Terrible arguments with friends

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My best friend at uni organised an Anne Summers party which I told her I wouldn’t go to as I find the whole premise of them utter cringe. I was very clear I wasn’t going and she said she was ok about it. Halfway through the party she starts trying to kick my bedroom door open (thankfully it was locked) so I kept silent and she stopped.
The next day the rest of our flat of 6 weren’t speaking to me because of my non attendance so I pointed out I had clearly said I wouldn’t go and left. Later that night we were in the student union and she grabs me by the throat and pins me against a wall screaming that I’d ruined her crappy party by not attending!
The rest of that academic year was as fun as you can imagine. Oddly at the end of the year I simply asked who she was living with the next year and the whole flat had rented a house together. She then had the bleeping audacity to burst into tears and turn it round on me by saying she had been trying to tell me and not to dislike her! Utterly bizarre and so glad she is out of my life.
Jesus. What a bleeping nightmare of a person she turned out to be. Violent as well. You are well shot of that

Reactions: 2
She was a total head case, unfortunately I was stuck living with her for a year.
Ironically I introduced her to her husband who was a very quiet and kind guy so god only knows what he has to contend with 🙄

Reactions: 1
What is it in weddings that brings out the worst in people? My one solo bridesmaid lives 150ks from me. During the organising of my wedding she came over to stay for a few nights, and we were to go to the city to pick out a wedding dress/bridesmaid dress. City is 300 ks away.

at the time we shared a housing complex with some mates, and she went out with these guys the night before our big shopping trip. I hadn’t seen her for months and had planned a meal etc to catch up. She didn’t come home all night, stumbled in at about six in the morning, we had to be gone by seven. She was still magotted when she came home.

she was vile all day, just the worst hungover witch
You could imagine. I was so cross with her. One stupid day was all I asked.

and then later on when I was her bridesmaid, one of three, it was a disaster from start to finish. she made us stay at a particular hotel ($400 a night and we had to be there two nights) and then stayed a different hotel. She made me pay for my dress, my shoes, my hair and makeup and then I was still expected to go thirds with the other bridesmaids for a very particular present she’d told us she wanted us to buy.

I don’t see her anymore. She told me I was not happy enough for her when she had her children. Don’t know what else I couldhave done there.

I do think I’m better off without her.

• Wow
Reactions: 6
What is it in weddings that brings out the worst in people? My one solo bridesmaid lives 150ks from me. During the organising of my wedding she came over to stay for a few nights, and we were to go to the city to pick out a wedding dress/bridesmaid dress. City is 300 ks away.

at the time we shared a housing complex with some mates, and she went out with these guys the night before our big shopping trip. I hadn’t seen her for months and had planned a meal etc to catch up. She didn’t come home all night, stumbled in at about six in the morning, we had to be gone by seven. She was still magotted when she came home.

she was vile all day, just the worst hungover witch
You could imagine. I was so cross with her. One stupid day was all I asked.

and then later on when I was her bridesmaid, one of three, it was a disaster from start to finish. she made us stay at a particular hotel ($400 a night and we had to be there two nights) and then stayed a different hotel. She made me pay for my dress, my shoes, my hair and makeup and then I was still expected to go thirds with the other bridesmaids for a very particular present she’d told us she wanted us to buy.

I don’t see her anymore. She told me I was not happy enough for her when she had her children. Don’t know what else I couldhave done there.

I do think I’m better off without her.
How horrible of her! I don't have time for people like that anymore! I feel the same, better off!

Because of what I went through I'm super chill with my bridesmaids, I really relaxed my expectations for the dresses and told them all I'd rather they wear something they're comfy in and cover the cost for them so they don't have to worry. It's ridiculous what bridesmaids are expected to pay out for these days!

So far because I've been so chill there haven't been any arguments! Hope it stays that way!

Reactions: 5
It really is weddings that ruin friendships isn't 🤣

I don't speak to my entire friendship now as a result of pre-wedding antics (among other stuff but was mostly fueled by the pre wedding antics). I'm not into little girl playground bullshit so I was like yeah I do not want any part of this, kept it civil until the wedding as it was too late to back out and then said left the group the night of the wedding when I arrived home.

Reactions: 3
Weddings and Hen do’s really do ruin friendships.

I’ve fallen out with 2 friends this year over a hen do and now another following the fall out from then hen Do.

I don’t have time for pettiness or bridezillas.

By the sounds of these stories, most of you haven’t lost friends, you’ve gained peace in your life.

Last edited:
Reactions: 18
Weddings and Hen do’s really do ruin friendships.

I’ve fallen out with 2 friends this year over a hen do and now another following the fall out from then hen Do.

I don’t have time for pettiness or bridezillas.

By the sounds of these stories, most of you haven’t lost friends, you’ve gained peace in your life.
I definitely gained peace although they pop up occasionally but I think it's cause they feel like I should want to be their friend as I was bottom of the hierachy and it baffles them that someone that they didn't care about at all and just wanted to boost them up and give them their clique doesn't want to know them. That's the problem when you have girls who still have clique mentality from school, they rocked when you leave the group as it pulls down their whole hierachy. In their minds, I should have been chasing their friendship because in the hierachy they were higher than me.

I definitely gained peace although they pop up occasionally but I think it's cause they feel like I should want to be their friend as I was bottom of the hierachy and it baffles them that someone that they didn't care about at all and just wanted to boost them up and give them their clique doesn't want to know them. That's the problem when you have girls who still have clique mentality from school, they rocked when you leave the group as it pulls down their whole hierachy. In their minds, I should have been chasing their friendship because in the hierachy they were higher than me.
yep, exactly. One of my old friends that I fell out with was only happy in the friendship when my life was not going well, people like that have major insecurities and have to cling onto something to make themselves feel better.
Well done for not chasing.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
yep, exactly. One of my old friends that I fell out with was only happy in the friendship when my life was not going well, people like that have major insecurities and have to cling onto something to make themselves feel better.
Well done for not chasing.
You only see it after youre out as well, especially when you've been friends since you were teens for example. I always sort of knew it with them but it was fine cause I had plenty of other friends whereas they didn't. The wedding did change their behaviour a lot though and there was very clearly a divide when she announced the bridesmaids. The funny thing was, they really wanted me to care that I wasn't bridesmaid and they were but I just didn't. It'd have been weirder if I was asked to be one instead of not being asked tbh 😂

Reactions: 2
A major fall out can be an eye opener of your friendship imo. It can go either way.

My primary friendship group consisted of four. One *was* my best friend and who I would say is the "main girl" of this group. Not because she is alpha, but for the fact she is very bubbly and certainly has a motor mouth but she needs constant reassurance and attention. She has BPD so I totally get it but at the same time, the constant need for attention wore really thin when I had a baby last year and if I did not reply to her messages right away she would ask if she had done anything wrong or if I had fallen out with her. I always replied, just not right away. I got frustrated and we ended up yelling at eachother over the phone, she even said I was out of order for not having her as my birth partner in her anger (I had my sister). Next time we all met up, it was so awkward, she started declaring another in the group as her "bestie" as she had grown closer to her. They became so co-depenadant and quite exclusive to each other to the point myself and even outsiders had thought they had become an item. I saw less of my best friend as a result. Anyhow, she eventually fell out with the other girl recently, me and the forth girl in the group knew it was going to happen, it was like watching a car crash (it was very very messy, lots of bitching, accusations) and they now no longer talk at all. The group has kind of dissolved. We no longer all meet up. I see very little of them. My "best friend" I have seen on her own since but she just seems different. It seems awkward, it just isn't the same. It almost feels like I am being used, as a back up plan for someone to depend on. It just doesn't feel like a natural friendship anymore. I don't know if anyone can relate but it is such a shame.

I think it can be quite a depressing and lonely time too.

Reactions: 4
I’ve had a few fall outs with friends over the years. When I was 18 my entire friendship group fell out with me because I told one of the girls the truth- that her bf split up with her because he cheated. Apparently we’d all agreed not to tell her. I stand by what I did and in the end we all made up but it still makes me a bit angry.
My ex SIL was an absolute nightmare. She fell out with me all the time- once because I couldn’t go to her hen do due to university, once because I didn’t like enough of her FB statuses. Then when I split with my ex at the time we were on good terms but two weeks later she was spreading around that I couldn’t be trusted (for no reason I could think of)

does anyone else after falling out with friends, who were probably crappy all along, remember all the things that they said to you and just think "wow I cannot believe I let someone speak to me like that?!"

Reactions: 11
It's no wonder your friends have fallen out with you, you seem a very obsessive unhappy person.
Excuse me? What gives you that impression? Also keen to know why you feel the need to personally attack someone you don’t even know.

Are you buzzbee’s ex mate anna? 😳
No, she thinks I’m obsessed with her because I disagreed with her posts over a couple of threads. By mere coincidence, I don’t actively seek people out to disagree with them believe it or not. Ain’t nobody got time for that. 🙄

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 17
Mine was a bridezilla/hen party episode too. I planned her hen party, she told me it wasn’t good enough and asked me to downgrade from maid of honour to a guest. this was my friend of 20 years and I’ve not spoken to her since.

she owes me £1000s in therapy though 😂 #trustissues
I think I read about this story of yours on the Hen Do Gone Wrong thread. She wasn't happy with the trip to the beach you arranged, was she?

I had a major argument with a close friend over something very trivial (I can't even remember what, now - I vaguely think it might have been an opinion I expressed over a TV series) but led her to say that she felt I was too concerned with shallow things and didn't pay her enough attention. We had a shouting match and, not being the calmest and most rational person on earth, I was all "sod this, the ball is in her court, if she wants to talk she'll have to approach me first." That night, I dreamed of my sister telling me to apologise to her and first thing in the morning I was sobbing down the phone saying I was sorry. Anyway we've made up now :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
I’ve had a few fall outs with friends over the years. When I was 18 my entire friendship group fell out with me because I told one of the girls the truth- that her bf split up with her because he cheated. Apparently we’d all agreed not to tell her. I stand by what I did and in the end we all made up but it still makes me a bit angry.
My ex SIL was an absolute nightmare. She fell out with me all the time- once because I couldn’t go to her hen do due to university, once because I didn’t like enough of her FB statuses. Then when I split with my ex at the time we were on good terms but two weeks later she was spreading around that I couldn’t be trusted (for no reason I could think of)
This is why I do not get involved in peoples intimate relationships anymore.

I am friends with my partners brothers girlfriend. We aren't in each other's pockets but we are friendly. He cheats on her all the time. I told her of a definite time I knew of and had witnessed for myself. I have the mentality where they deserve to know because I would like to know someone would tell me. She confronted him, they broke up. My gosh, they were back together the next day, both of them called me a trouble maker and made me out to be a liar and so did she. But either way I bore the brunt, I took quite alot of abuse from them both for weeks. We did eventually fizzle back in touch when I had my baby and it became the same again. However she has recently been hounding my inbox for weeks when he goes missing at the weekends asking if he is cheating on her and for reassurance. I know he isn't on benders, he goes to stay with an old hook up in the next town. I feel bad for not saying anything, but I wont. She is notorious for falling out with her other friends whenever they tell her too. It's always on Facebook in it's full glory whenever she does... she calls everybody jealous. So what can one do other than watch the car crash and sit back with the popcorn?

• Sad
Reactions: 7
This is why I do not get involved in peoples intimate relationships anymore.

I am friends with my partners brothers girlfriend. We aren't in each other's pockets but we are friendly. He cheats on her all the time. I told her of a definite time I knew of and had witnessed for myself. I have the mentality where they deserve to know because I would like to know someone would tell me. She confronted him, they broke up. My gosh, they were back together the next day, both of them called me a trouble maker and made me out to be a liar and so did she. But either way I bore the brunt, I took quite alot of abuse from them both for weeks. We did eventually fizzle back in touch when I had my baby and it became the same again. However she has recently been hounding my inbox for weeks when he goes missing at the weekends asking if he is cheating on her and for reassurance. I know he isn't on benders, he goes to stay with an old hook up in the next town. I feel bad for not saying anything, but I wont. She is notorious for falling out with her other friends whenever they tell her too. It's always on Facebook in it's full glory whenever she does... she calls everybody jealous. So what can one do other than watch the car crash and sit back with the popcorn?
What an awful position for you to be in. I can’t believe he had the brass neck to call you a trouble maker that’s laughable. Convenient for him though that the negative attention was on you. I think I’d end up shouting at them both that he’s cheating, she knows it and I don’t want anything more to do with their car crash relationship. Some people are just unbelievable!

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I had a best friend of 10 years then she got a bf who was 10 years older then her, she moved into his flat within 2 months and were engaged soon after. I had a horrific ectopic pregnancy and had to be rushed for emergency surgery just before Christmas, 2 weeks later she announced she was pregnant, I was happy for her but devastated at the same time. She spent the whole pregnancy saying how amazing being pregnant was etc while I struggled to get pregnant again.
Soon after the baby was born she had booked her wedding and asked me to be her only bridesmaid, then she decided she wanted a big wedding so added 5 more, which was obviously absolutely fine with me until it came to planning her hen do.
I finally got pregnant after months of emotional hell, and she chose the weekend after my due date for the hen. I planned as much as I could but she wanted a whole weekend in Bournemouth, male strippers, cocktail making, hotel stays etc. The other bridesmaids were texting me everyday expecting me to pay for it all, then wait and collect the money from the 15 other people invited, back then i wasnt in the financial position to be able to do that, and it was honestly so stressful. I told her that I was happy to plan it with her but with it being so close to my due date, and a long awaited baby, I wouldn't be leaving my baby for a long weekend away. She sent me aload of abusive messages, posted a massive post on fb about having 2 of the other bridesmaids as maid of honours and how lucky she was to have girls like that in her life then blocked me on all socials and I haven't seen or spoken to her since. That was 8 years ago.

Jeeze that was longed winded, hope it makes sense 😬

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 15