The 2 Johnnies #3 They say the devil works hard but niamh works harder

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Oh god yes. She did a run of tinder segments, updating us on her progress. I did find it very entertaining but again her ego was something else and ruins it.
I don’t listen to the pod anymore but I couldn’t help think half of what Maura was saying was made up for content.

Reactions: 7
Caught 2mins of Drive it today while in the car and thought Johnny Smacks accent has changed since being away 🤣 maybe I’m imagining it!

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Recap of the last thread :

Smacks is a decent lad or a prick depending on what you think of him.
Johnny definitely knew what he was getting himself into and knew Cora was a catfish
Johnny didn’t know Cora was a catfish and dumped his girlfriend for a chance at Cora which Aoife pieced together in a leaked WhatsApp message to her friends , apparently he went on a 3 day bender and ignored her and got annoyed when she questioned why he was following random girls on Instagram and then he dumped her and kicked her out of the house ,allegedly
Suspected timeline and plot holes indentified in the podcast.
Johnny used to have a ponytail and may have a comb over, we await proof .

Thank you !
I know a girl who works with his ex and Jonny B was horrible to her.

Reactions: 4
Please…no more talk of the catfish 🐡🤯… this thread was just getting good! It’s just the same stuff over and over again!

Tell more!!!
Yes we need more goss on the Aoife horribleness! Do we think he was flat out cheating on her? That’s the vibe I get. Who goes on benders for 4 nights and leaves your girlfriend sitting in the house and doesn’t even tell her where ya are.

Do you all think there was no part 3 because JB realised a few stories would come out about him?

Reactions: 6
Do you all think there was no part 3 because JB realised a few stories would come out about him?
I think it’s very likely, especially when they were deleting questions and things about the voice note on their Facebook page

Yes we need more goss on the Aoife horribleness! Do we think he was flat out cheating on her? That’s the vibe I get. Who goes on benders for 4 nights and leaves your girlfriend sitting in the house and doesn’t even tell her where ya are.
And snaps the head off her for asking. Imagine sitting there for 3/4 days in the home you share together and having zero contact, not even knowing when he'll be back. And he on IG following young ones in the meantime.

Oh where is the voice note?

Attachments

Last edited:
And snaps the head off her for asking. Imagine sitting there for 3/4 days in the home you share together and having zero contact, not even knowing when he'll be back. And he on IG following young ones in the meantime.
yeah, I don’t understand it! She has a right to ask, she’s literally living with him and even if she wasn’t living with him, she still has a right to ask because they were in a relationship together and it’s a word called respect.

I'd say Johnny B is a complete commitment phobe TBH. I think he was in a great relationship and then it just all became too much commitment (living together and all that) and he just ended it in a panic. Not defending how he did it (which sounds desperate).

Did anyone listen to Monday's interview with the girl with the ED? I thought it was really well handled. The questions from both the lads were very sensitive and it came across that they were genuinely interested in her story and were empathetic towards her. It just goes to show that the lads are not as one dimensional as some of their detractors make them out to be.

We definitely need a shortlist of people to replace Maura's slot. Not going to happen of course because she is the producer and has been with them since the beginning.

To give her her dues, the lads actually owe a big part of their careers to her, to be fair. That podcast is what got them their TV series and the 2fm gig, and there is no way the podcast would have been as much of a success without a really good producer. If it hadn't been for her, you can guarantee their early podcasts would have been complete amateur hour ones, while they learned on the job.

OK back to a new female for the podcast. My own thoughts:

- Shouldn't be from Dublin. Needs to be relatable to the audience which is mainly rural and won't put up with D4 accent.
- Not a full time influencer. Should be someone who has their own independent career
- Needs a personality/is funny. This is where Lauren falls down, she is hitting the points above bang on, but doesn't seem like great craic.

Anyone have any candidates?

Reactions: 6
I'd say Johnny B is a complete commitment phobe TBH. I think he was in a great relationship and then it just all became too much commitment (living together and all that) and he just ended it in a panic. Not defending how he did it (which sounds desperate).

Did anyone listen to Monday's interview with the girl with the ED? I thought it was really well handled. The questions from both the lads were very sensitive and it came across that they were genuinely interested in her story and were empathetic towards her. It just goes to show that the lads are not as one dimensional as some of their detractors make them out to be.

We definitely need a shortlist of people to replace Maura's slot. Not going to happen of course because she is the producer and has been with them since the beginning.

To give her her dues, the lads actually owe a big part of their careers to her, to be fair. That podcast is what got them their TV series and the 2fm gig, and there is no way the podcast would have been as much of a success without a really good producer. If it hadn't been for her, you can guarantee their early podcasts would have been complete amateur hour ones, while they learned on the job.

OK back to a new female for the podcast. My own thoughts:

- Shouldn't be from Dublin. Needs to be relatable to the audience which is mainly rural and won't put up with D4 accent.
- Not a full time influencer. Should be someone who has their own independent career
- Needs a personality/is funny. This is where Lauren falls down, she is hitting the points above bang on, but doesn't seem like great craic.

Anyone have any candidates?
Completely agree - they handled a sensitive issue with great empathy.

Side note - Sheila Naughton would actually be great in Maura's slot!

Reactions: 3
Completely agree - they handled a sensitive issue with great empathy.

Side note - Sheila Naughton would actually be great in Maura's slot!
I was a bit conflicted about her. She is obviously a bubbly and outgoing person, and speaks incredibly frankly about her journey which is really commendable.

But there is something about her that niggles at me. She kind of makes a joke about everything. She also seemed very "superior" to the people she was getting treatment from i.e. experts, there was a lot of "eh, no way am I doing that". The fact she had to go through 5 counsellors before she found the right one makes it sound like she is a difficult person.

I was a bit conflicted about her. She is obviously a bubbly and outgoing person, and speaks incredibly frankly about her journey which is really commendable.

But there is something about her that niggles at me. She kind of makes a joke about everything. She also seemed very "superior" to the people she was getting treatment from i.e. experts, there was a lot of "eh, no way am I doing that". The fact she had to go through 5 counsellors before she found the right one makes it sound like she is a difficult person.
Yeah fair enough, I picked up on that too - her attitude was very dismissive to the medical professionals who were helping her.

Reactions: 1

NEW THREAD GUYS, please continue there, we’re near 1000 comments I’ll get this one locked 😁

• Haha
  • Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.