The advice thread for random problems

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I often want to ask for advice on something but don't want to start a new thread, I thought maybe we could have one thread where we can try to help each other.

I have two questions

I am hanging a TV today has anyone done this on their own, is it easier to dismantle the swivel bracket and then put the bracket back together rather than trying to hang and screw in the whole thing?

Also, has anyone got the LED strip lights on their TV and does it make viewing better or worse?

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I am hanging a TV today has anyone done this on their own, is it easier to dismantle the swivel bracket and then put the bracket back together rather than trying to hang and screw in the whole thing?
I dismantled mine recently and it was much easier, just had to hook the TV on and put the last ‘holding’ screws in.

This thread is so needed 😁

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I got a TV man in to hang mine ... I also got him to provide the brackets as I'd read mixed reviews about some not being strong enough. He was really good and worth every penny.

I don't have LED strips on my TV.

Reactions: 1
I often want to ask for advice on something but don't want to start a new thread, I thought maybe we could have one thread where we can try to help each other.

I have two questions

Also, has anyone got the LED strip lights on their TV and does it make viewing better or worse?
Great idea for a thread @Purrrrrrr ...I'd make sure it's a solid wall before you hang it ,my son has leds on his TV wouldn't say it adds to the viewing but they do look good .

On the topic of TV's does anyone have any bother with their TV switching off if they put Netflix / Prime on ? I've had this problem with two different makes of TV so don't know if it's Sky Q to blame .

Reactions: 3
Is it safe to park in London, especially in the evening? Thinking about the Stamford Hill area?

If anyone can provide info I'd be really grateful.

Reactions: 2
I dismantled mine recently and it was much easier, just had to hook the TV on and put the last ‘holding’ screws in.

This thread is so needed 😁
I tried hanging it the "correct" way but it was way too hard so took the bracket apart and did it.

Great idea for a thread @Purrrrrrr ...I'd make sure it's a solid wall before you hang it ,my son has leds on his TV wouldn't say it adds to the viewing but they do look good .

On the topic of TV's does anyone have any bother with their TV switching off if they put Netflix / Prime on ? I've had this problem with two different makes of TV so don't know if it's Sky Q to blame .
My firestick goes back to home all the time hence buying a new TV with all the apps built-in, but never had the TV switch off

They say LEDs stop glare etc. just wondered if it does or just looks pretty. I use LED around my window in the bedroom to grow seeds.

Is it safe to park in London, especially in the evening? Thinking about the Stamford Hill area?

I don't live in London anymore but never once had any problems when I did, moved to Royston ( A tiny town ) and that same week some kids destroyed my car,

Last edited:

Generally yes. My father has never had a problem and he's had a mix of cars from a BMW to a Micra . Stamford hill also has a large number of Hasidic jews, so that area would also have their own community watch group walking around.

Reactions: 6

As safe as anywhere else. Just don’t leave anything on show in the car.

Reactions: 5
Has anyone had any experience with yun express? (Chinese shipping company) they sent me tracking for an item and it hasn't moved in 19 days. It should of arrived by now. I don't even know if I can go through the bank for a refund or when to start that process because neither company will respond to my emails (the one I ordered from or them) and obviously with it apparently being dispatched...

Mines does it with YouTube, an only YouTube but I don't know why, thinking it might be a problem with the app on the TV itself rather than the TV since everything else works fine so maybe it's the sky Q if your TV is fine with everything else

Also anyone know how easy to navigate London is, I'll be going first time in April, folks have been before but used underground an it's just not gonna happen with me at all, am happy to walk but I don't know how much I'll need to prepare for an they don't have a clue as they only ever used subways

Has anyone had any experience with yun express? (Chinese shipping company) they sent me tracking for an item and it hasn't moved in 19 days. It should of arrived by now. I don't even know if I can go through the bank for a refund or when to start that process because neither company will respond to my emails (the one I ordered from or them) and obviously with it apparently being dispatched...
Did you order direct from them or through the likes of eBay ? If it's a credit card you would have no problem getting refunded ,debit cards are much harder though .

Mines does it with YouTube, an only YouTube but I don't know why, thinking it might be a problem with the app on the TV itself rather than the TV since everything else works fine so maybe it's the sky Q if your TV is fine with everything else

Also anyone know how easy to navigate London is, I'll be going first time in April, folks have been before but used underground an it's just not gonna happen with me at all, am happy to walk but I don't know how much I'll need to prepare for an they don't have a clue as they only ever used subways
We've removed them and installed them again .I thought Sky was being crappy because I don't sub to Netflix through them there's no problem with YT and it's only when watching through Q the ordinary TV is fine .

Did you order direct from them or through the likes of eBay ? If it's a credit card you would have no problem getting refunded ,debit cards are much harder though .
I ordered through a company called love my soulmate, yun express just ship it from china and then it goes to royal mail when it hits the uk. I emailed both companies (first email was a week ago to love my soulmate) but haven't had a response beyond an automated email. Tracking has said 'shipment information received' for the last 19 days, delivery estimate was two weeks. I paid with my debit card annoyingly but then I think the bank are usually pretty good. My issue is the fact they're saying its been dispatched and wether or not that'll affect me getting my money back and then how long do I wait before going down that route? Because obviously I don't want to do that and then have it turn up.

I ordered through a company called love my soulmate, yun express just ship it from china and then it goes to royal mail when it hits the uk. I emailed both companies (first email was a week ago to love my soulmate) but haven't had a response beyond an automated email. Tracking has said 'shipment information received' for the last 19 days, delivery estimate was two weeks. I paid with my debit card annoyingly but then I think the bank are usually pretty good. My issue is the fact they're saying its been dispatched and wether or not that'll affect me getting my money back and then how long do I wait before going down that route? Because obviously I don't want to do that and then have it turn up.
It shouldn’t take that long tbh I always order from eBay if it’s stuff from China that way you’re guaranteed your money back and it’s usually Speedpak so takes 3 day’s to arrive, appreciate what you ordered might not be available through eBay but it’s the safest for foreign goods. I’d ring your bank on Monday and see if you can get your card refunded if the goods arrive you can always contact the company and arrange another payment to them.

It shouldn’t take that long tbh I always order from eBay if it’s stuff from China that way you’re guaranteed your money back and it’s usually Speedpak so takes 3 day’s to arrive, appreciate what you ordered might not be available through eBay but it’s the safest for foreign goods. I’d ring your bank on Monday and see if you can get your card refunded if the goods arrive you can always contact the company and arrange another payment to them.
Filed a case through the banking app after reading that. Thank you! Will definitely stick with the likes of eBay and amazon etc from now on.

Filed a case through the banking app after reading that. Thank you! Will definitely stick with the likes of eBay and amazon etc from now on.
Hopefully you'll get your money back 🤞 I've never had any problems with eBay's moneyback guarantee .I wouldn't order from foreign companies direct at least if they don't anwer your emails you just let eBay deal with them 😂

Has anyone had soundwave therapy ( I think that is what it's called? I have a problem with one of my feet and it's creating all sorts of other problems due to not getting it sorted (it wasn't covid so it wasn't important) My Achilles heel is inflamed and calcifying and apparently nothing can be done via NHS due to it being left so long

I just wondered has anyone had this alt treatment done and did it help with your problem?

Will you be in central London? That's quite easy to navigate with signs everywhere pointing out tube stations and the attractions. If you have google maps on your phone, you can also use that.

I have two questions

It definitely makes it better and really improves the overall mood.

Will you be in central London? That's quite easy to navigate with signs everywhere pointing out tube stations and the attractions. If you have google maps on your phone, you can also use that.
We were going be trying to stay as close to London Euston train station as we could, we can get a train from our town to there non stop an also I need to go to that station to get out to Watford for the shuttle bus for the Warner bros studios

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.