Tennis 🎾

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
No one's giving Alex De Minaur much of a chance then?
Maybe if his little super fan is there

The French crowds are so embarrassing, quarter final with world number 1 and defending champion versus reigning Wimbledon champion and the crowd size is like a qualifying round

Jannik is playing amazing in his quarterfinal against Grigor, could be a much quicker affair than the match against Moutet.

Fingers crossed for Carlos later on. If Novaxx and Zverev win, then I really need these two to advance as well. Though then they‘ll be meeting in the semifinal, right?

Reactions: 1
Jannik is playing amazing in his quarterfinal against Grigor, could be a much quicker affair than the match against Moutet.

Fingers crossed for Carlos later on. If Novaxx and Zverev win, then I really need these two to advance as well. Though then they‘ll be meeting in the semifinal, right?

Yep so whoever wins that will likely meet whoever wins from Zverev or Novak….

Hopefully by the time the US Open roll around, Jannik and Carlos will be seeded at 1 and 2 so we have a chance to see them playing each other in a gs final 😍

I can't believe he could play two games for over 5 hours at 37 with an injury bad enough to pull out of semifinals 🤯

Yeah, they’re talking about Djokovic now on Eurosport during the Sinner match - who has just become the new world number 1.

Reactions: 5
Novak has pulled out!!!!
I didn't think he would withdraw as I thought it's Novak he plays no matter what so I guess the injury was bad enough to make him pull out. For me I don't care who wins it now as long as it isn't Zverev.From what I'm reading Novak underwent a MRI scan on his knee and they found a meniscus tear. Also I'm pleased that Jannik is now the new world number 1.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
Absolutely! Djok has also denied the fans seeing a potentially cracking semi-final. What a selfish b******.
Yes tbh I feel sorry for the fans who’ve paid a lot of money for a ticket, annoyed me when Nadal did the same at Wimbledon a few years ago and gave Krygios a free pass to the final. I don’t so much feel for the player, he had chances to win and didn’t🤷🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 5
Boris Becker is one of the commentators on German Eurosport and he’s so highly annoying. He and the other guy can’t stop talking about Sinner not knowing that he’s just become world no 1. Well what do you expect him to do Boris, whip out his phone and check google news during the match??

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I thought Djokovic should have retired after the 3rd set yesterday when he was clearly struggling. I wonder if he will be able to play Wimbledon or the Olympics now?

Reactions: 3
Absolutely gutted about Novak. I really hope it’s not too serious and we see him at Wimbledon.
---

I thought Djokovic should have retired after the 3rd set yesterday when he was clearly struggling. I wonder if he will be able to play Wimbledon or the Olympics now?
I was reading up about Meniscus tears and it can take a long time to get better as a mild tear especially for younger people can get better in about four to twelve weeks, but for older people it can usually takes three to six months yet it can sometimes take longer. It depends how bad the tear is but if it is serious then he could miss both Wimbledon and the Olympics.

Reactions: 2
Becker doesn’t seem to think so, upon hearing what kind of injury it is. But he also seems to think it depends on the kind of treatment Djokovic will need (surgery or physical therapy).

My guess is he will miss Wimbledon but come back for the Olympics to try for that Olympic medal.

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.