Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Gembo

VIP Member
Women can just be so awful! I think the only friend I’ve had proper shouting arguments with was a male friend and we were like brother and sister so we could yell and cry at each other, not talk for a day then just meet up and be back to best friends. But I’ve had so many bad experiences with females since I was at school that even the really close female friends I have now I think I still keep at enough of a distance that I don’t think they could really hurt me.

One if the most upsetting was in the last few years, my mum was terminally ill which they knew and I’d moved into look after her. It was a really distressing time. There were a few of us who’d had a WhatsApp group chat for years. My phone has been going off all day but I’d been so busy with mum I didn’t have time to look until later when there were over 100 messages. One of my friends was making jokes about her disastrous love life and she’s generally pretty good at making fun of herself. I sent a meme I thought she’d find funny especially as she was making jokes but for some reason she took offence to it. I felt like she humiliated me in front of the others, I apologised to her on the group chat and privately. She’s known me for years and I pointed out to her she knew me well enough to know I’d never try to hurt her and that I just thought she’d find it funny. She just wasn’t having any of it. They all stopped using the group chat so I knew they must have set up another and I didn’t hear from any of them for about 6 months when suddenly out of the blue they started using the group chat again and invited me out for one of their birthdays. I just felt too uncomfortable so I said no. Since then my mum and my dad have both died really close together and only one of them contacted me. I’m not one for confrontation or fighting so I just unfollowed them all and know that I’m far better off without them if that’s how it’s going to be but I still find it all a bit ridiculous and I couldn’t believe they’d behave that way towards me when they knew the turmoil I was in 🙄

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 28

Pinkblush

VIP Member
Self absorbed birthdayzilla. Bit like hen nights. It seems to turn a person into an irrational melt.

• Haha
Reactions: 24

Rxt156

VIP Member
What’s the worst argument you’ve ever had with a friend? Has it been the same since?

I has a major fall out with one of my best friend as I had to leave her birthday night out early as I was up for work early the next day. She was funny on the night as I left and would send me arseholey texts for days and days after (some which I ignored. Some which contained simply STUPID suggestions that I should’ve booked the day off work for her birthday 😂) we had a nice time up until I left but she hated that I had to go early. I was hounded for ages with messages and we argued a lot.

Almost 10 years later it’s still not the same. Totally ruined over one night out😱

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 23

InstaFamous

Oh boy do I have one for here. My best friend and MOH met my brother at my wedding and romance followed. A few months later I had a life changing accident that’s left me with a disability. Seven months post accident we were invited to visit them for brothers birthday. I was still recovering a couldn’t attend (would have been a ten hour car journey) so apologised and sent our best wishes. Noticed over the next few weeks she was off with me, so asked her outright what was wrong. Got a very long reply berating me for not coming to the party she arranged and how rude that was and showed I wasn’t committed to our friendship. When I apologised and reached out to my brother to check if all was ok with him, he let me know he was really unhappy that “your health issues got in the way of [girlfriends] happiness”. It’s been four years and we’ve still not spoken, and I’m still living with the disability and would still be unable to attend a party like that even now. Don’t miss my friend, but miss who I thought she was.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 23

Mulholland Drive

VIP Member
When I was about 15 and at Girls-only High School, I quickly began to realise my sexual preferences were with my fellow sex. So much so I got round to confiding and later dating a girl in a year higher than me.

It was a wonderful adventure - to begin with. But perhaps she got bored of me or something because I soon realised she was talking about me behind my back. Which would explain some of the hurtful jibes I was getting from my school mates.

There was the inevitable confrontation, and she was amazingly blunt about her confessions in that she just saw me as another "easy target" to be "abused and then tossed aside for the lols"

I was very angry but there was nothing much I could do since she had a large circle of "friends" to protect her. But it later transpired she was a calculating and spiteful bitch, who subsequently failed her exams and never achieved anything of note, if her Facebook page was to believed.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 21

Norfolking Good

VIP Member
My best friend at uni organised an Anne Summers party which I told her I wouldn’t go to as I find the whole premise of them utter cringe. I was very clear I wasn’t going and she said she was ok about it. Halfway through the party she starts trying to kick my bedroom door open (thankfully it was locked) so I kept silent and she stopped.
The next day the rest of our flat of 6 weren’t speaking to me because of my non attendance so I pointed out I had clearly said I wouldn’t go and left. Later that night we were in the student union and she grabs me by the throat and pins me against a wall screaming that I’d ruined her shitty party by not attending!
The rest of that academic year was as fun as you can imagine. Oddly at the end of the year I simply asked who she was living with the next year and the whole flat had rented a house together. She then had the fucking audacity to burst into tears and turn it round on me by saying she had been trying to tell me and not to hate her! Utterly bizarre and so glad she is out of my life.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 19

Pinkii

VIP Member
Weddings and Hen do’s really do ruin friendships.

I’ve fallen out with 2 friends this year over a hen do and now another following the fall out from then hen Do.

I don’t have time for pettiness or bridezillas.

By the sounds of these stories, most of you haven’t lost friends, you’ve gained peace in your life.

Last edited:
Reactions: 18

LittleMy

VIP Member
It's no wonder your friends have fallen out with you, you seem a very obsessive unhappy person.
Excuse me? What gives you that impression? Also keen to know why you feel the need to personally attack someone you don’t even know.

Are you buzzbee’s ex mate anna? 😳
No, she thinks I’m obsessed with her because I disagreed with her posts over a couple of threads. By mere coincidence, I don’t actively seek people out to disagree with them believe it or not. Ain’t nobody got time for that. 🙄

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 17

Guitarwarrior

VIP Member
A girl I used to be friends with decided her being pregnant was much more important than my dying grandmother who I’d being helping to look after.

Most of mine and my families day revolved around hospital visiting hours and travel some of the time when she’d been moved to another hospital (our local nhs trust is made up of 2 big general hospitals and three much smaller ones used as recuperation and routine minor stuff) Atthe time my gran was going between our local general and the smaller one half an hour away.

She’d never once text me asking if there was anything her,her mum or her gran all of whom lived either on my road or round the corner could do. Then rather than message me about it proceeded to publicly bitch about me on insta and Facebook.

She also decided I couldn’t come to her baby shower because I couldn’t give her a definite answer four months in advance again this is all whilst my Nan was poorly and eventually passed.

Safe to say we’re not longer friends. But the girl had form for dropping and falling out with friends for the most ridiculous reasons. Various people came and went out of her friendship group.

• Sad
  • Wow

ClockworkDolly

VIP Member
I went on a hen do and the bride was fucked and wanted to go home early. I went back too but some girls wanted to stay out. So I said, it’s your holiday too, stay out. The rest of the weekend they made my life a living hell because it wasn’t anyone else’s holiday, it was her hen. I was bullied to the point of panic attacks and I couldn’t fly home early because the flight was £700. I’d sit on a sun lounger and they’d all get up and move to the other side of the pool. Her sister screamed at me in a restaurant to the point the whole place went silent. It all caused me a nervous breakdown and three years on I’m still on medication. I’ve never felt so attacked in my life. Every so often I see the bride or one of her cronies and it sends me into complete meltdown.
Apart from that I’ve loved every hen do I’ve been on.
Oh what a bunch of nasty bitches. One day they will get their comeuppance.

• Heart

Laur91

VIP Member
Mine was a bridezilla/hen party episode too. I planned her hen party, she told me it wasn’t good enough and asked me to downgrade from maid of honour to a guest. this was my friend of 20 years and I’ve not spoken to her since.

she owes me £1000s in therapy though 😂 #trustissues

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 16

Rbarb-bkini

OK so another story, this is one that revolved around a friend's wedding. This is a long one, as it was a journey for me to realise how toxic this group of girls were.
Had a group of 3 friends I made during uni, (A), (B) and (C). By the end of uni they all had long-term boyfriends who all got along and joined our group too. To add, I was probably closest to C even though I had known A a bit longer.
C and her partner set me up with my now fiancé, which is a story in itself, but the fact they ended up not liking him was a catalyst in this particular story.
C and her partner got engaged. As soon as hen do plans got going there was drama, between our friend group and her other friend group. C ended up having FOUR different hen parties.
But the bridesmaids dresses somehow became the biggest issue. I tried on one I wasn't keen on and got ganged up on. I told C I'd happily wear whatever but knew she didn't love that dress anyway.
She picked one at a shop on a day some of us weren't available and sent us a photo of the dress saying something like "This is what you're wearing, end of." as if she didn't want a massive issue. The dress was lovely so I tried to overlook it.
Got measured for the dresses but when they came back I had put on a bit of weight in that time and mine didn't fit. I was devastated. I didn't know what to do but knew I'd eventually have to get in touch with the seamstress. B got in touch with me, asking me what I was going to do about my dress as if it was this huge problem that was holding up the wedding. It was obvious C had put her up to it (C hates confrontation/arguments) and B said to me "Have you thought about just losing some weight?" (Yes, seriously)
I was so shocked at the time, I can't remember what my response was. The seamstress actually managed to take it out and it fit me fine, so it was not as big a problem as they made it out to be.
I was also shunned from all of the wedding planning. They would go to bridal shows and not invite me. They once planned one in our group chat without specifically inviting me, I had to ASK if I could come.
I also kept asking C if there was anything I could do to help with the wedding but she was always like "Hm, not really" but then was having the other friends do stuff like make-up trials etc.
The worst was the actual hen do in Prague. Bridesmaid A was meant to plan it but somehow B, (MOH) took over planning the whole thing, and then "delegated" tasks to us because she was so busy. I was asked to look into prices for the Baths and what would be best but then she disregarded it all anyway and went with what she thought would be better.
I wanted to transfer B the money for the accommodation in advance so I would have more spending money when I was there but she told me we would sort it out later. I ended up handing over nearly half my spending money to her whilst we were there and by the end of the weekend I had no money left. I'm sure one of them snapped at me when I dared to moan about it.
Was meant to be sharing a room with A but she ditched me to share a room with C's SIL instead. It was also exhausting as we only flew out for one night so spent a majority of the weekend travelling. I came back from that weekend and cried.
Other times when we would be together they would say things that made me realise they were doing things without me. They even had pre's together once before I met up with them for drinks in town, and lied about it.
When the wedding finally came around they were perfectly civil with me on the day.
Then I saw a video the next day where all the bridesmaids had got on stage to sing together so was annoyed I had been left out of that too.
I then didn't hear from any of them for months until C told me the wedding photos were ready. We messaged a few times and then one day I found out they'd gone out for a meal and not invited me. And then had gone out for B's birthday and not invited me. They did this both times by posting a photo on Facebook so they knew I would see it. A also put up a Happy Birthday post for B and had cropped me out!
I decided that was the last straw and that I was better off without them. The fact that C participated and enabled all of this hurt me the most as I felt closest to her.
A and B have now unfriended me on Facebook. C hasn't, but haven't heard from her in 3 years. They all live on the same street together now 🙄
I'm sure from their point of view they don't think they did anything wrong, but they truly have no idea how much their actions fucked me up to this day, and I'll never really know what I did to deserve all that. Sorry this was so long but it weighs on me so much and I hate that they still live rent-free in my mind when I don't want them to.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 16

Hastaggifted

VIP Member
I had a best friend of 10 years then she got a bf who was 10 years older then her, she moved into his flat within 2 months and were engaged soon after. I had a horrific ectopic pregnancy and had to be rushed for emergency surgery just before Christmas, 2 weeks later she announced she was pregnant, I was happy for her but devastated at the same time. She spent the whole pregnancy saying how amazing being pregnant was etc while I struggled to get pregnant again.
Soon after the baby was born she had booked her wedding and asked me to be her only bridesmaid, then she decided she wanted a big wedding so added 5 more, which was obviously absolutely fine with me until it came to planning her hen do.
I finally got pregnant after months of emotional hell, and she chose the weekend after my due date for the hen. I planned as much as I could but she wanted a whole weekend in Bournemouth, male strippers, cocktail making, hotel stays etc. The other bridesmaids were texting me everyday expecting me to pay for it all, then wait and collect the money from the 15 other people invited, back then i wasnt in the financial position to be able to do that, and it was honestly so stressful. I told her that I was happy to plan it with her but with it being so close to my due date, and a long awaited baby, I wouldn't be leaving my baby for a long weekend away. She sent me aload of abusive messages, posted a massive post on fb about having 2 of the other bridesmaids as maid of honours and how lucky she was to have girls like that in her life then blocked me on all socials and I haven't seen or spoken to her since. That was 8 years ago.

Jeeze that was longed winded, hope it makes sense 😬

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 15

tskiry56

I had a friend who me and my sister were friends with at middle school going into upper school. She then ended up mixing with a different group of friends in 6th form deleted us from Fb etc. She had a child then I had one and she got in touch for a bit. Then she drifted off again. Then I split with my ex due to dv and she was first at the door wanting to know what happened! Not long after my Nan died and she wanted to know how what when and even come to the funeral. Then radio silence, a few months after my pap died and again she come to the funeral. Three years have gone by and no contact. She even got married and asked for a job where our mum works! Some people just want to be in your life when shit happens for you. But it’s just weird to suddenly disappear out of your life like that.

• Angry

Passthepopcorn

Two examples:
When in school and college I was part of a group of 5 girls. We did everything together, nights out, holidays, the lot. The first incident that happened was my friend was getting married and she asked me to be bridesmaid. I said no as I wasn’t sure as my look is totally different to the others and she said oh don’t worry babe, its not for two years so you’ve got plenty of time to lose weight, dye your hair and get a tan so you fit in with the look of the others. Things weren’t the same after that. I was in a relationship that wasn’t going anywhere so we split up. My friends didn’t like that I’d split up with him as they really liked him and said I was throwing away something good (I really wasn’t) and from that day I was cut out of the group. They used to go out on nights out, not invite me but then tag me in on Facebook saying things like “shame you couldn’t make it” knowing full well I knew nothing about it. I haven’t seen them since, we’re civil on social media but that is all. I’ve no desire to speak to them or be friends with them.

Another example: I’m infertile and had been going through a really rough time with tests and finding out the extent of my infertility and what was causing it and basically getting lots of really bad news and new medical issues on a weekly basis. I told my friends the basics of this to stop them asking when I was having kids but I didn’t go into detail. One of my friends got Pregnant after being with her boyfriend a couple of months. She told me by messaging me the scan photo. This is something I find incredibly distressing given my situation but I always act happy for friends regardless. The bit that caused issues is that she then felt the need to send the scan photo every time she messaged asking me “don’t you think it’s wonderful? I’m so amazed”which I agreed it was wonderful, but extremely distressing for me. In the end I got multiple snap chats over the course of a few days with lots of photos of her pregnancy tests. In the end I snapped and said whilst I was so Unbelievably happy for her and partner the constant barage of texts/photos of scans/tests was extremely upsetting for me as it’s something I’ll never have and to continue sending them to me when you know the situation is really insensitive. She apologised and we haven’t really spoken since and when we do it’s very strained.

• Sad
  • Angry

Welsh1

I was best friends with a girl that I met at work. We became close really quickly, a 10 year friendship. We did everything together, told each other everything, was really close to each others families. Always supported each other. Wouldn't go a day without speaking. More like sisters than best friends. Then one day, she met a man, became pregnant very quickly, turned out he was abusive, addicted to cocaine. I tried to help her as much as I could but she just cut me off. I've sent her countless messages, she reads them & doesn't reply. So that was the end of our friendship. I miss her so much.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 13

Itsallaboutmememe

Chatty Member
Oh god,years ago when my youngest started school she made friends with two lads
i became mates with their mothers
what I couldn’t see,from day one that both women where very controlling and would shut me out if I didn’t do things their way
(id just got away from dv so was very vulnerable)
i was a single mum to 6,one had 6 (5 didn’t live with her/grown adults) (Her fella was on about 40k and one had a kid but was getting married to a rich bloke (who was on about 100k) so she didn’t have to work again(she went on to have kids with him ‘so I’m set up for life’)
it got to the point they’d both start on me for doing basics like shopping at Asda (just do it online!) or buying my kids school shoes/clothes/toys (they had family who would often step in to give them a break or buy the kids what they needed-I didn’t have that)
they tried to get me to decorate my house how they wanted,told my kids some utter bullshit and seemed to think I had loads of money-that should only be spent on them
heavens forbid I bought myself a ‘treat’ like shower gel!
theyd think nothing of raiding my fridge to save them from feeding their kids even though they where in a lot more money than me
theyd help themselves to anything they fancied but I was unreasonable to ask for it back
i once went Xmas shopping and they both yelled at me for wasting money even though I’d saved for it all year
anyway one went into labour-I had her kid and I had to take her kid from school to home with mine in tow as she was ill and dad couldn’t do it (meant to be working but was often at the pub)
id often babysit at my own expense but they never offered back to help me out
I slogged my guts out trying to make them happy/stop them from having a go for about two years
it got to the point I’d feel guilty for buying basics cos I knew they’d have a pop at me
anyway it got to my daughters 5th birthday-I spent a fortune on crap for the guests (those two kids,my mates kids and my own)
they just didn’t show up-even though they had said the day before they would (free childcare) and didn’t answer my messages

they when went on a spree of slagging me off to anyone who would listen (mainly other mums) and I was frozen out of about 99% of the school groups and my lot got bullied because of it

it ended up with us moving away from the area to get away (along with other issues) and I’ll never forget just how bitchy and nasty they where
there was no need-once they couldn’t control me they turned-I’m wary to this day of other women

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 12

ChubsterMcGubster

No major arguments here as I cannot stand confrontation, but I do have a couple of friends over the years that I have gradually cut off contact with.
With one It got to the point where the friendship wasn’t equal, it was always me doing the running, her always cancelling etc. With the other, she was just generally quite a nasty person and I always left her company feeling really shitty about myself (she’s make sly comments about my looks etc).
There’s obviously a lot more to it than all of that ^^, but with both of them I realised that I’m worth more than they were offering, and I haven’t looked back since!

Reactions: 11

birdiefly246

VIP Member
does anyone else after falling out with friends, who were probably shitty all along, remember all the things that they said to you and just think "wow I cannot believe I let someone speak to me like that?!"

Reactions: 11