The advice thread for random problems #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Poor pooch isn't eating her dinner and has been bad at eating for a few days now. We travelled a lot in the car the last 3 days which makes her ill sometimes, and she had a course of antibiotics just before which made her nauseous as well.

I'm pretty sure she's thinking that food == feeling ill which is a bad bad thing. I feel so sorry for her and I will take her to the vet if she isn't eating by Tuesday - but how do I manage my anxiety over her being unwell? I'm sure it isn't helping 🙁

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Poor pooch isn't eating her dinner and has been bad at eating for a few days now. We travelled a lot in the car the last 3 days which makes her ill sometimes, and she had a course of antibiotics just before which made her nauseous as well.

I'm pretty sure she's thinking that food == feeling ill which is a bad bad thing. I feel so sorry for her and I will take her to the vet if she isn't eating by Tuesday - but how do I manage my anxiety over her being unwell? I'm sure it isn't helping 🙁
My old boy would get like this as well, they used to tell us they won't go past 3 days without eating, but if we wanted to help him then some boiled rice an cooked chicken would be best, even though he wouldn't touch his food he would scoff down rice an chicken

I hope she feels better soon ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Random one but can anyone recommend some good quality but not stupidly expensive slippers? I’ve had mine since October and the sole is wearing away already. I wear them a lot so don’t mind spending money on them if they’ll last longer than 4 months 🙃

Random one but can anyone recommend some good quality but not stupidly expensive slippers? I’ve had mine since October and the sole is wearing away already. I wear them a lot so don’t mind spending money on them if they’ll last longer than 4 months 🙃
I have these and I absolutely love them https://www.next.co.uk/style/st191163/229777 - had them a couple of years now. I also bought my dad the Just sheepskin ones and he adores them.

Agree with snippy. Offer plain chicken and rice and see if they’ll take that

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Agree with snippy. Offer plain chicken and rice and see if they’ll take that
My old boy would get like this as well, they used to tell us they won't go past 3 days without eating, but if we wanted to help him then some boiled rice an cooked chicken would be best, even though he wouldn't touch his food he would scoff down rice an chicken

I hope she feels better soon ❤
I just added a dollop of yoghurt to her kibble and she ate the lot 😅 is my dog ... spoiled? 🙈

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I just added a dollop of yoghurt to her kibble and she ate the lot 😅 is my dog ... spoiled? 🙈
Lol sometimes I think if they see people food they just eat it regardless if they like it or not, mines used to get the spare sausages if I done them for dinner, or some plain ice cream 😅

Is it dry kibble she gets? Sometimes mines would refuse to eat because it was always dry kibble, the pet shop does dog gravy I sometimes put in his dinner an he would eat no probs

Glad she ate though

• Heart
I'm the same and I've bought these of amazon, they are really hard wearing
Amazon product

Also bought these in the sales when they were something like £20 and they were super comfy and lasted almost a year!

• Heart
Just a quick question. I booked and paid for a treatment for my sister on Thursday at 2pm- ish They have a strict 48hour cancellation policy. They are normally closed on mondays + saturdays. She tried to call them today to cancel as she got offered a work shift which she accepted, but they are unexpectedly closed. I told her to email them today. What are the chances they will give a refund?

She is upset about it but I told her it didn't really matter in the grand scheme of things. Their usual deposit is 50% but I asked if I could pay in full as it's our usual place and I didn't want her to worry about paying. :LOL:

Just a quick question. I booked and paid for a treatment for my sister on Thursday at 2pm- ish They have a strict 48hour cancellation policy. They are normally closed on mondays + saturdays. She tried to call them today to cancel as she got offered a work shift which she accepted, but they are unexpectedly closed. I told her to email them today. What are the chances they will give a refund?

She is upset about it but I told her it didn't really matter in the grand scheme of things. Their usual deposit is 50% but I asked if I could pay in full as it's our usual place and I didn't want her to worry about paying. :LOL:
Sounds like she gave them 48h notice!

If they're closed so you're unable to cancel, it's not your problem, I'd argue that. Message their face book page or email an you've done your part. My dentist requires 24 hours but leaving an answerphone message counts.

I would email! This has happened to me before and they honoured it because I did email 2 days before which was a Saturday

Thanks guys!

Fingers crossed they do accept it. She is the type of person who really can hold a grudge and said she would not go back again if they didn't. :ROFLMAO:

Lesson for her to also use her planner.

This is really random but I need anonymous help! Today I was trying to get my son’s attention at his grandparents and I snapped my fingers at him. My mother went BAT CRAP CRAZY. Told me never to do that in her house again. Look I’m autistic and have ADHD but surely I haven’t missed some massive social thing here? I never snap my fingers at a waiter or similar- I know that’s rude. But I was just making a noise for attention, because he wasn’t listening to his name being called. I can’t stop thinking about it and trying to work out what I did wrong. I work with kids and do this to get their attention also if repeating their name is ineffective so I’m really nervous now I’ve been making a huge social mistake.

• Heart
This is really random but I need anonymous help! Today I was trying to get my son’s attention at his grandparents and I snapped my fingers at him. My mother went BAT CRAP CRAZY. Told me never to do that in her house again. Look I’m autistic and have ADHD but surely I haven’t missed some massive social thing here? I never snap my fingers at a waiter or similar- I know that’s rude. But I was just making a noise for attention, because he wasn’t listening to his name being called. I can’t stop thinking about it and trying to work out what I did wrong. I work with kids and do this to get their attention also if repeating their name is ineffective so I’m really nervous now I’ve been making a huge social mistake.
I don't think you've been making a social mistake. You've explained you only do in certain circumstances and wouldn't do it in a rude way. I do the same to my kids sometimes when they are absorbed in something and calling their name doesn't work.

• Heart
I don't think you've been making a social mistake. You've explained you only do in certain circumstances and wouldn't do it in a rude way. I do the same to my kids sometimes when they are absorbed in something and calling their name doesn't work.
Thank you. I wasn’t intending to be rude, but my mother’s reaction definitely suggested it was ruder than I thought it was. I will have to think of something else to do in future.

Over reaction totally! No need for it. You are not in the wrong - people shouldn’t tell you how to parent your child, even if it is your mother it’s not appropriate imo

Reactions: 5
Totally normal in my opinion to snap fingers at kids to get their attention, I've had my parents do it, teachers, babysitters etc an never seen anything wrong with it, sometimes kids need that sound so they will turn an look, I would understand it being rude if it was done at an adult but never a kid, kids turn an look at noise and snapping fingers is fine or even clapping hands which I'll do because I can't snap 😅

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.