods so this might be nothing?)

I don’t want to seem over dramatic and say I think im having a miscarriage as I haven’t experienced that before and didn’t miss a period to take a test - can anyone offer any advice does this seem like a random extremely heavy period that’s come on early or something else? Also if you were worried it was a miscarriage would you just see it through at home or seek medical advice, I’m really naive about this as you can probably tell and don’t really want to worry anyone over nothing!
If I was you I’d phone 111 for advice.

Reactions: 3

I would just go to the walk in centre at the hospital. Rather be safe than sorry.

It’s very likely it will still show positive on a pregnancy test. I suspect they would ask you to take one. Try to get the early results one so it’s more sensitive (10 iu/l) Then take it from there. From my experience it will be managed at home if an early miscarriage. Only once it goes on for weeks, if you are in extreme pain or soaking more than 2 pads an hour (so it could be more sinister) will they see you.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.