Terrible arguments with friends

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
What’s the worst argument you’ve ever had with a friend? Has it been the same since?

I has a major fall out with one of my best friend as I had to leave her birthday night out early as I was up for work early the next day. She was funny on the night as I left and would send me arseholey texts for days and days after (some which I ignored. Some which contained simply STUPID suggestions that I should’ve booked the day off work for her birthday 😂) we had a nice time up until I left but she hated that I had to go early. I was hounded for ages with messages and we argued a lot.

Almost 10 years later it’s still not the same. Totally ruined over one night out😱

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 23
Self absorbed birthdayzilla. Bit like hen nights. It seems to turn a person into an irrational melt.

• Haha
Reactions: 24
What’s the worst argument you’ve ever had with a friend? Has it been the same since?

I has a major fall out with one of my best friend as I had to leave her birthday night out early as I was up for work early the next day. She was funny on the night as I left and would send me arseholey texts for days and days after (some which I ignored. Some which contained simply STUPID suggestions that I should’ve booked the day off work for her birthday 😂) we had a nice time up until I left but she hated that I had to go early. I was hounded for ages with messages and we argued a lot.

Almost 10 years later it’s still not the same. Totally ruined over one night out😱
I know a girl like that. Texts you to remind you to book time off for her birthday 😂
What about my birthday 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 9
A girl I used to be friends with decided her being pregnant was much more important than my dying grandmother who I’d being helping to look after.

Most of mine and my families day revolved around hospital visiting hours and travel some of the time when she’d been moved to another hospital (our local nhs trust is made up of 2 big general hospitals and three much smaller ones used as recuperation and routine minor stuff) Atthe time my gran was going between our local general and the smaller one half an hour away.

She’d never once text me asking if there was anything her,her mum or her gran all of whom lived either on my road or round the corner could do. Then rather than message me about it proceeded to publicly witch about me on insta and Facebook.

She also decided I couldn’t come to her baby shower because I couldn’t give her a definite answer four months in advance again this is all whilst my Nan was poorly and eventually passed.

Safe to say we’re not longer friends. But the girl had form for dropping and falling out with friends for the most ridiculous reasons. Various people came and went out of her friendship group.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 17
I had a gay best friend who I met purely by accident when we were both meeting other people at the same place. They were both really late, and we ended up talking and finding out we were at the same college and became good friends.
Turns out he was really controlling and it all came to a head when I kissed a lad in the pub and the gay bestie went off it and told me i wasn't allowed to go out with the pub lad . So we had a massive falling out. Looking back there were so many other signs of him being controlling

• Wow
Reactions: 9
When I was about 15 and at Girls-only High School, I quickly began to realise my sexual preferences were with my fellow sex. So much so I got round to confiding and later dating a girl in a year higher than me.

It was a wonderful adventure - to begin with. But perhaps she got bored of me or something because I soon realised she was talking about me behind my back. Which would explain some of the hurtful jibes I was getting from my school mates.

There was the inevitable confrontation, and she was amazingly blunt about her confessions in that she just saw me as another "easy target" to be "abused and then tossed aside for the lols"

I was very angry but there was nothing much I could do since she had a large circle of "friends" to protect her. But it later transpired she was a calculating and spiteful witch, who subsequently failed her exams and never achieved anything of note, if her Facebook page was to believed.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 21
I have a friend who can be very difficult and takes things you say the wrong way. 🙄🙄🙄

Kicked off coz I said I wasn’t going to be able to afford to go on her hen (it was abroad and I was buying a house) but that wasn’t good enough for her! I didn’t go though!

Has also been funny on nights out in the past when I’ve left early so much fuss that I took to sneaking off in the end and texting in the taxi. Just to add I hadn’t left her alone there was always a group of us out and girls I knew she had to get a taxi with at the end of the night.

Reactions: 6
When I was about 15 and at Girls-only High School, I quickly began to realise my sexual preferences were with my fellow sex. So much so I got round to confiding and later dating a girl in a year higher than me.

It was a wonderful adventure - to begin with. But perhaps she got bored of me or something because I soon realised she was talking about me behind my back. Which would explain some of the hurtful jibes I was getting from my school mates.

There was the inevitable confrontation, and she was amazingly blunt about her confessions in that she just saw me as another "easy target" to be "abused and then tossed aside for the lols"

I was very angry but there was nothing much I could do since she had a large circle of "friends" to protect her. But it later transpired she was a calculating and spiteful witch, who subsequently failed her exams and never achieved anything of note, if her Facebook page was to believed.
That is terrible but I am glad that she got what she deserved in the end (naff all!)

I have a friend who can be very difficult and takes things you say the wrong way. 🙄🙄🙄

Kicked off coz I said I wasn’t going to be able to afford to go on her hen (it was abroad and I was buying a house) but that wasn’t good enough for her! I didn’t go though!

Has also been funny on nights out in the past when I’ve left early so much fuss that I took to sneaking off in the end and texting in the taxi. Just to add I hadn’t left her alone there was always a group of us out and girls I knew she had to get a taxi with at the end of the night.
Also terrible! Why do these pals feel that they can dictate what we do and when we do it. CBA for that!

Thanks for sharing

Reactions: 2
My male friends always fallout with me about men. We’ve had some blazing rows over them but the dust always settles.

Reactions: 1
I remember this friend invited me to their hen night. The friendship was kinda strained anyway, I had not long had a baby 3 months prior, and was breastfeeding (plus the usual feeling crap about my body etc). So I declined and apologised because logistically it just wasn’t feasible due to not being able to express enough milk for the time I’d be gone (it’s really not as easy to express milk as people think!). As a mother herself I thought she would get it, even without the breastfeeding element.

I could tell she was pissed off. She had a child of her own, but used formula from the off so her experiences of feeding her kid as a baby were different to mine. She posted some snarky comment on social media about how some parents are gonna end up creating ‘clingy children’ because they don’t know how to let go or some bullshit, clearly aimed at me because she was salty. My child was 12 weeks old for fucks sake. This was years ago and the child in question is in no way ‘clingy’ today.

Not sure if this counts as it wasn’t necessarily an argument, at least not a full blown shouty one. But after the wedding, which I only went to because my partner was good friends with the groom, I never spoke to her again. She had a habit of causing issues by not talking to people when she had a problem with someone and instead posting vague passive aggressive tit on social media, so tiresome.

I went on a hen do and the bride was fucked and wanted to go home early. I went back too but some girls wanted to stay out. So I said, it’s your holiday too, stay out. The rest of the weekend they made my life a living hell because it wasn’t anyone else’s holiday, it was her hen. I was bullied to the point of panic attacks and I couldn’t fly home early because the flight was £700. I’d sit on a sun lounger and they’d all get up and move to the other side of the pool. Her sister screamed at me in a restaurant to the point the whole place went silent. It all caused me a nervous breakdown and three years on I’m still on medication. I’ve never felt so attacked in my life. Every so often I see the bride or one of her cronies and it sends me into complete meltdown.
Apart from that I’ve loved every hen do I’ve been on.
That is terrible. I’m so sorry they put you through that.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
I had a friend who me and my sister were friends with at middle school going into upper school. She then ended up mixing with a different group of friends in 6th form deleted us from Fb etc. She had a child then I had one and she got in touch for a bit. Then she drifted off again. Then I split with my ex due to dv and she was first at the door wanting to know what happened! Not long after my Nan died and she wanted to know how what when and even come to the funeral. Then radio silence, a few months after my pap died and again she come to the funeral. Three years have gone by and no contact. She even got married and asked for a job where our mum works! Some people just want to be in your life when tit happens for you. But it’s just weird to suddenly disappear out of your life like that.

• Angry
Reactions: 15
I went on a hen do and the bride was fucked and wanted to go home early. I went back too but some girls wanted to stay out. So I said, it’s your holiday too, stay out. The rest of the weekend they made my life a living hell because it wasn’t anyone else’s holiday, it was her hen. I was bullied to the point of panic attacks and I couldn’t fly home early because the flight was £700. I’d sit on a sun lounger and they’d all get up and move to the other side of the pool. Her sister screamed at me in a restaurant to the point the whole place went silent. It all caused me a nervous breakdown and three years on I’m still on medication. I’ve never felt so attacked in my life. Every so often I see the bride or one of her cronies and it sends me into complete meltdown.
Apart from that I’ve loved every hen do I’ve been on.
This is ridiculous! You went home with the bride and was nice to them! I'm so sorry you went through this what a nest of vipers.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
How about this. My nan had just passed, the woman who raised me as my own mother was not around. And my friend started crying about her weight(constantly on a diet with only soups and shakes), so I told her no use in crying that the two of us would join a gym and work out together. Well didn’t she go to everyone we knew saying that I was a horrible bully and verbally attacked her when she was depressed about her weight.

• Wow
  • Sad
I had a friend who me and my sister were friends with at middle school going into upper school. She then ended up mixing with a different group of friends in 6th form deleted us from Fb etc. She had a child then I had one and she got in touch for a bit. Then she drifted off again. Then I split with my ex due to dv and she was first at the door wanting to know what happened! Not long after my Nan died and she wanted to know how what when and even come to the funeral. Then radio silence, a few months after my pap died and again she come to the funeral. Three years have gone by and no contact. She even got married and asked for a job where our mum works! Some people just want to be in your life when tit happens for you. But it’s just weird to suddenly disappear out of your life like that.
These type of people are the worst! Using bastards

I have a “friend” who similarly only pops up when it’s to find out information, create plans to suit their own agenda or boast about their own news

• Sad
A bit off topic and not a fall out (actually a bit pathetic of me to post😂) but a girl i was really good friends with as a kid recently unfriended me on facebook, ok not a big deal as we didn't actually speak but it seems to be only me she has deleted as i can see she still has everyone else we went to school with on her social media. Like...what did i do 😅

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I had been really good friends with someone I met through school for about 6-7 years. Our children were in the same years, our oldest were really good friends. She used to look after my son once a week when he was a baby and I was at work, I asked her to be his godparent. Then one day she took something I said as a criticism. I apologised and tried to explain what I had actually meant but she blanked me for 2 months. Eventually we spoke again and talked it thorough, and we tried to meet up a few times but the friendship was ruined. This was 3 years ago and it still upsets me. I now see that it wasn't the healthiest of relationships but it does make me sad that it ended as it did.

• Sad
Reactions: 8
Women can just be so awful! I think the only friend I’ve had proper shouting arguments with was a male friend and we were like brother and sister so we could yell and cry at each other, not talk for a day then just meet up and be back to best friends. But I’ve had so many bad experiences with females since I was at school that even the really close female friends I have now I think I still keep at enough of a distance that I don’t think they could really hurt me.

One if the most upsetting was in the last few years, my mum was terminally ill which they knew and I’d moved into look after her. It was a really distressing time. There were a few of us who’d had a WhatsApp group chat for years. My phone has been going off all day but I’d been so busy with mum I didn’t have time to look until later when there were over 100 messages. One of my friends was making jokes about her disastrous love life and she’s generally pretty good at making fun of herself. I sent a meme I thought she’d find funny especially as she was making jokes but for some reason she took offence to it. I felt like she humiliated me in front of the others, I apologised to her on the group chat and privately. She’s known me for years and I pointed out to her she knew me well enough to know I’d never try to hurt her and that I just thought she’d find it funny. She just wasn’t having any of it. They all stopped using the group chat so I knew they must have set up another and I didn’t hear from any of them for about 6 months when suddenly out of the blue they started using the group chat again and invited me out for one of their birthdays. I just felt too uncomfortable so I said no. Since then my mum and my dad have both died really close together and only one of them contacted me. I’m not one for confrontation or fighting so I just unfollowed them all and know that I’m far better off without them if that’s how it’s going to be but I still find it all a bit ridiculous and I couldn’t believe they’d behave that way towards me when they knew the turmoil I was in 🙄

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 28
A bit off topic and not a fall out (actually a bit pathetic of me to post😂) but a girl i was really good friends with as a kid recently unfriended me on facebook, ok not a big deal as we didn't actually speak but it seems to be only me she has deleted as i can see she still has everyone else we went to school with on her social media. Like...what did i do 😅
This is one of many reasons why I won't do face ache, you are well rid of her:)

Reactions: 7
This exact same thing happened to me too, with my
childhood best friend. Still no idea what I’ve done, but can see she’s not been on an unfriending spree because she has people she doesn’t even like on there (she’s nosey as duck), and it wasn’t an accident because she’s unfriended my husband too. I don’t get it, but I also can’t be arsed enough to find out now. It upset me at first as we’d been friends since babies.

• Sad
Reactions: 4