Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
1655627584321.png

Kat Stewart - one of my favourite actresses ...

Lovely, but I feel like she needs to bring us something new. She looks the same-old at every event.

Ooooh very nice, Leigh Sales!

Have to say, I love the pink and tangerine together!

1655627731933.png

Reactions: 4
My mistake it hasn’t even started yet!! https://tvtonight.com.au/2022/05/renewed-five-bedrooms.html ps did you see how fab Doris looks tonight! 🔥
She looks incredible!

I was reading how she and her partner lived in the original Five Bedrooms house in between filming. That must've been nice!

------------------------------------------------------------

Tony Armstrong gets his first Logie
By Meg Watson

He got it! As expected, Tony Armstrong has taken home the Graham Kennedy Award for most popular new talent.

Armstrong has been a sensation over the past year or so, both on TV and all over the internet. It was only earlier this week that his on-air celebrations of the Socceroos making it through to the world cup went viral – which no doubt helped him with the public voting for this category.

In his speech, Armstrong thanked his mum and everyone who’s taken a chance on him – including the National Indigenous Radio Service, where he got his start calling footy games before becoming an on-air sports broadcaster.

“If I hadn’t started out calling football, I wouldn’t have ended up here at the ABC,” he said.

He also used the moment to send a quick message to Justin Stevens, the ABC’s new director of news: “Contract negotiations, mate,” he said, pointing to the award. “We’re on.”

It was a fun joke. But also… he’s not wrong. Armstrong is a hugely exciting new talent – which is especially refreshing considering how static and familiar so much of Australian TV can be. He deserves a pay rise, at the very least.

Vibe check: what’s it like in the room at the Logies?
By Karl Quinn

I don’t know how much of this comes across in the telecast, but inside the room you get a real sense of the mood whenever an award is announced or a presenter takes the stage.

If you’ve been watching at home, you may not know, for instance, that the MAFS people have been and gone. At one ad break – which serves as a toilet break for the invited guests – the table of 10 rose as one and headed off. Synchronised bladders? An impromptu key party? The smart money says it’s common practice: the reality peeps are invited to stay until their category has been called, then it’s time to leave while everyone is still on their best behaviour.

The cameras – or rather the microphones – surely did pick up the chilling silence that greeted Tom Gleeson as he took the stage with Sophie Monk to present an award. Lots of people thought his irony-driven win of the gold in 2019 was hilarious, a stroke of performance-art genius. It’s safe to say not many of those people are in the room tonight.

bde87a1923dc8f83641b0b464365f162345c30d3.jpg

The anger many evidently still feel towards Gleeson whittled away a little by the end of his routine with Monk (who made an excellent sparring partner), but was there a lingering antipathy that spilled over when Guy Pearce was announced as the most popular actor? Certainly there was an audible gasp.

No such downer vibes for Tony Armstrong, Sam Pang – doubling for Kitty Flanagan, and hailed by voiceover man Tony Martin as “Australia’s most popular actress” – or Bruce McAvaney and Patti Newton, both of whom drew standing ovations.

Bruce’s speech did go on a bit, though. For a moment, it looked like he was going to do an entire history of broadcasting.

Last edited:
  • Heart
A picture of Osher ... who I fondly remember as Andrew G on the Channel Orange music TV channel back in the '90s!

An interesting fact: He wears a hearing aid! Which is just amazing because he's proof that having hearing issues doesn't need to hold anyone back (I wear two, and as someone who didn't lose their hearing until their 40s, I find them hugely problematic so it's a helpful reminder to me when I see people like Osher out and about coping just fine!).

View attachment 1354399

View attachment 1354402
He also has a prosthetic hip. Bionic man

• Wow

Broken Veneers

VIP Member
Fellow gastric bypasser here 💖 I'll tell anyone and everyone. It's a tool that is changing my life and I'm grateful and upfront. Five weeks and 17kg gone 🙏🏼
Sorry it's off topic but GO YOU!!!! Have you dropped 2 or 3 dress sizes? That is incredible 🙌 🙌 🙌

• Heart

kmartplate

VIP Member
Simone looks beautiful! And yes, very much like Jessica.

I agree that the DM should stop following her - that article about her working as a waitress was beyond stalkerish. She's obviously left acting behind; now leave her alone.
i really like Jessica and she totally could have a huge career in Hollywood, she could have been Margot Robbie but a few years earlier. I love seeing her happy and peaceful and enjoying her life for once as she has been through a lot and acting was not serving her… and yes I do love to see it but would sooner not actually see it, if that makes sense. They should leave her alone indefinitely.

• Heart
The Project won its category ... I honestly don't get that show (we have an edition of it here in NZ) ... it's a snoozefest!

We used to have A Current Affair too - it was just the same Aussie content played, with a NZ host announcing it (a bit strange) ... but that got killed off after a few months on air.

Reactions: 3

HeyBub

VIP Member
  • Heart
  • Haha

kmartplate

VIP Member
Sonia would be a deserving winner too, very busy lady and she always seems so warm and nice. I love how she says she is lazy despite being on so many tv shows, she seems quite down to earth.

• Heart

makeitstop

VIP Member
From ABC:
Who is hosting the Logies? Officially, no-one. But comedian Tony Martin will return, along with a line-up of TV personalities from all networks including Mel B, Hamish and Andy, Melissa Leong and ABC's own Leigh Sales, Tony Armstrong, Jeremy Fernandez, David Speers and many more.

Where is Princess Jasmine Stefanovic? Maybe she's so famous that she has to use the secret side entrance :rolleyes:
Not a fan of her dress

Attachments

HeyBub

VIP Member
Is anyone surprised to see Five Bedrooms wasn't nominated for anything?

I feel like that show has finished now - there's not really any need for another series as everything was tied up so neatly at the end of the last one. I still loved it though, and the acting was incredible.

I wonder how they come up with the nominees - is it a peoples' choice type thing? Because although I do really like Ada and Sophie from H&A, there are better deserving actresses for 'most popular' actress - even on H&A itself ("Mack" for one, who seems very popular).

I didn't see Ronnie and Georgia from The Block Fans vs Faves ... I would've expected them to have been invited given that they have quite a high profile.
It’s my next go to watch, I keep hearing it’s great!

Gahh Neighbours got me bawling 😭

• Heart

SnarkyTart

VIP Member
One of my most favourite Aussie shows was 'Tangle' - Ben was amazing in that! I hated him, which I think I was meant to do?

Claudia Karvan is most definitely a cool girl - right up there with Georgie Parker and Kat Stewart. Aussie has SO MUCH wonderful talent!!!

So did Travel Guides win something? And Home and Away?

I love Travel Guides but was a bit disappointed with last week's show that aired here, where they went on a Pacific cruise including a trip to Mystery Island and they were a bit rude to their hosts. They'd been told they were going to see the King, and that didn't happen, and they made all sorts of rude jokes about it. The daughter from the family made a point of going up to the hosts afterwards to thank them and say what a lovely time they had, but then ruined it by saying to her family afterwards that you have to do that even if it's not true ... it seemed so mean :(.
Oh I haven't seen that ep. That is very disappointing 😞 I fear now that their profiles have grown, so have their egos.

And the winners are ...

award.jpg

MOST OUTSTANDING ENTERTAINMENT OR COMEDY PROGRAM
Lego Masters
MOST POPULAR DRAMA PROGRAM
Home And Away
MOST POPULAR LIFESTYLE PROGRAM
Travel Guides
MOST POPULAR REALITY PROGRAM
MasterChef Australia
MOST OUTSTANDING SPORTS COVERAGE
Olympic and Paralympics Games Tokyo 2020
MOST POPULAR COMEDY PROGRAM
Have You Been Paying Attention?

Happy for H&A, but feeling sad for Neighbours (sadder that nobody came to their rescue to save what has become an institution)

Live feed for those who can't watch on TV:

Agree 100% with this writer:

Popular Australian actor or actress in an international program and outstanding reality program: who will win?
By Thomas Mitchell
Most popular Australian actor or actress in an international program
Should win:
Murray Bartlett
HBO series The White Lotus was stacked with star power, but actor Murray Bartlett managed to steal the show as Armond, the concierge with a vengeful disdain for his high-paying guests. Bartlett was also involved in the single best scene to air on television in recent years. #suitcasegate

Will win: Sarah Snook
Succession is arguably the biggest TV show in the world, scooping best drama at the Golden Globes this year. Snook also came out on top that night, winning best supporting actress for her ruthless portrayal of Siobhan “Shiv” Roy. Chances are Snook’s trophy shelf will be adding another statue comes Logies night.

• Heart