Tennis 🎾

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Two women have accused him. He has lost his cool in violent manners while being on camera, doing his job. Yeah, you’re totally utterly innocent, you bleeping monster. Germany is basically still 50 years behind when it comes to believing women who talk about abuse. The misogynistic tale of „she says this for the money/fame“ is widespread, and not just in the media or comment sections.

Reactions: 5
Re: Zverev: there’s some interesting court reports floating around on twitter. The court person’s final statement was ‘the truth is open‘ which just about sums it up.

Reactions: 3

Yel

Germany is basically still 50 years behind when it comes to believing women who talk about abuse.
This exactly. The whole case has really put me off ever living in Germany. This should start a discussion in Germany about it, but I doubt it.

Reactions: 4
The opening ceremony for the men’s final was…interesting 😂

Carlos needs to win this. Let’s manifest it together. 🙏
I almost don’t want to watch.

Reactions: 7
I‘ll have to watch it on mute, since I don’t want to hear Boris Becker rambling and fawning over Zverev. Carlos really needs to win this 💪🏽 and he can, but as much as I hate to say it, Zverev has seemed stronger in the last few weeks than Carlos, whose last injury wasn’t that long ago. But the kid can fight and I just hope that he can wear him down.

Reactions: 2
What happened?

I can't face watching today 😬
There was a brass band playing which was nice but then some dancing going on 😆 Overall it was quite wholesome, just funny to watch.

• Haha

Yel

Sounds fun.

Zverev is definitely going to win this. Nobody jinx it with celebrating the first set🤐.

• Haha
I’m not celebrating until the trophies in Carlos’ hand. I’m hoping for just 3 straight sets, I did think would I like him to win the first 2 sets, get his hopes up and then Carlos do a Thiem on him and snatch it from him in the final 3 sets, really demoralise him that he lost 2 finals like that, but I wouldn’t want him having any chances to build any confidence.

Reactions: 1
I’m not celebrating until the trophies in Carlos’ hand. I’m hoping for just 3 straight sets, I did think would I like him to win the first 2 sets, get his hopes up and then Carlos do a Thiem on him and snatch it from him in the final 3 sets, really demoralise him that he lost 2 finals like that, but I wouldn’t want him having any chances to build any confidence.
I'm so glad that Dominic won the US Open as it would have been sad for him not to have one won Grand Slam especially when he was so close to winning the Australian Open. At least when he retires at the end of the season he can say that he has one won as I would have hated it if Zverev had won a Grand Slam before him and as Dominic is my favourite player I know that I am going to be an emotional mess when he plays his last ever match.

I’m listening to the radio coverage with Annabel Croft & Greg Rusedski, and it appears that Zverev is being a bit of an arse over line calls. They don’t sound very impressed by his arrogance.

Yel

I’m listening to the radio coverage with Annabel Croft & Greg Rusedski, and it appears that Zverev is being a bit of an arse over line calls. They don’t sound very impressed by his arrogance.
What station is this? Thanks

Yel

I’m listening on BBC Radio 5 Live Sport

I find sport on the radio kind of odd, but it’s interesting to hear the commentators interpretation of the goings on
Thanks, although I think it's blocked for me outside of the UK.

Are they saying raz or rathh? I'm guessing raz if it's Annabelle and Greg

• Haha
I'm just not even going to let myself think that Zverev is winning this. Nope not happening.

Them hyping him up on Eurosport for him beating Rafa at this tournament being such a big moment. With all due respect to Rafa anyone in the top 20 would have had a decent chance of beating him at the moment. It’s not exactly Alcaraz beating Novak at Wimbledon or Sinner doing it at Aus Open.

Get this Queen on commentary instead

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Zverev has done great to turn things around. Carlos's level usually goes up and down during matches so no surprises. Carlos slight fav to win this but Zverev will be a man possessed having blown the US Open final two years ago so he'll be very tough to beat. Likely heading for an epic 5 setter and then hopefully a deciding tie-break.

Thanks, although I think it's blocked for me outside of the UK.

Are they saying raz or rathh? I'm guessing raz if it's Annabelle and Greg
Greg & the other male commentator (not sure who it is) are saying ‘rath’, but Annabel hasn’t said his name in ages and I can’t remember what she’s opted for.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.