The advice thread for random problems #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My pee is fluorescent. No lies. Fluorescent yellow 😂 😂 I'm not dehydrated and it's not dehydrated pee, it's bright af yellow

I have been taking L-theanine and a new multivitamin since friday. This is probably what it is isn't it?
Berrocca has that effect so quite possibly

• Heart
Reactions: 2
tbf, I have been so miserable and anxious so struggling to eat, even if it's placebo doing something I'll take it.

Thank you for the tip. I take it with my evening meal usually as I can't take tablets on an empty stomach
Oh a placebo effect is still an effect! The mind is a powerful place. I hope you find some relief x

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Sorry if this is the wrong place for this. I seem to have come down with the sickness bug. I had a headache yesterday I felt bit iffy but just put it down to a busy day and not eating much. I woke up at 1 am and threw up and I have done another four times since. Mostly bile.

I’ve got a headache, very slight fever and I’m exhausted. I can’t get a doctor’s appointment for love nor money, and to be honest I don’t have the energy to get up should I be worried or do I just need to ride it out?

Sorry if this is the wrong place for this. I seem to have come down with the sickness bug. I had a headache yesterday I felt bit iffy but just put it down to a busy day and not eating much. I woke up at 1 am and threw up and I have done another four times since. Mostly bile.

I’ve got a headache, very slight fever and I’m exhausted. I can’t get a doctor’s appointment for love nor money, and to be honest I don’t have the energy to get up should I be worried or do I just need to ride it out?
Ride it out, just don't eat anything - just drink boiled water. You will survive.

Reactions: 5

It could be a mix of both, not eating great an a sickness bug, I'd give it another day an see how you are, but I wouldn't not eat anything, it's the worst thing you can do, if you are going be sick you will still be sick if you have eaten or not an trust me being sick on a empty stomach is absolutely horrendous, it's far better to throw something up than nothing, I'd eat but make sure it's plain things, nothing too heavy, an make sure to keep your fluids up, it's essential to keep drinking

Ride it out, just don't eat anything - just drink boiled water. You will survive.
My whole family are getting this in staggered succession. I'm just waiting for my turn 😅 Already had to leave work for feeling sick and shaky. I have a headache as well.
But yeah seems to be a 24 hour tthing-its grim but I'm sure we'll be fine!

Reactions: 4

I had it, ride it out, it’ll pass I promise ❤

• Heart
So glad I've found this thread! I have a work problem

So I've seen a job advertised and you can ring for an informal chat, which I will need to do as not everything I need to know is listed in the advert.

The problem is, I know the person who I would be phoning through the job I do now.
So do I ring and tell them who I am to increase my chances, but risk word getting out, or ring anonymously and hope they don't ask for a name....?

So I've seen a job advertised and you can ring for an informal chat, which I will need to do as not everything I need to know is listed in the advert.

The problem is, I know the person who I would be phoning through the job I do now.
So do I ring and tell them who I am to increase my chances, but risk word getting out, or ring anonymously and hope they don't ask for a name....?
If they know you would have known who they are I would introduce yourself. It’s best to be honest from the offset.

Honesty from the start. If they recognise you/your voice then that’s fine 👍🏻

I've only spoken to them over the phone 2 or 3 times, and in their role they'll speak to loads of people, so my voice might not be recognised

I've only spoken to them over the phone 2 or 3 times, and in their role they'll speak to loads of people, so my voice might not be recognised
Like others have said be honest from the outset or get somebody else to ring and ask the questions you'd like to know

If they know you would have known who they are I would introduce yourself. It’s best to be honest from the offset.
It’s that’s the case I don’t think it’s an issue at all. Just ring and say what you want to say

Can a job sack you on the spot for any reason or do they have to give notice?

I ask because I've just seen my job advertised on an ad. It says rolling deadline so I could be that they just haven't taken it down. As far as I am concerned, they like me at my job and recently offered me a permenant position but I have had some issues outside of work (illness etc.) that have impacted my time there (nothing that can be helped and they have been really lovely about it) but now I'm worried they're just keeping me (my job is niche) until they can find someone better

I ask because I've just seen my job advertised on an ad. It says rolling deadline so I could be that they just haven't taken it down. As far as I am concerned, they like me at my job and recently offered me a permenant position but I have had some issues outside of work (illness etc.) that have impacted my time there (nothing that can be helped and they have been really lovely about it) but now I'm worried they're just keeping me (my job is niche) until they can find someone better
Depends, is there anything aside from sick leave you have done wrong? I assume you are UK, if so then company's need to have three steps before firing, a disciplinary, a written letter of a disciplinary, then a meeting which can result in your last warning or a sacking, failure to do these can result in you taking them for unfair dismissal an can go to the courts

The only way you could be straight up sacked is if you have done something massively wrong, i.e shown up drunk, been on drugs, stole, got into bother with the police that will go to court etc

If you are in a temporary contract then they can just not offer you another one, but if you have signed a permanent one then they can't just let you go without warning as you will have past the trial stage since that's usually the first few weeks you start

Could it be they maybe want someone to work alongside you? Do you have a backlog that maybe they are wanting a second hire to help clear it?

Depends, is there anything aside from sick leave you have done wrong? I assume you are UK, if so then company's need to have three steps before firing, a disciplinary, a written letter of a disciplinary, then a meeting which can result in your last warning or a sacking, failure to do these can result in you taking them for unfair dismissal an can go to the courts

The only way you could be straight up sacked is if you have done something massively wrong, i.e shown up drunk, been on drugs, stole, got into bother with the police that will go to court etc

If you are in a temporary contract then they can just not offer you another one, but if you have signed a permanent one then they can't just let you go without warning as you will have past the trial stage since that's usually the first few weeks you start

Could it be they maybe want someone to work alongside you? Do you have a backlog that maybe they are wanting a second hire to help clear it?
I thought you had no rights for the first 24 months of employment and could be sacked at any time?
Link : https://www.johnfowlers.co.uk/latest-news/what-employment-rights-does-an-employee-have-under-2-years

It will depend on the terms you are employed, you say you’re not permanent so what is The arrangement currently? I suspect it’s not a case if being sacked but if they were looking for someone permanently you current contract may not be renewed.

It will depend on the terms you are employed, you say you’re not permanent so what is The arrangement currently? I suspect it’s not a case if being sacked but if they were looking for someone permanently you current contract may not be renewed.
Quoted both of you so not to repeat the same thing!
I've not done anything wrong besides the illness. Yes in the UK! I signed a permanent contract the other week.

I looked at the company website and my job is not listed on there so I assume it's that they advertised on lots of job boards and just haven't taken them down.

I thought you had no rights for the first 24 months of employment and could be sacked at any time?
Link : https://www.johnfowlers.co.uk/latest-news/what-employment-rights-does-an-employee-have-under-2-years
It's honestly tricky because once your past the trial stage of your job then you have rights to know why you have been let go an if they can't find one then you can fight it out

It's also the same as you can't have a temporary contract past I think 3 years, after 3 you can ask for a permanent one an they have to offer it

But to be honest now, people can fight over the stupidest of reasons an get awarded, some woman got a few thousand because she wasn't invited to a xmas night out an she took them for bullying, am sure the work place was reeeeeeal great after that 😅

Quoted both of you so not to repeat the same thing!
I've not done anything wrong besides the illness. Yes in the UK! I signed a permanent contract the other week.

I looked at the company website and my job is not listed on there so I assume it's that they advertised on lots of job boards and just haven't taken them down.
Hopefully that's the case, you done nothing wrong with being off sick, everyone's entitled to sick pay, hopefully they just forgot about that one website an that's why it's up, I think some sites can offer a expire date for jobs an they maybe thought that one does when it doesn't

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.