The advice thread for random problems #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yeah it definitely sounds off. When I worked in energy we had loads of issues with people switching suppliers because the old supplier would give the new company an absolutely mad read and then give them a refund, they’d move and then the new company would be left to pick up the slack. It’s obvious you don’t owe it from that information so absolutely go through the complaints process and get it to the Ombudsman ASAP. Mostly the Ombudsman won’t take a complaint until you’ve raised it with them for a minimum period which is why I’m telling you to go there first.

Reactions: 2
Yeah it definitely sounds off. When I worked in energy we had loads of issues with people switching suppliers because the old supplier would give the new company an absolutely mad read and then give them a refund, they’d move and then the new company would be left to pick up the slack. It’s obvious you don’t owe it from that information so absolutely go through the complaints process and get it to the Ombudsman ASAP. Mostly the Ombudsman won’t take a complaint until you’ve raised it with them for a minimum period which is why I’m telling you to go there first.
Thank you, the final meter read is dated from after I moved out so i don’t know if the new occupant of the address changed supplier and that’s where it went tits up. Once I get back from my appointment I will raise it.

I think this is a debt letter rather than British gas. Who do I complain to? I have had no other correspondence except from this debt company.

Thank you, the final meter read is dated from after I moved out so i don’t know if the new occupant of the address changed supplier and that’s where it went tits up. Once I get back from my appointment I will raise it.

I think this is a debt letter rather than British gas. Who do I complain to? I have had no other correspondence except from this debt company.
Write to the debt company and tell them you’re going to dispute it with the company- they will likely put a hold on the account for 60 days to allow you to do that, then you tackle BG. If you have a tenancy agreement/house sale agreement from your new place send them that in the initial complaint- will definitely speed things up!

Reactions: 1
This one is a random one but I’ve tried everything my friends have suggested:
My hair is SO greasy. I assumed build up so used a remover and it left me with the most dry, itchy scalp but still super greasy hair! I’ve also tried enough shampoos to open my own review links. My scalp remains dry and itchy but my hair a greasy mess. Send help!

My hair is SO greasy. I assumed build up so used a remover and it left me with the most dry, itchy scalp but still super greasy hair! I’ve also tried enough shampoos to open my own review links. My scalp remains dry and itchy but my hair a greasy mess. Send help!
As silly as it sounds, have you tried leaving it longer between washes?

I second this when my son was in NICU i had to go longer between hair washes and left it in plaits a lot now i could get away with 1 wash a week if i wanted to. I do have thick hair though.

I have but by day two it’s noticeably dirty! So the most I can leave it is like 2 days. I’ve tried training it over lockdown, or during school holidays and it just won’t Co-operate! It’s long, thin in texture but there’s loads of hair

Do you touch your hair a lot? You could be transferring grease from your fingers to your hair.

Dry shampoo to soak up the oils?😃

This is a bit random but how old are you? Only because I hit a particular age and suddenly my hair is the total opposite to how it used to be. My point being maybe it could be hormonal?

Also, if your scalp is dry yet the hair is greasy, I think that means your scalp might be producing extra oil. Therefore you have to treat the dryness not the oil. (I think that's right but an actual hairdresser might be able to confirm - or tell us it's bollocks 😆).

I hope you find something that helps.

• Heart
My hair is like this as well, can't wash it everyday or it's greasy an can't go past two days or it's greasy

So I wash mine every 2 days with a tea tree shampoo, I wash it at night an let it dry natural over night as I released if I used a hair dryer it made it greasier quicker, on the days in-between I don't wash I'll use a little dry shampoo

Have you checked to see if you have psoriasis? I have that on my scalp an can have a dry an itchy scalp even though my hair can be greasy, the tea tree also helps with that

But also touching your hair can make it like that, sometimes you don't even realise your doing it if it's out of habit

Reactions: 3
Do you touch your hair a lot? You could be transferring grease from your fingers to your hair.
I’ve never noticed but I’m going to try take stock over the next few days!
---
This is a bit random but how old are you? Only because I hit a particular age and suddenly my hair is the total opposite to how it used to be. My point being maybe it could be hormonal?

Also, if your scalp is dry yet the hair is greasy, I think that means your scalp might be producing extra oil. Therefore you have to treat the dryness not the oil. (I think that's right but an actual hairdresser might be able to confirm - or tell us it's bollocks 😆).

I hope you find something that helps.
I’m 33, but actually treating the scalp makes sense- I’m going to pop to my salon and ask if they can recommend a scalp treatment when I’m nearby
---
My hair is like this as well, can't wash it everyday or it's greasy an can't go past two days or it's greasy

So I wash mine every 2 days with a tea tree shampoo, I wash it at night an let it dry natural over night as I released if I used a hair dryer it made it greasier quicker, on the days in-between I don't wash I'll use a little dry shampoo

Have you checked to see if you have psoriasis? I have that on my scalp an can have a dry an itchy scalp even though my hair can be greasy, the tea tree also helps with that

But also touching your hair can make it like that, sometimes you don't even realise your doing it if it's out of habit
I used to have psoriasis but it cleared up a couple of years ago- I will have to have it checked again

Have you tried the body shop ginger shampoo?

I find only shampooing once helps and obviously only applying conditioner to the very ends. Also really avoiding the hairline with and moisturisers/makeup as it migrates into the hair line even from a much as an inch away on me.

Reactions: 3
Not really a problem but does anyone have any recommendations for comfy sandals that don't look horrible?. 🤣

I'm going on holiday soon and need to find some. Just comfy enough to walk round all day!
I bought a pair from Regetta outdoors from Amazon last year and would recommend them for heavy walking. I’ve always prioritised comfort over looks though.

There’s also Fitflops which my mother has

I know you said you've tried loads of shampoos, but did you try a tea tree oil shampoo? Doesn't need to be expensive any tea tree oil one would do. My hair got Super greasey due to hormones during pregnancy and it's the only thing that worked.

Re. the hair oiliness issue, I started rotating my shampoos and conditioners - I have two - so every time I wash my hair (every two days) I alternate between them. On the 'no wash' days, I apply Dry Shampoo - I'm using one by Wella's prestige label at the moment which smells lovely and works well.

I am guilty of running my hands through my hair all the time, which is how I think mine gets oily.

Also, if you're using styling products, do so sparingly as they can make hair oily.

Is there anyone here who breast fed that can help me. No one in my family breast fed and i have saw 3 separate GP’s and still no help.

I stopped BF nearly a year ago now and there is clearly white milk stuck on the end of my nipple. It looks exactly like a milk blister on google images. It is so unbearably itchy it keeps me up at night. 3 GP’s and a consultant at the breast clinic shrugged it off and said it’s fine can’t do anything about it. Is that honestly true and do I just have to learn to live with it?

Is there anyone here who breast fed that can help me. No one in my family breast fed and i have saw 3 separate GP’s and still no help.

I stopped BF nearly a year ago now and there is clearly white milk stuck on the end of my nipple. It looks exactly like a milk blister on google images. It is so unbearably itchy it keeps me up at night. 3 GP’s and a consultant at the breast clinic shrugged it off and said it’s fine can’t do anything about it. Is that honestly true and do I just have to learn to live with it?
Have you tried anything to remove it yourself? Have they said it’s not a milk blister or just that it is but they won’t do anything?

Have you tried anything to remove it yourself? Have they said it’s not a milk blister or just that it is but they won’t do anything?
I tried with salt water, pumping, oil, tweezers and nothing.. they never actually said what it was really I said I have a milk blister and they all just said ‘it’s fine don’t worry about it’

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.