Tess Holliday

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I dont care for pictures of these influencers & celebrities half naked and tanning etc. Whatever their size. Slim? Im definitely jealous lol. Big? It just makes me feel grim about my own size. I dont care how big or small they are. Its my take-away from it.

Its not always a crusade to be fought.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Thing is you’re making an assumption, that I’m obviously thin and dislike fat people?! But I’m not, so by that thinking I dislike myself?! I don’t but equally I don’t want to see people with everything hanging out to advertise fake tan 🙄
Take your crusade elsewhere

There was a whole load of controversy over Tess's "eff your beauty standards" t-shirts. I believe lots of her fans paid for them and never received either a t-shirt or compensation. She also claimed that she was giving a significant portion of the proceeds the charity and I... don't think that happened.

Tess has an extremely beautiful face so I can see why she is famous for that, but she does lie about her size. I have no problem with people keeping schtum, it's nobody else's business, really. However, this does cause problems when you're a professional model. There are frequently shoots (I think one was for Self magazine) where she's draped in the garments rather than being able to wear them, because word amongst crew is that she tells them a smaller size than what she really is so the wardrobe isn't suitable on a lot of shoots.

Equally, she projects the idea that it's important to love yourself (as embodied by "eff your beauty standards") so why is it somehow more shameful to have gone up a size or two? I'd say this also applies to her generally very normative beauty other than her shape: she's always free of body hair, coiffed, made up and with nails done.

She's an interesting one, for sure.

Reactions: 2
I dont get that lieing about size thing, I mean I tend to say uk18 but really it's anything from 14-18 because my proportions are wierd, only contradicting body positivity by saying you are smaller than you actually are.

Reactions: 2
There was a whole load of controversy over Tess's "eff your beauty standards" t-shirts. I believe lots of her fans paid for them and never received either a t-shirt or compensation. She also claimed that she was giving a significant portion of the proceeds the charity and I... don't think that happened.

Tess has an extremely beautiful face so I can see why she is famous for that, but she does lie about her size. I have no problem with people keeping schtum, it's nobody else's business, really. However, this does cause problems when you're a professional model. There are frequently shoots (I think one was for Self magazine) where she's draped in the garments rather than being able to wear them, because word amongst crew is that she tells them a smaller size than what she really is so the wardrobe isn't suitable on a lot of shoots.

Equally, she projects the idea that it's important to love yourself (as embodied by "eff your beauty standards") so why is it somehow more shameful to have gone up a size or two? I'd say this also applies to her generally very normative beauty other than her shape: she's always free of body hair, coiffed, made up and with nails done.

She's an interesting one, for sure.
Shes apparently also shamed people for wanting to lose weight, and then said it left her feeling triggered. As though you cant be large & body positive whilst also wanting to lose weight.

Im just remembering now she has a problem with people posting before and after weight loss photos??

From the lying about your size to being horrible to people who want to loose weight makes me think that she is very unhappy with herself.

Reactions: 4
I've heard from a VERY reliable source that she's been in tears on set at swimwear shoots and she's terrible to work with.

Those nails are grim! 🤢
Ive never particularly liked her to be honest, i can sense an air of arrogance about her. Shes a beautiful lady and i think its fabulous that shes body confident and promotes that we should love ourselves no matter what, i wish i could accept myself as a plus size woman! She has no right to diet shame people though, im sure she hates being fat shamed so why is it okay for her to shame people?

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
I don't have an issue with Tess weight, and I hope this thread doesn't turn into a fatshaming post. I do think she's got a beautiful face, however her attitude is AWFUL. I feel like her followers always try to be so nice, and when she responds, it always comes across as really rude.

Reactions: 7
Think the whole thing with her (ex)husband is really sad I've been a follower since back in her Tess Munster days and he was always such a huge part of her life, I remember the whole pregnancy with bowie etc. He always seemed to be the one at home looking after the kids, really supportive of everything she did, she'd always gush about him being an amazing dad to both her boys etc. Then he literally just disappeared last summer, deleted all his socials, or they're inactive. I did a bit of sleuthing at the time as I thought something was up when she suddenly just stopped posting about him and he seemed to have had a breakdown of some sort and decided to move back to Australia for a 'few weeks' to be with his parents etc, he was still posting about missing the boys, but that he'd be back soon. Then I saw something about how he wanted to change his pronouns and was struggling with gender identity and then that was the last of any form of internet presence he had before deleting everything. Obviously now months have passed and he's nowhere to be seen, still in Aus I imagine, and she's recently confirmed they've split. Really sad situation all around, as I was really rooting for them, and they had such a beautiful little family.

Reactions: 5
Think the whole thing with her (ex)husband is really sad I've been a follower since back in her Tess Munster days and he was always such a huge part of her life, I remember the whole pregnancy with bowie etc. He always seemed to be the one at home looking after the kids, really supportive of everything she did, she'd always gush about him being an amazing dad to both her boys etc. Then he literally just disappeared last summer, deleted all his socials, or they're inactive. I did a bit of sleuthing at the time as I thought something was up when she suddenly just stopped posting about him and he seemed to have had a breakdown of some sort and decided to move back to Australia for a 'few weeks' to be with his parents etc, he was still posting about missing the boys, but that he'd be back soon. Then I saw something about how he wanted to change his pronouns and was struggling with gender identity and then that was the last of any form of internet presence he had before deleting everything. Obviously now months have passed and he's nowhere to be seen, still in Aus I imagine, and she's recently confirmed they've split. Really sad situation all around, as I was really rooting for them, and they had such a beautiful little family.
I agree with all of this. Really liked their family set up and thought he seemed absolutely devoted to her and the kids. He seemed to be her biggest fan always uploading nice photos of her and I saw in lots of her comments he would jump to her defence.
wonder what has happened and hope he is also ok!
also find it odd that she has chosen now to come out as queer and wonder if that has played a part? It seems as though they are both quite confused about their identities

Reactions: 3
Maybe her ex has had a sex change and will come back and they’ll be a couple and that’s why she’s come out!

Reactions: 1
Piers is correct. She needs to look at herself. It's not about fat shaming. It's about her being clinically obese, unhealthy and promoting a bad image. She's doing untold damage to herself and much of it will too late to change it. We quite rightly go on about stick thin anorexic looking size 0 models and we should also talk about the other end of the spectrum when people go behind curvy and are just very very fat.

• Angry
Reactions: 8
Piers is correct. She needs to look at herself. It's not about fat shaming. It's about her being clinically obese, unhealthy and promoting a bad image. She's doing untold damage to herself and much of it will too late to change it. We quite rightly go on about stick thin anorexic looking size 0 models and we should also talk about the other end of the spectrum when people go behind curvy and are just very very fat.

I’m not trying to “fat shame” her, and she is just one of many many obese people. However, she is putting herself at MASSIVE risk of complication with covid (not to mention diabetes, heart attack, stroke, joint issues) by remaining the size she is. Therefore she is more likely to need ICU, oxygen and a hospital bed. People her size would also need additional staff to move her if she was unable to turn over for example. Obesity is such a massive drain on the NHS (I know she is American so has private healthcare, but referring to it in general) but I feel it gets so overlooked. It’s certainly not something that should be celebrated anymore than smoking or excessive drinking!

• Angry
Reactions: 8
I’m not trying to “fat shame” her, and she is just one of many many obese people. However, she is putting herself at MASSIVE risk of complication with covid (not to mention diabetes, heart attack, stroke, joint issues) by remaining the size she is. Therefore she is more likely to need ICU, oxygen and a hospital bed. People her size would also need additional staff to move her if she was unable to turn over for example. Obesity is such a massive drain on the NHS (I know she is American so has private healthcare, but referring to it in general) but I feel it gets so overlooked. It’s certainly not something that should be celebrated anymore than smoking or excessive drinking!
And type 2 diabetes can lead to retinopathy, limb amputation.

Reactions: 4
I'm sorry, but Tess is grotesque. There's no way she's comfortable at the size she is. Why does she Photoshop? Such a negative message she's sending out

Holy holy mother of hell I’ve just stumbled across her latest post whilst eating some toast. duck ME! Why is her whole moon out for the world to see?

Reactions: 1
Holy holy mother of hell I’ve just stumbled across her latest post whilst eating some toast. duck ME! Why is her whole moon out for the world to see?
In the past she’s always shown her ass as smooth and well shaped. Shows she’s being lying about photoshop!!

This woman makes me so bleeping angry! She is just as irresponsible as someone who abuses drugs or chain smokes and then glorified it. If she had to be admitted to hospital does she realise the extra staff they would need just to move her? If she gets covid and needs to be proned?! It’s so bloody selfish to let yourself get into that state I’m sorry if that’s “fat shaming”. Yes fair enough be that size but I wish people would stop PRAISING this stupid woman - she is not brave or inspirational she is a medical disaster waiting to happen. I don’t care how much she goes on about being healthy, there is absolutely no way on this earth you can be healthy at that size regardless of your stamina or whatever else you want to base it on. The human body isn’t designed to carry that much weight! When was the last time you saw an obese wild animal 🤦‍♀️