The advice thread for random problems #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Is it genuine? Have they been sending letters to the wrong address?
Do you have evidence of meter readings from when you were there/moved out?
There was an address i lived at between that house and the one i’m in now so they probably were going to that address but i’ve been where i am currently for a year now. I have looked back through emails and it looks like i was emailing the estate agent about access to the electric meter and she responded that the Landlord didn’t have a key to get to it. The man on phone said it sounded wrong as well. It’s a bill for 14,000 kWh in 6 months😐

Got a night out planned this weekend. Not sure how to wear a blazer without it feeling like I’m going to work 😂?!!! Seen a few on boo hoo but how to make sure it looks more casual than formal? Ty everyone

Got a night out planned this weekend. Not sure how to wear a blazer without it feeling like I’m going to work 😂?!!! Seen a few on boo hoo but how to make sure it looks more casual than formal? Ty everyone
what kind of bottoms were you fancying?

get it in a bright or light colour (ie a nice blue, pink, cream) and pair it with a plain top and skinny jeans. always my go-to with blazers anyway! you can dress up then with heels and accessories, or keep more casual.

try to avoid a black, as that instantly looks more formal.

Reactions: 1
what kind of bottoms were you fancying?
Jeans. Probably black

get it in a bright or light colour (ie a nice blue, pink, cream) and pair it with a plain top and skinny jeans. always my go-to with blazers anyway! you can dress up then with heels and accessories, or keep more casual.

try to avoid a black, as that instantly looks more formal.
thank you 😃
Boohoo have got some bright ones. Pink blue or green. Love them but theyre so bold. Defo will avoid black thank you

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Jeans. Probably black

thank you 😃
Boohoo have got some bright ones. Pink blue or green. Love them but theyre so bold. Defo will avoid black thank you
if you’re going black jeans i’d defo go with a nice bright blazer, you could pair it with a nice necklace and a bag

• Heart
So I need to get my hair done. Messaged the girl who has done my hair the past couple of times who I really like and she took ages to respond so in meantime booked elsewhere.. now she has responded.
Do I still with current one or go to new one?
If there's enough time to cancel I'd go with the girl you know and like.
I didn't and went to a new one and she cut my hair to a chin length Bob. 🙃 when I asked for a trim. I looked like Edna from the incredible for weeks until it grew back 🥲🤡

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 4
Can I wear this to a funeral? Or is the flowers too much. It’s the only blackish dress I have
View attachment 2067684
With a black cardigan/jacket, perhaps tights and flats/long boots to tone it down I’d say so.
Bare arms, legs and heels I’d say it’s possibly a bit flashy.

But I would say don’t wear a dress you love to a funeral if it’s someone close because you’ll always think of it when you wear it again.
H&M has got a wear it all the time ‘rib knit dress’ code 1130015001 for £19.99 or this for £15.
73A5641E-83EA-4BA8-A2CC-4AFEA586D8F1.jpeg

Reactions: 6
With a black cardigan/jacket, perhaps tights and flats/long boots to tone it down I’d say so.
Bare arms, legs and heels I’d say it’s possibly a bit flashy.

But I would say don’t wear a dress you love to a funeral if it’s someone close because you’ll always think of it when you wear it again.
H&M has got a wear it all the time ‘rib knit dress’ code 1130015001 for £19.99 or this for £15.
View attachment 2067804
Didn’t think bare arms would be so controversial! Never even came up in my thoughts as a no-no

I’ll have a little look in H&M thanks

Didn’t think bare arms would be so controversial! Never even came up in my thoughts as a no-no

I’ll have a little look in H&M thanks
I always thought the traditional rules were to cover yourself up apart from shins and forearms downwards, but I may be making that up. ❓

I always thought the traditional rules were to cover yourself up apart from shins and forearms downwards, but I may be making that up. ❓
I’ll be honest I don’t know funeral etiquette. Not something I’ve given much thought. I’ve been only to one funeral as an adult and I didn’t wear black then

I think I might need to quit my job but I'm really really scared. My current boss is a bully, if he has you in his sights he is awful. But if you're not in his sights this is the best job I've ever had.

So I'm torn but I've had physical issues from all the stress plus depression, and it's really hard for me to decide what the right choice is atm.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I think I might need to quit my job but I'm really really scared. My current boss is a bully, if he has you in his sights he is awful. But if you're not in his sights this is the best job I've ever had.

So I'm torn but I've had physical issues from all the stress plus depression, and it's really hard for me to decide what the right choice is atm.
My old job before I had my son was exactly like that but he used to give me huge anxiety. In my experience i felt much better once I left but I did just one day wake up and decided not to go back🤣🤣🤣If it is effecting your mental health I don’t think it would do any harm to look else where.

is it an easy field of work to get into? X

Are you in the union? Speak to them, otherwise speak to citizens advice, an make sure you ALWAYS have a witness if there's any meetings, never do a meeting without a no bias witness there, also note down everything he's doing an keep a record of it this will be useful for remembering what's happening, bullying at the workplace is unacceptable an he shouldn't be getting away with it or forcing you out a job you like

Reactions: 3
My old job before I had my son was exactly like that but he used to give me huge anxiety. In my experience i felt much better once I left but I did just one day wake up and decided not to go back🤣🤣🤣If it is effecting your mental health I don’t think it would do any harm to look else where.

is it an easy field of work to get into? X
Thanks, I'm in IT so yes, lots of jobs around, had a look and even some of my non negotiable requirements (100% remote, wages about the same as now) are easy to find.

Are you in the union? Speak to them, otherwise speak to citizens advice, an make sure you ALWAYS have a witness if there's any meetings, never do a meeting without a no bias witness there, also note down everything he's doing an keep a record of it this will be useful for remembering what's happening, bullying at the workplace is unacceptable an he shouldn't be getting away with it or forcing you out a job you like
I'm in a union, not a big one though, and they can help with legal advice but they're a bit powerless. I've been trying and succeeding in connecting other employees who feel the same and we'll be sending an open letter to the boss soon, but I doubt it will help. He's the CEO after all.

That No- Bias person is seriously a great idea, one of my coworkers just had a call with him without anyone there and it wasn't easy from what I hear.

Thanks, I'm in IT so yes, lots of jobs around, had a look and even some of my non negotiable requirements (100% remote, wages about the same as now) are easy to find.

I'm in a union, not a big one though, and they can help with legal advice but they're a bit powerless. I've been trying and succeeding in connecting other employees who feel the same and we'll be sending an open letter to the boss soon, but I doubt it will help. He's the CEO after all.

That No- Bias person is seriously a great idea, one of my coworkers just had a call with him without anyone there and it wasn't easy from what I hear.
I think it completely depends on if you will still feel happy in the work place once you have raised your concerns about him too. I agree with the previous poster that he shouldn’t be allowed but if he is a CEO is there much you can do anyway?

it makes your life easier if you can replace the job quickly.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.