Terrie McEvoy #3 Spent Xmas in hospital, finger seems fine, able to tan, sell & drink wine

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just because she isn’t saying she has problems doesn’t mean she does not. I personally think the campaign is fantastic! She is hardly going to come on and fill people full of shite . She will have to know what she is talking about so I do believe it will be informative. Fertility is such a taboo subject and fair play to Terrie for doing this. These comments I am reading are so negative I am so shocked at the women who write this sort of thing about someone speaking and highlighting fertility. What a shame
The fact you don't get how completely tone deaf this is speaks volumes. Yes the campaign and conversation is fantastic. However, there are plenty more people who are ALOT more relatable on this subject like Rosanna Davison, etc. What really isn't helpful is someone talking and being SPONSORED by a fertility clinic about such a sensitive topic to have no first hand experience of the sheer pain and stigma and financial burden of fertility issues (No, seeing friends experience it is not the same thing) Terrie never once has had this on her radar, making clear that she hated questions surrounding being asked about children and travel being more important at this point in her life (which is perfectly OK).
As for being "shocked at the women who write this sort of thing", I think it's more shocking there's a woman who'll publicly take a quick buck and try capitalise on others fertility problems/scare monger younger girls to "own their fertility".

• Heart
Reactions: 60
Just because she isn’t saying she has problems doesn’t mean she does not. I personally think the campaign is fantastic! She is hardly going to come on and fill people full of shite . She will have to know what she is talking about so I do believe it will be informative. Fertility is such a taboo subject and fair play to Terrie for doing this. These comments I am reading are so negative I am so shocked at the women who write this sort of thing about someone speaking and highlighting fertility. What a shame
I can assure you I am the same age as Terrie I have travelled a fair bit like Terrie granted not to the same extent. I get she wants to put off having kids fair enough. She is probably about to freeze her eggs, again fair enough but freezing eggs without fertility issues is a total different ball game. When I see that now she is an ambassador for a fertility clinic it did have an awful affect on me.... She has said in the past she and her husband would like to hold off on having kids and as I said in a different post more power to her but imagine me same age as her trying for 5 long years with my fiance whom we decided to put off marriage as we try to concieve cause financially it's ridiculous and having to go through endless torture of a monthly let down, going through clinic by clinic to find the real reason why we cannot concieve and funnily enough they can only see my AMH is low. I have to travel to Prague for treatment as I believe the Irish clinics are all about the money and not much matter of fact... Now if a fertility clinic brought on an ambassador who had real fertility issues I would be delighted. So, sorry I cant follow Terrie with this and I am sure 90% of infertile couples will see this sponsorship in a bad light as I do. And to quote a previous commenter "No fertile women can comfort an infertile women" and it's very true as sadly I do not know of a friend or family member who had gone through or is going through the same journey as I am.

Reactions: 25
Never usually comment on Terri thread but very lazy work from the fertility company. I understand the company need exposure and went with a big following but off the top of my head Sinead Hingston and Tignam have suffered with fertility issues and have been outspoken on it. I’m sure there are hundreds more.

It’s just a very very odd match. We all know Terris morals are low and will accept the dollars for anything, even if it’s wrong, but the company have done themselves no favours here.

Reactions: 24
New member! She’s doing it for money. Like she d promote just about anything for money.

Reactions: 16
Isn’t that the point of the campaign to talk about it. ? Cop on

Reactions: 4
Ok Terrie. Thanks for the input 😠

• Haha
If she has problems with fertility and doesn't want to discuss them publicly, that is her business. But when she becomes brand ambassador for a fertility clinic it is everyones business. Reading the comments here, from women who have issues with fertility, it is an incredibly sensitive and close to the bone topic. To choose someone as brand ambassador who has not only not discussed her fertility, but has openly said that she doesn't want kids yet, is a joke and a slap in the face. It shows that Terries is all about the money.It shows that. this company are a joke. And yes, fertility is a topic that should be had. But not by someone who has no experience in this. If you read the comments posted here, no one has an issue with the campaign itself. It is who they chose to front this campaign. And these' negative comments' that you are reading, a lot of them are by women who have fertility issues. So maybe listen to them, and what they are saying, instead of Terrie, who is being paid to talk about something she knows nothing about.

Reactions: 37
Openly admits she never works out - gets a deal with Lifestyle Sports.

Openly admits she doesn’t want kids yet, and in fact says to people ‘don’t even ask me that question’ - gets a deal with a fertility clinic.

What’s next Terri? Promoting the local butchers on their 2 for 1 steaks even though you’re veggie?

Absolutely zero integrity with this one.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 66
Did anyone see Denise from Pelo’s stories yesterday? Seems very apt.

Reactions: 7
Terrie who often referres to her dog as her child and has said so many times that babies are not on her radar and who gets offended when people ask if she wants babies (all which is fine to be fair) is now the face of a fertility clinic?
Does she not realise people will now be constantly asking her those questions and bringing up the topic of kids?
I guess money talks when you have no morals....

Reactions: 18
What a shame that you are on tattle but are praising terri. That's not what tattle is about... I'm sick to death of people coming on here and not getting the idea of tattle... if you wanna go praise saint terri. . Go to her insta grid and post there....

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Just so i got this correct :unsure: :unsure:
Instahun who does not workout gets a #collab with Lifestyle sports
Instahun who does not want to have children - has a fertility consultation ( promoting that fertility service at same time - prob future collab)

What am i missing something here??
Do these companies that work with said influencer actually do any due diligence to see if they are an good fit for their brand.
Perhaps they are just happy that they will spam the hell out of the followers and dont care about any negative press.

Reactions: 20
You should be more worried about ReproMed and Terrie preying on some women’s insecurities about their age and the potential effect that could have on fertility. We don’t need Terrie coming on saying “do you know the quality of your eggs decline after 30 and you can get a simple blood test to check”. As I said previously, medical professionals do not recommend anyone explores their fertility unless they have been actively trying and are not successful. Otherwise you can cause yourself so much unnecessary worry and I think it is beyond disgusting to prey on women like that. Women who have actual fertility issues take no comfort in mad bastard Terrie opening up a conversation that she herself has admitted she has no experience in.
Maybe Terrie has struggled herself, who knows but she hasn’t shared that. How exactly is that her breaking down the taboo subject of infertility if she has had issues and is unwilling to share?!

Reactions: 29
This is an opinion site and you are perfectly entitled to your opinion. However, I don't agree with it nor do I agree that Terrie should be the new ambassador for Repromed .

If she has fertility issues would it not make more sense that she does discuss them given that she is now the ambassador for a fertility clinic🤔

You stated that it will be informative if nothing else . I find this hard to believe given that she didn't know that after 35 your eggs decline that I'd actually frightening considering she is a health professional.

I think you are confusing fertility being a taboo subject and issues with fertility being a taboo subject. I am over 35 and single so am I now to feel even more pressure to agonise over my fertility and my childlessness because I should really be freezing my eggs and who knows I may now be infertile. I'm sorry but that campaign is bullshit.

It's preying on vulnerable women who already shoulder the majority of the responsibility when it comes to fertility and also face the most amount of pressure. It is poorly judged. The negative comments that you are referring to are from women who have had fertility issues, who do you not think are in a much more informed position to comment than a women who would sell her granny for a fiver 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Heart
If terrie has fertility issues that she doesn’t want to talk about it then why become the face of a fertility clinic. She can keep that aspect of her life private.

It’s all about the money, she has zero integrity and this is yet another example of a brand not doing their homework. It’s just a shame the brand happens to be a fertility clinic.

Reactions: 19
Another big insult and kick in the teeth to those struggling with infertility whether male or female. I’m absolutely furious that another insensitive company throws money at yet another so called influencer who would sell her soul for a quick buck!!! Deciding whether to have kids or travel the world is not in the same category as someone experiencing infertility. It’s actually embarrassing that she’d even put her face to this campaign and shows what an insensitive, cold hearted b**** she is!!
Ask someone who’s being through infertility issues or is currently undergoing IVF, someone like Denise Phillips should be an advocate for what infertility is like not someone who openly says she’s not ready for kids.
Terrie went threw having abnormal cells removed and biopsy’s done for a cervical cancer scare and never speaks about it or even if it’s affected her fertility so why would Terri be the front face of this campaign? It’s just another paid ad for her. It was the same the time Faces by Grace was the advocate for the VHI campaign for infertility when she never experienced infertility in her life, nor did she even have the common decency to even respond to queries by email. More in their line to approach women who’ve being threw this and get behind a campaign to recognise infertility as a medical illness and it shouldn’t come down to money whether you can have a baby or not, shame on the health insurers who don’t offer full cover to those undergoing infertility treatments!!!

• Heart
Reactions: 17
She gave absolutely no information in her spiel apart from saying.....

“open up the conversation” about 138 times.

Wonder if anyone who messaged her got a response and if so what groundbreaking advice did she give them seeing as she openly admits she knew very little??

Terri have a look at Denise from Pelo’s highlight from yest where she says - this sort of advise must come from a professional!!!!

This would then be a contradiction for her narrative around speaking up about infertility if she was having problems! Bad Insta hun placement from repromed.

Reactions: 9
First time poster but OMG she has no shame. Shame on her. Limited comments and if you did you would be blocked. She is the worst. As someone who has suffered a recent MC I never knew the heartbreak until I was told those words. So I can't imagine how she can even begin to understand how people feel undergoing fertility issues. Then to be a brand ambassador and earn money from other women's sadness and heartbreak ..... WOW and then all the other sheep on her insta commenting like she is a bloody Saint. Im just so over them all.

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.