The 1975

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I like their older music.. I saw them at latitude a few years ago, Matty must have been at the height of his addiction as he seriously looked like he was just going to fall over and pass out the whole time, it was awful to see. Is he still clean now?
I think he is and honestly, it's a relief. He was obviously in a very bad place in 2017-18 and it would have been such a waste of talent if he had joined the 27 club.

Reactions: 5
I think he is and honestly, it's a relief. He was obviously in a very bad place in 2017-18 and it would have been such a waste of talent if he had joined the 27 club.
That’s good, yes I was convinced that would happen - I couldn’t believe he was on the stage at all in that state. Think it was 2017 we saw them. Glad to hear he is doing well :)

Reactions: 2
I like their older music.. I saw them at latitude a few years ago, Matty must have been at the height of his addiction as he seriously looked like he was just going to fall over and pass out the whole time, it was awful to see. Is he still clean now?
I watched the interview he did a couple of months ago with Zane Lowe and he said he'd been clean for 4 years which is soo good as he did look so unwell.

Reactions: 5
TikTok has done a good job of reviving them after a long break. I love their new album it’s a happier vibe

Saw them in a tiny little venue in 2015 and then were great and then again a few years later (front row!!) at a festival. Matty has great stage presence. Wasn't a fan of their last album at all, don't think I could name one song, but A Brief Inquiry definitely grew on me and I'm finding the same with their new stuff. Didn't like it to begin with but its really reminding me of their 2013 album which will always have a place in my heart, so I'm finding myself slowly adding songs here and there to my playlists.
The auto tune tik toks are brilliant.

Thoughts on this? Personally, the kissing on stage stuff just doesn’t sit right with me idk

The woman he kissed before said she consented to it before hand didn’t she? The guy he kissed look super into it! I mean he’s not being serious about grooming and I am not aware that he is a sexual predator but I am ready to be proven wrong and everyone is allowed to feel how they want about it, a lot of people would not like this to happen and wouldn’t want to participate. I hope he would respect that if so

Reactions: 4
Just parking my butt here after my tiktok fyp being 90% Matty 🤣 off for a read

• Haha
The new video to Oh Caroline were thay are old men is amazing I can clearly imagine them all like that still best friends at 75 😊

I kinda wanna get tickets for their Belfast show next month. I've always liked their music when I've heard it on the radio and thanks to Tik Tok I'm in my Matty thirst era. :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
I kinda wanna get tickets for their Belfast show next month. I've always liked their music when I've heard it on the radio and thanks to Tik Tok I'm in my Matty thirst era. :ROFLMAO:
He is literally making me feral 🤣🤣
The videos of him today with his shirt off and his back 😍😍😍 or him pretending to take off his trousers 🤤 please someone save me 🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Ok did anyone see the Mr Bean 1975 tiktok
I can’t un see it but still here for it 🤣
What’s that say about me

I am loving the album, wintering is great and I love when we’re together and part of the band are my faves

Reactions: 1
Said it before & will say it again, Glasto have confirmed Elton, & The Arctic Monkeys are all but confirmed as 2nd headliner, so there’s another slot that people aren’t yet sure of, we’ll The 1975 would be perfect! They proved as much at Reading earlier this year, & they’re knocking it out of the park over in the states so far!

Though it seems he's back on stage drinking a bottle of wine a night....some people saying it's an act and others saying he's relapsed? Really hope not

• Sad
Though it seems he's back on stage drinking a bottle of wine a night....some people saying it's an act and others saying he's relapsed? Really hope not
Everyone on Reddit was saying if they spoke to him he says it was a skit

I have been analysing what it is about Matty that is 🥵
For me it’s his mouth and eyes.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Everyone on Reddit was saying if they spoke to him he says it was a skit

I have been analysing what it is about Matty that is 🥵
For me it’s his mouth and eyes.
Surely that would be massively triggering for him if it was just a skit?

I don’t think his issues were ever alcohol? Not saying it wasn’t a gate away type thing, but he’s always drank during gigs. Same as smoking.

…just not menthols.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.