Terrie McEvoy #15 Podcast is dead, baby's burnt red, still waiting for an answer on repromed

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So Terrie felt like she failed because she had a section and didn’t experience labour. Thereby implying that any woman who has a section for whatever reason is a failure?
Jesus I felt far from a failure after two days of induction and major surgery for my baby to bed safely delivered. She’s a thick.
I felt the exact same after mine tbh. Not implying anything about anyone else, just how I felt.

Reactions: 5
I felt the exact same after mine tbh. Not implying anything about anyone else, just how I felt.
Yeah I get that to be fair. Personally I didn’t feel like a failure at all, planned section due to breech baby and it was relaxed, either way we grow and mind our babies for 9 months or so and whatever way they are delivered, no one should feel like a failure but I do get that some people do and that’s also natural! Either way, men wouldn’t be able for it 😂😂 (if we’re allowed say something like that now, no offence intended)

Reactions: 10
Im sorry you felt that way. Ive had 3 natural births . On my last they though i may need a section , i was devo not because i felt like failure but because i though a section would be so much harder than a natural birth. I honestly take my hat off to anyone who has a section, definitely not the easy option. So please dont feel anything but proud of yourself!

Reactions: 9
So I took one for the team and she addressed a lot from here. First of all before the birth story … if she hadn’t this job, she d be gone outta this country. Can’t bare the weather ahahahaha. How unprofessional. So birth story: lots of drama and hard to follow at times. Prior to 36 weeks she had met consultant and a section was being planned because she was having issues that were gonna make a vaginal birth less favourable. No further info on that. So a section was being planned regardless and I’m sure like all influencers (many of whom have dates set) spend the last few weeks with content such as ‘ready when you are’ etc etc! Then she got cholestasis. Numerous references to her knowing so much coz she’s a nurse and him blowing smoke up her arse about being so educated. Making out she was asking for medication to counteract her bp dropping after the spinal but that she knew it was a known effect of the spinal. I call bullshit. Went in for check up. Doctor said baby’s coming today. Drama couldn’t get a hold of David as he was walking the beach with Jake and had no signal. Her physical recovery was easy. Direct quote. She had lots of commitments brands wise with Black Friday so had no choice but to be back working 5 days post partum. Mantra launch was also planned for just before Sydney … ended up then happening just after Sydney. But why was it planned for then …. For when engagement is high perhaps. Addressed the bf. She formula fed from day one. She was annoyed about people speculating about how she was feeding (us) and got trolled for being at an event within weeks (us). Her boobs were very sensitive (no one else’s ever were), she tried her best and she didn’t have labour so her milk wasn’t going to come in(incorrect nurse Terrie). And in next breath she formula fed from day one. She had 3 breast pumps in her baby bag though ( must have been gifted, oh no we never saw them). Daveh forgot the baby bag of course. More drama. Her sister brought in a charger than had been Davehs mums and it was a sign. I’m bored actually even talking about it now. Sorry bad enough summary!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 27
Her shilling the birth story is the death knell for the podcast. The baby is over 1 nobody gives a tit. I don’t care ever about a strangers birth story if I’m being honest

Reactions: 18
So I took one for the team and she addressed a lot from here. First of all before the birth story … if she hadn’t this job, she d be gone outta this country. Can’t bare the weather ahahahaha. How unprofessional. So birth story: lots of drama and hard to follow at times. Prior to 36 weeks she had met consultant and a section was being planned because she was having issues that were gonna make a vaginal birth less favourable. No further info on that. So a section was being planned regardless and I’m sure like all influencers (many of whom have dates set) spend the last few weeks with content such as ‘ready when you are’ etc etc! Then she got cholestasis. Numerous references to her knowing so much coz she’s a nurse and him blowing smoke up her arse about being so educated. Making out she was asking for medication to counteract her bp dropping after the spinal but that she knew it was a known effect of the spinal. I call bullshit. Went in for check up. Doctor said baby’s coming today. Drama couldn’t get a hold of David as he was walking the beach with Jake and had no signal. Her physical recovery was easy. Direct quote. She had lots of commitments brands wise with Black Friday so had no choice but to be back working 5 days post partum. Mantra launch was also planned for just before Sydney … ended up then happening just after Sydney. But why was it planned for then …. For when engagement is high perhaps. Addressed the bf. She formula fed from day one. She was annoyed about people speculating about how she was feeding (us) and got trolled for being at an event within weeks (us). Her boobs were very sensitive (no one else’s ever were), she tried her best and she didn’t have labour so her milk wasn’t going to come in(incorrect nurse Terrie). And in next breath she formula fed from day one. She had 3 breast pumps in her baby bag though ( must have been gifted, oh no we never saw them). Daveh forgot the baby bag of course. More drama. Her sister brought in a charger than had been Davehs mums and it was a sign. I’m bored actually even talking about it now. Sorry bad enough summary!
So a bleeping nurse said her milk wasn’t going to come in because she had a section. It does it just takes longer!🙄 I dunno why I get the feeling she had a section planned from the get go

Reactions: 17
Unless that baby came out of her nostril I really don’t want or need to know. I once sat through an entire labour and birth story in a pub before I had either of mine and to say I came away shook would be an understatement.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
And the anaesthetist told me on all my caesareans a side effect of the spinal is BP tanking and he would counteract it with a drug through the cannula…🙄
She thinks she’s Meredith bleedin Grey.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
So a bleeping nurse said her milk wasn’t going to come in because she had a section. It does it just takes longer!🙄 I dunno why I get the feeling she had a section planned from the get go
She did have a section planned for the start....due to issues that would have made a vaginal delivery not possible. Exactly milk can be delayed after a section but loads of skin to skin and hand expressing can stimulate it. 3 pumps in her bag....🤦‍♀️ maternity hospitals have them to give to you if needed.
---
Also stated that she did not want anyone near Sydney as she thought something was going to happen her....someone might drop her, wouldn't even let David feed her. Sounded to me like a touch of postpartum depression, which is nothing wrong with.

She did have a section planned for the start....due to issues that would have made a vaginal delivery not possible. Exactly milk can be delayed after a section but loads of skin to skin and hand expressing can stimulate it. 3 pumps in her bag....🤦‍♀️ maternity hospitals have them to give to you if needed.
---

Also stated that she did want anyone near Sydney as she thought something was going to happen her....someone might drop her, wouldn't even let David feed her. Sounded to me like a touch of postpartum depression, which is nothing wrong with.
I’d say it’s just more lies about the pumps. She buys nothing unless gifted. She also said she was waiting on a nuk collab to stock her baby bag but Perth arrived early and upset that earner for awhile.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
---

Also stated that she did not want anyone near Sydney as she thought something was going to happen her....someone might drop her, wouldn't even let David feed her. Sounded to me like a touch of postpartum depression, which is nothing wrong with.
Wouldn’t let David feed her? That’s bull, sure she was out drinking after a week. He did all the heavy lifting with that baby not her. She’s so full of 💩

Reactions: 19
I’ll say one thing - fair play to her for addressing the feeding. No one needs to justify their feeding choices to anyone but let’s be honest we would have commented on it if she didn’t & left it open to suggestion again - but let not open that convo again!

If she had a great recovery then good on her & she’s lucky. Perhaps that means her section was unplanned but not necessarily emergency.

There is a correlation between recovery & type section - thought everyone is different of course.

I had a debrief a few months after my C-section (it’s offered under Nhs if requested) to discuss the whole process - had a bad experience & horrific recovery.

I was told the likely hood was my recovery was slow because of the speed at which the surgery happened. It was an emergency situation (baby was in hypoxia).

my notes showed the time of knife to skin & delivery of baby was only 1 minute difference.

They explained to me that in that short time, they cut through however many layers & lifted out my organs to remove my bub safely. I guess to put it nicely they couldn’t be as “gentle” during this process as they would be during an planned or unplanned with less emergency circumstances.
Also couldn’t get immediate skin to skin & delayed Cord clamping as bub had to be assessed which is all recommended for bonding & maternal stat recoveries.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
But she did have a section planned long before this emergency happened due to the liver issue. So I’m not sure why she was so upset about it because giving birth vaginally for her was never on the table.

the one thing I took away was they are idiots. He went off to walk the dog miles away when she had an apt & didn’t even have the bloody baby bag in the car when they knew she had cholestitis & realistically it was any day that baby was
Coming.
---
I’ll say one thing - fair play to her for addressing the feeding. No one needs to justify their feeding choices to anyone but let’s be honest we would have commented on it if she didn’t & left it open to suggestion again - but let not open that convo again!

If she had a great recovery then good on her & she’s lucky. Perhaps that means her section was unplanned but not necessarily emergency.

There is a correlation between recovery & type section - thought everyone is different of course.

I had a debrief a few months after my C-section (it’s offered under Nhs if requested) to discuss the whole process - had a bad experience & horrific recovery.

I was told the likely hood was my recovery was slow because of the speed at which the surgery happened. It was an emergency situation (baby was in hypoxia).

my notes showed the time of knife to skin & delivery of baby was only 1 minute difference.

They explained to me that in that short time, they cut through however many layers & lifted out my organs to remove my bub safely. I guess to put it nicely they couldn’t be as “gentle” during this process as they would be during an planned or unplanned with less emergency circumstances.
Also couldn’t get immediate skin to skin & delayed Cord clamping as bub had to be assessed which is all recommended for bonding & maternal stat recoveries.

this makes sense & thank you for sharing. I too had an emergency section & the recovery was horrific. I should have went for a debrief but I didn’t know it existed at the time. I have since had an elective section & it was a lovely, calm
Experience but surprisingly I wasn’t out wearing a cropped top within a week on a night out 🥴

Reactions: 9
the one thing I took away was they are idiots. He went off to walk the dog miles away when she had an apt & didn’t even have the bloody baby bag in the car when they knew she had cholestitis & realistically it was any day that baby was
Coming.
this is true, never actually thought of how silly this part is. I had my bags at the door at 35 weeks. my husband is useless with his phone was warned to always have it nearby & if I rang twice in a row that was my signal that baba was making moves out 🤣

It does seem a bit silly - perhaps it never happened & more dramatised nonsense from Terror & Daveh.

this is true, never actually thought of how silly this part is. I had my bags at the door at 35 weeks. my husband is useless with his phone was warned to always have it nearby & if I rang twice in a row that was my signal that baba was making moves out 🤣

It does seem a bit silly - perhaps it never happened & more dramatised nonsense from Terror & Daveh.
My bags were in the car from 32 weeks because I was at threat on delivering early. They were taken to every single appointment. It’s just common sense.

and also they spent the first 10 mins or so talking about what a wild child Perth is. How mad & crazy she is like her ma. Jesus wept .

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I didn't put the bag in the car until I was leaving for the hosp! 😂 Anyway, let's not do the "well nmmyyyyyy pregnancy / birth" chat again, as we had it a year and a half ago when the child was born! Everyone is different!

She is really really fucked for content if she's bringing this out. I'd say she has kept that as a wildcard in her back pocket for whenever she was stuck and that time has come. She's drying up! Do we reckon she still has a big fan base? I doubt late teens, early 20s have much interest in her!

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I didn't put the bag in the car until I was leaving for the hosp! 😂 Anyway, let's not do the "well nmmyyyyyy pregnancy / birth" chat again, as we had it a year and a half ago when the child was born! Everyone is different!

She is really really fucked for content if she's bringing this out. I'd say she has kept that as a wildcard in her back pocket for whenever she was stuck and that time has come. She's drying up! Do we reckon she still has a big fan base? I doubt late teens, early 20s have much interest in her!
I don’t really know who her target audience would be anymore. Nothing she posts is relatable, and the same content is recycled on repeat.

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.