The advice thread for random problems #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
They’re so hard to get rid of because some retailers don’t accept them online and you can’t use them partially online - your card balance needs to cover the full purchase. Then some stores don’t accept them either.

The 18 months rule started in November 2022. The monthly fees they applied were prior to this new rule.

I had about 20 quid left on two cards after using them this exact time last year. When I checked yesterday, both cards had the balances reduced to zero due to these management fees.

• Wow
Reactions: 2
They’re so hard to get rid of because some retailers don’t accept them online and you can’t use them partially online - your card balance needs to cover the full purchase. Then some stores don’t accept them either.

The 18 months rule started in November 2022. The monthly fees they applied were prior to this new rule.
I never knew this, I’ve been buying them for my niece and nephew!

Reactions: 3
Does anyone have experience with One4Alls?

I had two of them which I used partially during the first year. Then, they started charging me card management fees on the remaining balance on a monthly basis even though the cards were not inactive and had just been used.

The expiry date on the cards read 2024, but to my surprise the remaining balances were all absorbed by these ridiculous fees. I don’t understand why have an expiry date 5 years away if the remaining balance is subjected to monthly fees after a year even if the card has just been used.
Yes they are awful! I didn't realise there was a management fee and my mum bought me one for Christmas a few years back I think I ended up losing like £8 from it by the time I spent it! Absolute joke wouldn't recommend them at all I don't know how they get away with it

• Wow
Anyone got destructive pets? What do you find the best toys are for them

This will seem stupid but I have a very destructive rabbit, he free roams during the day so around 8/9am to about 10/11pm an is supervised so I can keep a eye on him an he's ok

However I recently got rid of his cage which I used for nights when am sleeping an when am out, an changed it to panels to make a sort of pen so he could free roam the bedroom without supervision an not get into things

He now however seems hell bent on destroying absolutely everything, his bed that I've had since I got him got all the stuffing ripped out it an today the litter tray got thrown about, he has his box stuffed daily with hay an some chew things like those wooden balls, but am wondering if there's anything else I can get him that he will focus his chewing on that will last as his toys don't last long

This will seem stupid but I have a very destructive rabbit, he free roams during the day so around 8/9am to about 10/11pm an is supervised so I can keep a eye on him an he's ok

However I recently got rid of his cage which I used for nights when am sleeping an when am out, an changed it to panels to make a sort of pen so he could free roam the bedroom without supervision an not get into things

He now however seems hell bent on destroying absolutely everything, his bed that I've had since I got him got all the stuffing ripped out it an today the litter tray got thrown about, he has his box stuffed daily with hay an some chew things like those wooden balls, but am wondering if there's anything else I can get him that he will focus his chewing on that will last as his toys don't last long
Our rabbit did this when he was lonely, could you get him a buddy?

It's years since I had a house bunny, but mine used to love the massive cardboard tubes you could get. They were specific pet ones, so he could eat and chew it without getting poorly. I think we used to get balls made from willow which were safe for him to munch on too.

Reactions: 1
Our rabbit did this when he was lonely, could you get him a buddy?
I did think, but money wise I just can't, between pet insurance an vaccinations etc, I've always had just one bunny an they have been fine but this one's just mental 😅

It's years since I had a house bunny, but mine used to love the massive cardboard tubes you could get. They were specific pet ones, so he could eat and chew it without getting poorly. I think we used to get balls made from willow which were safe for him to munch on too.
Thanks I'll see if I can find some, he has thenlittke wooden willow balls but he's going through then too quickly

Are his teeth ok? Bunnies are meant to chew a lot but a change could indicate something is wrong

I reckon he needs a companion.

Are his teeth ok? Bunnies are meant to chew a lot but a change could indicate something is wrong
His teeth are fine, his 6 month check up was just 2 weeks ago an he got the all clear, he always has plenty to chew on including a daily hay refill, he just seems to want to be destructive when he's in his pen, it's not small either so it can't be because of that, he's plenty room to run an jump inside it

Was hoping I could find something that will keep his attention an destructive on while I sleep or have to go to the shops etc

Two pages back - no one is asking anyone to smother their crying child.

Living next to young kids is annoying. More so when they're not yours.

The people next door have two kids+ I can also hear them through the walls. Up at random hours usually 10pm and early on saturdays.

I bought ear plus.

Random but don’t know where to ask. What colour planner should I get? It is between the lavender or taupe. I am so torn, I like the clean girl aesthetic but worried taupe will show dirt too quick. I also like girly style so was thinking of lavender. I have no clue. Thanks in advance.

Random but don’t know where to ask. What colour planner should I get? It is between the lavender or taupe. I am so torn, I like the clean girl aesthetic but worried taupe will show dirt too quick. I also like girly style so was thinking of lavender. I have no clue. Thanks in advance.
the lavender would be my preference - it’s a lovely soft shade and i always go for a pastel 🤣

Ooh a difficult one. Taupe is the sensible classic choice but the lavender is so cute and would make me happy every time I used it!

I prefer the Taupe on its own but I'd go with lavender if I had a silver laptop or black handbag.

Taupe gets my vote. The lilac is lighter and more likely to show marks as well I reckon.
---

I prefer the Taupe on its own but I'd go with lavender if I had a silver laptop or black handbag.
Oooh details I hadn't thought of! Colour matching is important!

Any tips for coldarses swimmers who find the pool too cold?
Swim faster? 😅

Only half joking... if its a sports pool (which are kept at a lower temp - swimming in a warm pool when you're sweating is grim), you might really benefit from increasing your swimming speed or learning a new, more intense stroke. Breaststroke and head above water is relaxing but not very energetically intense as you don't involve your back that much. You could buy some goggles and do the olympic style breaststroke instead. I don't know which level of swimming you're at, maybe getting a coach for a session or two would also be worth it.

Otherwise, do some warmup exercises to get you sweating, then you'll be glad of the pool to cool you down. Planks are a good one, pushups, jumping jacks, ... Could you walk there instead of driving? Or take the bicycle?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.