Tennis 🎾

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Well at least this 5th set isn’t a total wipeout. I’m glad Cerundolo is still fighting.
I feared for him when he went 2-0 down but tbf he has battled back and is making it a competitive final set. Edit and then of course he gets broken from 40-0 up at the worst possible time.

Last edited:
Just looked at the live score again (my nerves wouldn’t deal with watching it on the tv now) and it’s going to be really tough breaking Novak‘s serve later in a fifth set. It’s either now or never :(

Turned it off again now. 😂 I’ve no interest in seeing the arrogant 💩 win.

Reactions: 3
It’s too much to expect that Novak gets tired even after playing five setters all week, since his miracle pills always seem to do the trick. Not sure who can beat him now.

Reactions: 1
It’s too much to expect that Novak gets tired even after playing five setters all week, since his miracle pills always seem to do the trick. Not sure who can beat him now.
I bet you in the Quarter Final he will have nothing wrong with him and will be running around like a Gazelle also I bet if we had his miracle pills they wouldn't work on us. The only person who can beat him now is Zverev but then again I don't like him either.

Reactions: 2
I always forget, is it Ruud or Rune who loses his cool? I so rarely watch those two 😁
I couldn’t think of a word so loses cool probably wasn’t right, but I meant he seems prone to choking in big circumstances, like it just gets too big in his head rather than loses his cool in a screams and smashes rackets up kinda way. Now he’s got over that barrier of winning an ATP500 maybe it’ll help push him over the line, considering he’s reached the final here the past two years. Every time I watch Ruud I struggle to not think he’s actually Niall Horans brother😂

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I really do wish Djokovic was more likeable, because I’d love to be able to appreciate his playing as he is an incredibly talented player.

Phenomenal at tennis, tit in every other respect. 🙁

Reactions: 7

Yel

I could only watch the score while at work and wasn't going to get excited unless it reached match point against Djokovic. Been burnt too many times!

He knows to dip out on all the others and only push 100% at slams

I really do wish Djokovic was more likeable, because I’d love to be able to appreciate his playing as he is an incredibly talented player.

same. he moves in such a balletic way that it would be wonderful to watch if i wasn’t always so actively wanting him to lose 🤣

likewise i would respect how easily he’s able to move up and down the gears during a match… if i wasn’t always so actively wanting him to lose.

• Haha
Reactions: 5

I’m sure I’ve read a couple of times that a lot of the other players and especially young players really like him. Apparently he makes them feel really welcome on tour, will practice with them & is approachable to talk to. I found it interesting reading that with so many tennis fans not liking him, made me wonder if maybe his public personality is misunderstood or doesn’t translate well on camera, like how a lot of people don’t find Murray funny but I think it’s just he has a really dry sense of humour that doesn’t always translate well.

I hope Zverev v Rune doesn't go on much longer, I need to go to bed 🤣 Great match though!

Reactions: 1

Yel

It's still the early evening over here, but I'm not sure I want to watch the 5th set and be disappointed. I can't stand Zverevs grunt 😖

Urghhh

I think Carlos is going to have to beat Zverev or Novak in the final… it’s the only good outcome left I think.

Although Novak said he may not play on Wednesday but I think we all know that’s a lie

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.