Terrible arguments with friends

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
What an awful position for you to be in. I can’t believe he had the brass neck to call you a trouble maker that’s laughable. Convenient for him though that the negative attention was on you. I think I’d end up shouting at them both that he’s cheating, she knows it and I don’t want anything more to do with their car crash relationship. Some people are just unbelievable!
I personally think there is no way she doesn't already know deep down as he goes about it very brazenly, but acceptance is her problem.

Reactions: 3
Excuse me? What gives you that impression? Also keen to know why you feel the need to personally attack someone you don’t even know.

No, she thinks I’m obsessed with her because I disagreed with her posts over a couple of threads. By mere coincidence, I don’t actively seek people out to disagree with them believe it or not. Ain’t nobody got time for that. 🙄
Omg lol, I don't want to pile on Anna but I had just come from reading that other thread where she called you out and honestly was shocked to see it happening here! I don't know you Buzzbee but I would totally ignore her, whatever has happened between you in threads seems to be something she's taking personally and you shouldn't be attacked for sharing this vulnerable moment!

I have loads of friend stories to share lol so will come back after my dinner!

Reactions: 5
I had a best friend of 10 years then she got a bf who was 10 years older then her, she moved into his flat within 2 months and were engaged soon after. I had a horrific ectopic pregnancy and had to be rushed for emergency surgery just before Christmas, 2 weeks later she announced she was pregnant, I was happy for her but devastated at the same time. She spent the whole pregnancy saying how amazing being pregnant was etc while I struggled to get pregnant again.
Soon after the baby was born she had booked her wedding and asked me to be her only bridesmaid, then she decided she wanted a big wedding so added 5 more, which was obviously absolutely fine with me until it came to planning her hen do.
I finally got pregnant after months of emotional hell, and she chose the weekend after my due date for the hen. I planned as much as I could but she wanted a whole weekend in Bournemouth, male strippers, cocktail making, hotel stays etc. The other bridesmaids were texting me everyday expecting me to pay for it all, then wait and collect the money from the 15 other people invited, back then i wasnt in the financial position to be able to do that, and it was honestly so stressful. I told her that I was happy to plan it with her but with it being so close to my due date, and a long awaited baby, I wouldn't be leaving my baby for a long weekend away. She sent me aload of abusive messages, posted a massive post on fb about having 2 of the other bridesmaids as maid of honours and how lucky she was to have girls like that in her life then blocked me on all socials and I haven't seen or spoken to her since. That was 8 years ago.

Jeeze that was longed winded, hope it makes sense 😬
Christ that is terrible. Especially when she knew your due date! Better off without I’d say. That’s what seems to be the general theme of this thread!

Reactions: 6
Funnily enough I'm in the same position with my next door neighbour (we don't talk just say hi, in neighbours thread). He was snapchatting a friend of mine, he was going to take her out. He has a partner and kids 🤦‍♀️

Reactions: 1
This thread makes me so sad and angry!

I had a school friend who moved to a different city from me for uni. She invited me to stay and planned a "fun day" for us. We basically went out to a nightclub that night after a party and I fainted (she said she had booked for us to have dinner out but then laughed and said "eating is cheating") in the club. The next day she so cold, talking about how I had ruined her night. I went home and never heard from her again.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 6
Wasn’t really a fall out more of a peter out but it still hurt. She was my best friend throughout secondary school, 6th form, even uni when we went to different ones we were still as close as could be.
Then in 2015/2016 I was having an awful time in a new job: horrible commute, long hours, bullied by my boss and a team member who was meant to be training me, hardly saw my boyfriend.. my mental health was fucked to say the least. My anxiety reached an extent that couldn’t face going to see her and hanging out with her new friend group (her fellas friends) in her new city for a party (If it had just been me and her it would’ve been okay). I made my apologies but after that things were off but I’m not sure what the actual cause was for her stopping speaking to me. She stopped telling me when she was coming back to see her family when she would have before so we could meet up even if just for a coffee before she got the train home, she avoided making plans when I tried to organise things... I offered to drive up and see her when I had just got my car and licence, no response. The happy birthdays stopped, I ended up hearing about her engagement from facebook. Last thing I knew she hadn’t even invited me to the wedding and asked someone she’d only known for a few years (and frequently bitched to me about) to be her MOH. I deleted her off socials as I found it upsetting to see. Even last year I’d have dreams where I’d see her in person and confront her and ask her to just tell me WHY she cut me out of her life. After being close for so long it really felt like a kick in the stomach. I’m too afraid to reach out again and be rejected.

• Sad
Reactions: 9
When I was younger 6 of us all went on holiday. One of the girls blatently had an eating disorder and all the other girls were talking about her. So I just basically told the poor girl to her face they were all bitching about her. Somehow I ended up the bad one with all but one girl (the one I still speak to).
Also on that holiday the girl I still speak to had been spiked. Everybody left her lying in the toilet and it was me and a random guy who had to break the door of the toilet cubicle down to get her and take her back up to the hotel.
One of those girls keeps trying to wiggle her way back in, commenting on all my posts and DM ing me asking to meet up 🙄 funny she was the ringleader when they were all bitching about me because I left a club with a guy one time! It's like witches round the cauldron. It has totally put me off having a big group of girlfriends because they clearly didn't like me for whatever reason but we're so nice to my face.

Reactions: 5
I think I read about this story of yours on the Hen Do Gone Wrong thread. She wasn't happy with the trip to the beach you arranged, was she?
yeah that’s me! 💕 She had a 2 night stay in Brighton in a pent house flat, dinner booked (which she complained about cos if she knew she was having Italian she wouldn’t have had pizza the night before..) activities (cos she doesn’t drink) and weather was scorching so we could spend loads of time on the beach/outside at bars. Still complained there wasn’t enough to do and wanted things like a “scavenger hunt” which is now an inside joke with all my family and friends.

I know deep down it was the influence of the other girls, they were either her soon-to-be family or work colleagues so she couldn’t risk pissing them off. Therefore I was the collateral damage in it all. She’s a coward and if I saw her in the street now I’d take great pleasure in telling her so, 2 years on I’m still rebuilding my mental health to feel somewhat like the person I was before that train wreck of a weekend!

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
yeah that’s me! 💕 She had a 2 night stay in Brighton in a pent house flat, dinner booked (which she complained about cos if she knew she was having Italian she wouldn’t have had pizza the night before..) activities (cos she doesn’t drink) and weather was scorching so we could spend loads of time on the beach/outside at bars. Still complained there wasn’t enough to do and wanted things like a “scavenger hunt” which is now an inside joke with all my family and friends.

I know deep down it was the influence of the other girls, they were either her soon-to-be family or work colleagues so she couldn’t risk pissing them off. Therefore I was the collateral damage in it all. She’s a coward and if I saw her in the street now I’d take great pleasure in telling her so, 2 years on I’m still rebuilding my mental health to feel somewhat like the person I was before that train wreck of a weekend!
That sounds like such a lovely weekend I'm so sorry it was wasted on her! I had a friend who did something similar, we'd been best friends for years and she maintains that it was her problem but i'm convinced it was her friend in her ear and they both just wanted a bit of drama so singled me out as I was different to them

Reactions: 3
That sounds like such a lovely weekend I'm so sorry it was wasted on her! I had a friend who did something similar, we'd been best friends for years and she maintains that it was her problem but i'm convinced it was her friend in her ear and they both just wanted a bit of drama so singled me out as I was different to them
Thank you :) it’s almost worse when it’s like that though isn’t it as it shows our ‘friends’ to be cowards who can’t even stick up for themselves or for their ‘best friends’. Shows their true colours I think if they’re so easily led by other people!

Reactions: 2
Oh god,years ago when my youngest started school she made friends with two lads
i became mates with their mothers
what I couldn’t see,from day one that both women where very controlling and would shut me out if I didn’t do things their way
(id just got away from dv so was very vulnerable)
i was a single mum to 6,one had 6 (5 didn’t live with her/grown adults) (Her fella was on about 40k and one had a kid but was getting married to a rich bloke (who was on about 100k) so she didn’t have to work again(she went on to have kids with him ‘so I’m set up for life’)
it got to the point they’d both start on me for doing basics like shopping at Asda (just do it online!) or buying my kids school shoes/clothes/toys (they had family who would often step in to give them a break or buy the kids what they needed-I didn’t have that)
they tried to get me to decorate my house how they wanted,told my kids some utter bullshit and seemed to think I had loads of money-that should only be spent on them
heavens forbid I bought myself a ‘treat’ like shower gel!
theyd think nothing of raiding my fridge to save them from feeding their kids even though they where in a lot more money than me
theyd help themselves to anything they fancied but I was unreasonable to ask for it back
i once went Xmas shopping and they both yelled at me for wasting money even though I’d saved for it all year
anyway one went into labour-I had her kid and I had to take her kid from school to home with mine in tow as she was ill and dad couldn’t do it (meant to be working but was often at the pub)
id often babysit at my own expense but they never offered back to help me out
I slogged my guts out trying to make them happy/stop them from having a go for about two years
it got to the point I’d feel guilty for buying basics cos I knew they’d have a pop at me
anyway it got to my daughters 5th birthday-I spent a fortune on crap for the guests (those two kids,my mates kids and my own)
they just didn’t show up-even though they had said the day before they would (free childcare) and didn’t answer my messages

they when went on a spree of slagging me off to anyone who would listen (mainly other mums) and I was frozen out of about 99% of the school groups and my lot got bullied because of it

it ended up with us moving away from the area to get away (along with other issues) and I’ll never forget just how bitchy and nasty they where
there was no need-once they couldn’t control me they turned-I’m wary to this day of other women

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 12
Oh god,years ago when my youngest started school she made friends with two lads
i became mates with their mothers
what I couldn’t see,from day one that both women where very controlling and would shut me out if I didn’t do things their way
(id just got away from dv so was very vulnerable)
i was a single mum to 6,one had 6 (5 didn’t live with her/grown adults) (Her fella was on about 40k and one had a kid but was getting married to a rich bloke (who was on about 100k) so she didn’t have to work again(she went on to have kids with him ‘so I’m set up for life’)
it got to the point they’d both start on me for doing basics like shopping at Asda (just do it online!) or buying my kids school shoes/clothes/toys (they had family who would often step in to give them a break or buy the kids what they needed-I didn’t have that)
they tried to get me to decorate my house how they wanted,told my kids some utter bullshit and seemed to think I had loads of money-that should only be spent on them
heavens forbid I bought myself a ‘treat’ like shower gel!
theyd think nothing of raiding my fridge to save them from feeding their kids even though they where in a lot more money than me
theyd help themselves to anything they fancied but I was unreasonable to ask for it back
i once went Xmas shopping and they both yelled at me for wasting money even though I’d saved for it all year
anyway one went into labour-I had her kid and I had to take her kid from school to home with mine in tow as she was ill and dad couldn’t do it (meant to be working but was often at the pub)
id often babysit at my own expense but they never offered back to help me out
I slogged my guts out trying to make them happy/stop them from having a go for about two years
it got to the point I’d feel guilty for buying basics cos I knew they’d have a pop at me
anyway it got to my daughters 5th birthday-I spent a fortune on crap for the guests (those two kids,my mates kids and my own)
they just didn’t show up-even though they had said the day before they would (free childcare) and didn’t answer my messages

they when went on a spree of slagging me off to anyone who would listen (mainly other mums) and I was frozen out of about 99% of the school groups and my lot got bullied because of it

it ended up with us moving away from the area to get away (along with other issues) and I’ll never forget just how bitchy and nasty they where
there was no need-once they couldn’t control me they turned-I’m wary to this day of other women
Goodness, what a pair of horrible cunts. So pleased you managed to move away from the area. I can understand why you’re wary of striking up a friendship with other women xx

Reactions: 8
Self absorbed birthdayzilla. Bit like hen nights. It seems to turn a person into an irrational melt.
I couldn't go to my best friend's hen party. I was on an important residential training course for my job which I was on and I couldn't travel 8 hours at the weekend to go to the hen party and then travel 8 hours back as I had exams as well and had to revise for that.... she couldn't understand it. She just couldn't understand that if I went, my job would be on the line. Thought her hen party was more important. It's ok now but it did ruin the friendship for a few months.

Reactions: 2
I was friends with a toxic person for years who I naively thought had the capacity to change.

He ended up trying to turn everyone against me lmao, wrote an email about me (lol I know) and sent it to our friend group. He put up a post on his 'anonymous' twitter bragging how he dumped his two friends of 10 years because we aren't 'good people' (hahahaha) Even when we were friends he would witch about me to everyone I knew. And because I used to be such a walk over, I let him. I even spent a lot of money to go visit him when he was teaching English in an Asian country and he ruined my whole experience and trip.

I got a text from him about a year after the famous email incident saying he wanted to meet up because he "misses his friend". I knew he was going to do this, I predicted it. I remember plotting out the rant I would send him when he come groveling back. But, when he finally did.. I kind of figured I was over him and his drama and by snapping at him/calling him every name under the sun, I'd be giving in to what he really wanted. So I did the coldest thing I could think of. I ghosted him. I left him on read, deleted his texts and moved on with my life :)

Haven't looked back since!

Reactions: 9