The advice thread for random problems #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I know that most don't ask but unfortunately if it's a young girl with a guy an they feel they all look young (even if they think they are 19/20), they may ask for it since warning bells might go off that there's a young girl with a guy an it's a hotel, I don't know if Premier Inn does it but some hotels round my bit go by the under 25 rule so anyone who looks under 25 need to provide ID an doesn't matter how you are dressed or how your behaviour is, I myself still get ID because of that rule an am definitely over that

If they have a back up plan if they are turned away then I'd say take the risk but only if they can get back home or somthing, if they are going end up being stranded then maybe best not to risk it, most girls are now being ID because so many look older than they are these days

Reactions: 3
It does seem rather ridiculous, apparently neither of the parents wants to go, and apparently it was the 17 year olds idea and they were both planning it together. Also they're going north, when the parents are in the south.
I'd just tell them to take the risk, the girl is going with a boy who's obviously very tall, and wouldn't really look 17 I don't think. I've looked online and a lot of people have said that they've never been asked for ID at a premier Inn.
I’ve never been asked but I know my niece has when she and her girl friends went to a concert overnight. There was a mix of ages so they didn’t mind!

Reactions: 1
Thanks. I'm rather scared for them now. If they get turned away, they're stranded...
I probably wouldn't risk it then if they are going be completly stranded, unfortunately most companys will send in under age to try an see if staff keep up with rules, I know with my company they were always sending in under 18s to try an catch us out if we weren't asking as if we did serve a under 18 it wasn't just our jobs we would be losing it would be jail time we would be looking at as well an we wouldn't have any defense because the first thing they would have asked us was why didn't you ID them

It does suck when you do have mature 17yo's an they want a trip especially in this country when 16 is legal adult age but its all the idiots that have ruined it for others, I know now a ton of places don't even accept groups anymore because some stag an hen parties have ruined it

I probably wouldn't risk it then if they are going be completly stranded, unfortunately most companys will send in under age to try an see if staff keep up with rules, I know with my company they were always sending in under 18s to try an catch us out if we weren't asking as if we did serve a under 18 it wasn't just our jobs we would be losing it would be jail time we would be looking at as well an we wouldn't have any defense because the first thing they would have asked us was why didn't you ID them

It does suck when you do have mature 17yo's an they want a trip especially in this country when 16 is legal adult age but its all the idiots that have ruined it for others, I know now a ton of places don't even accept groups anymore because some stag an hen parties have ruined it
I know. It's the silly teens ruining it for the rest of them. You can ride a motorbike at 17, but can't stay in a hotel. I think statistically riding a motorbike is more dangerous than staying in a hotel? It makes no sense.

Reactions: 6
Hostels are your best bet unfortunately if you want to guarantee anything. Or possibly some glamping sites?

It’s probably due to their insurance. They are not adults and would need to be accompanied by an adult.

Personally wouldn’t risk it without a back up plan. They may ask for ID in case of damage assuming a young group will go out drinking.
I know some premier inn/travel lodge check ins are automated, you don’t even speak to anyone but there are people on hand looking so it’s a risk they would intervene.

I know. It's the silly teens ruining it for the rest of them. You can ride a motorbike at 17, but can't stay in a hotel. I think statistically riding a motorbike is more dangerous than staying in a hotel? It makes no sense.
Is that a recent thing ? I went away for the weekend and stopped in a hotel when I was 17 but people rarely got asked for I.d in those days

Reactions: 2
Hi
So a guy who’s blocked me on WhatsApp 18 months ago has suddenly started to block and unblock me but the past two weeks he’s been adding my friends on Snapchat and Instagram and messaging them asking if they know me when it’s clear they do and I’ve even mentioned these friends to him when we were talking. The weird thing is his Instagram use to be private and public now and he’s clearly with his girlfriend but his posts his him devoting his love to her.
I don’t know I find this odd as I told him when we were talking that I don’t want a relationship with him and I’ll oviously always care for him but won’t let him get as close again.
I don’t know what I want from this maybe just a vent but me and my friends are confused over this situation

Hi
So a guy who’s blocked me on WhatsApp 18 months ago has suddenly started to block and unblock me but the past two weeks he’s been adding my friends on Snapchat and Instagram and messaging them asking if they know me when it’s clear they do and I’ve even mentioned these friends to him when we were talking. The weird thing is his Instagram use to be private and public now and he’s clearly with his girlfriend but his posts his him devoting his love to her.
I don’t know I find this odd as I told him when we were talking that I don’t want a relationship with him and I’ll oviously always care for him but won’t let him get as close again.
I don’t know what I want from this maybe just a vent but me and my friends are confused over this situation
Nah, just block him on all social media and ask your friends to do the same. Very strange and clearly bleeping with your head a bit

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Hi
just block him and tell your friends to do the same. You don’t want a relationship with him so who cares. He’s just being childish

Reactions: 2
Nah, just block him on all social media and ask your friends to do the same. Very strange and clearly bleeping with your head a bit
I’m glad I’m not the only one thinking it’s strange. I considered messaging his girlfriend to tell her but after the way she reacted when I told her he was cheating on her with me and a guy they worked with her I don’t think it’s worth letting her know about this.

***just so people are away me and him been speaking for years before they met and I only recently found out about her not long before I found her

Hi
You posted about this before in this thread and also in another thread. The advice from here won't change Block him, and tell family and friends to block him.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 9
You posted about this before in this thread and also in another thread. The advice from here won't change Block him, and tell family and friends to block him.

Exactly, this keeps coming up. She claims she doesn’t care about him and isn’t interested but obsesses over it. I wouldn’t even know if I was blocked or unblocked to they’re obviously checking 18 months later.
The advice is, over all of the posts, from everyone, a resounding block him yourself and get over it! He has a girlfriend, he’s a known cheat and he’s an hole, it’s been 18 months, move the duck on.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Exactly, this keeps coming up. She claims she doesn’t care about him and isn’t interested but obsesses over it. I wouldn’t even know if I was blocked or unblocked to they’re obviously checking 18 months later.
The advice is, over all of the posts, from everyone, a resounding block him yourself and get over it! He has a girlfriend, he’s a known cheat and he’s an hole, it’s been 18 months, move the duck on.
AE4C3F5E-BEAF-4AD1-A0CA-7DBDE2A4630C.gif

this this this.

all these posts and still the tone and situation hasn’t changed?! from one blonde to another; girl, move on. he doesn’t sound worth any of this effort.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I appreciate this thread is probably for more heavy/life advice, but I have a ridiculous question right now.

I froze some puff pastry when I bought it, but took it out weeks ago to defrost in the fridge and completely forgot about it. I have just found it now right at the back of the top shelf in the fridge. It's a new unopened pack, use by date is 6th Nov. I can still use it right?

Or has freezing and then allowing it to thaw for so long caused some sort of hideous bacteria to be able to thrive?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.