Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
Late to the game, but know Nick personally.
I absolutely despise Tess, but everything she’s said about him is true.
He’s extremely toxic, very aggressive, as has the ‘I’m a submissive, nice
guy’ act down to a fine art. The parades his ‘put the gentle back in gentleman’ like a badge of honour, when the opposite is true. He’s also known for stealthing.
Is your classic, by the book narcissist. Professional victim. Yes he has BPD, but before he moved to be with her, was well managed.
In saying all that, she’s a toxic POS too who abused him just as bad, her entitlement is incredible, and the rage that follows when she doesn’t get her own way is embarrassing. She attacks anyone who dares disagrees with her.
These 2 assholes together was the perfect storm. 2 extremely toxic people should not breed.

• Wow
Reactions: 13

and nothing happens

So apparently she has anorexia. Sorry if this ignorant of me, and I know EDs manifest differently for everyone, but surely anorexia is about restricting and controlling your food intake? I don’t think she got to the size she is by restricting food, I thought she was going to say she has BED.

Reactions: 12

JellyWobbles

VIP Member
None of yous would have a problem with the fake tan pic if she was slim, Jesus.
Yes, I would. Don’t try to make out I’m fat phobic because I don’t like seeing a photo of someone literally begging for attention; fat, thin, I don’t care I don’t want to see it 💁🏻‍♀️ So Shoot me

Reactions: 12

Tittattattit

Chatty Member
She is not right in the head imo.

Interesting how Tess specifically states she has anorexia nervosa but on the National Eating Disorder website it states:

'To be diagnosed with anorexia nervosa according to the DSM-5, the following criteria must be met:

1. Restriction of energy intake relative to requirements leading to a significantly low body weight in the context of age, sex, developmental trajectory, and physical health.
  2. Intense fear of gaining weight or becoming fat, even though underweight.
  3. Disturbance in the way in which one's body weight or shape is experienced, undue influence of body weight or shape on self-evaluation, or denial of the seriousness of the current low body weight.
Even if all the DSM-5 criteria for anorexia are not met, a serious eating disorder can still be present. Atypical anorexia includes those individuals who meet the criteria for anorexia but who are not underweight despite significant weight loss. Research studies have not found a difference in the medical and psychological impacts of anorexia and atypical anorexia.'

I mean, atypical anorexia I can perhaps understand but she explicitly states she has anorexia nervosa.

Last edited:
Reactions: 10

Hobbitsies

She is not right in the head imo.

Interesting how Tess specifically states she has anorexia nervosa but on the National Eating Disorder website it states:

'To be diagnosed with anorexia nervosa according to the DSM-5, the following criteria must be met:

1. Restriction of energy intake relative to requirements leading to a significantly low body weight in the context of age, sex, developmental trajectory, and physical health.
  2. Intense fear of gaining weight or becoming fat, even though underweight.
  3. Disturbance in the way in which one's body weight or shape is experienced, undue influence of body weight or shape on self-evaluation, or denial of the seriousness of the current low body weight.
Even if all the DSM-5 criteria for anorexia are not met, a serious eating disorder can still be present. Atypical anorexia includes those individuals who meet the criteria for anorexia but who are not underweight despite significant weight loss. Research studies have not found a difference in the medical and psychological impacts of anorexia and atypical anorexia.'

I mean, atypical anorexia I can perhaps understand but she explicitly states she has anorexia nervosa.
Even for atypical, she clearly doesn't have a fear of gaining weight or becoming fat in the same way that those with anorexia display. She constantly shows how proud she is to be eating and how proud she is to be fat. So either she is lying about anorexia or she has been lying this entire time about being proud of her size. Either way she is a liar. She has an eating disorder but it isn't this. T

moregosspls

As someone recovering from Ana (2 years going okay!), I feel quite confused by her claims also. By no means can you diagnose someone with Anorexia just by physical appearance (it is mental), but I think she’s confused? As an obese lady, just like a lot of other obese women, I’m sure if you ask them they will likely say they “don’t want to eat food “ and “want to lose so much weight”, and I feel like that’s where she thinks her “diagnosis” has come from? But where the diagnosis of Anorexia strongly comes from is the fear of food, the fear of fat etc. But she has so many posts on her Instagram with food/takeaway bags smiling all happy, and she celebrates being a plus size woman (which is fine!), so I really doubt she has Anorexia (but I’m not a doctor hey..) And no I’m not saying big women can’t have anorexia, because of course they can, it’s just that she does other things like celebrating food & being obese?

Attachments

McNuggets

Chatty Member
She tries very hard to tell everyone how healthy she is.

She also thinks she’s a size 20-22??

• Haha
Reactions: 9

Pixipoppy

VIP Member
Piers is correct. She needs to look at herself. It's not about fat shaming. It's about her being clinically obese, unhealthy and promoting a bad image. She's doing untold damage to herself and much of it will too late to change it. We quite rightly go on about stick thin anorexic looking size 0 models and we should also talk about the other end of the spectrum when people go behind curvy and are just very very fat.

I’m not trying to “fat shame” her, and she is just one of many many obese people. However, she is putting herself at MASSIVE risk of complication with covid (not to mention diabetes, heart attack, stroke, joint issues) by remaining the size she is. Therefore she is more likely to need ICU, oxygen and a hospital bed. People her size would also need additional staff to move her if she was unable to turn over for example. Obesity is such a massive drain on the NHS (I know she is American so has private healthcare, but referring to it in general) but I feel it gets so overlooked. It’s certainly not something that should be celebrated anymore than smoking or excessive drinking!

• Angry
Reactions: 8

Sundevil77

Chatty Member
So she posted on tik tok chewing down a McDonalds breakfast and love that someone commented this 🤣🤣🤣
Screenshot_20210509-223203_TikTok.jpg

• Haha

Funsizes

I really dont want to believe someone would make this up - I can imagine there are some healthcare professionals who would make this diagnosis despite the lack of met criteria. Especially if they are being paid quite a lot of money. But it just makes NO sense to me. If it is an old diagnosis then how could she feel remotely ok with her body being all over social media half naked and eating junk food? If it's a new diagnosis... how did she get it so quickly? I am pretty sure the only way you would get diagnosed with AN whilst obese is by losing a SIGNIFICANT amount of weight in a very short amount of time. She says she is ashamed of having anorexia, but the shame of being fat would surely override that. Apologies for the rant, I am trying to make sense of this because I lost years of my life to AN and the idea that someone would fabricate suffering with it boggles the mind.

• Heart

AllSeeingEye123

VIP Member
Piers is correct. She needs to look at herself. It's not about fat shaming. It's about her being clinically obese, unhealthy and promoting a bad image. She's doing untold damage to herself and much of it will too late to change it. We quite rightly go on about stick thin anorexic looking size 0 models and we should also talk about the other end of the spectrum when people go behind curvy and are just very very fat.

• Angry

JellyWobbles

VIP Member
Tess is a trashy person who is constantly trying to find something to stay relevant or cause controversy. I’m sorry but she does not fit the medical criteria for Anorexia, if I had to guess I’d say she’s actually a food addict, given her past trauma/childhood it makes sense. Either way, it’s pretty disgusting to lie about

Tigger20

Chatty Member
I’m confused by Tess Holiday. She has spent years calling herself “fat” and selling being large but now she is saying speaking about her weight is triggering. I’m so confused. She is a gorgeous looking woman but there are so many mixed messages as a result of her post two days ago :-(

malibubarbie

I don't have an issue with Tess weight, and I hope this thread doesn't turn into a fatshaming post. I do think she's got a beautiful face, however her attitude is AWFUL. I feel like her followers always try to be so nice, and when she responds, it always comes across as really rude.

Reactions: 7
She’s also one of many who have made a living from being fat....if she was to loose weight what would she do then? I’m a big believer that you can be fat and still be healthy but I don’t believe for a second she’s either happy or healthy

Reactions: 7