Tennis #2 🎾

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
24 GS is already the GOAT in the minds of most logical ppl, esp the ones who actually play tennis. It's a laughing stock that some ppl wants it to be based on their emotions just because Fed and Nadal did not achieve the most no. of GS. Ultimately, they are all great players.
---
Im just thinking selfishly as well as someone with tickets, but it could mess up the scheduling for who’s playing on what court as well. They’ll obviously want to put Andy on centre court but if he pulls out really last minute you could end up with 2 players on centre that shouldn’t really be there.
If he pulls out last minute, they will move another match with a higher seed into centre or one with British interest like Draper ( if he's in the same side of the draw). The worst thing would be he decides to take to the court and lasts no more than 3 games like at Queens. That would be really awkward for all.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
Yeah someone will still get his place if he does decide to withdraw, they will have lucky losers on standby.
He might just play doubles with the hope of being fit enough for the Olympics

Reactions: 3

I get she’s British and grand slam winner, but Emma getting centre court over Sinner or Sabalenka on court 1 is mad to me. Maybe I’m just not as enamoured by her as others, I find the other higher ranked women more entertaining to watch and find Katie Boulter as another Brit more charming in post match interviews. Sorry to be a hater 🤷🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 6

I get she’s British and grand slam winner, but Emma getting centre court over Sinner or Sabalenka on court 1 is mad to me.
Spot on. The odd number days has always have 2 gentlemen matches and 1 lady match on centre court while the even number days have 2 ladies matches and 1 gentleman match. They actually change the format for her...talk about overhype. They seriously think she is top 4 quality to be on centre for first round.

Last edited:
As usual Djokovic looks like he has the easiest route to the final 🙄
And he knows it too, that’s why he’s there. Plus, there’s hardly anyone who can beat him on grass and if he does lose in an early round, he’s got the injury as an excuse. A supposedly severe injury which got him headlines a mere three weeks ago and now seems miraculously fine, so he can play Wimbledon and the Olympics. Man’s a miracle 🙄

Reactions: 1
I get she’s British and grand slam winner, but Emma getting centre court over Sinner or Sabalenka on court 1 is mad to me. Maybe I’m just not as enamoured by her as others, I find the other higher ranked women more entertaining to watch and find Katie Boulter as another Brit more charming in post match interviews. Sorry to be a hater 🤷🏻‍♀️
But isn't that to balance it out as they've already got alcaraz on center? There's a good chance she'll be out first round, and the others mentioned will get several chances to be on center.

Reactions: 1
And he knows it too, that’s why he’s there. Plus, there’s hardly anyone who can beat him on grass and if he does lose in an early round, he’s got the injury as an excuse. A supposedly severe injury which got him headlines a mere three weeks ago and now seems miraculously fine, so he can play Wimbledon and the Olympics. Man’s a miracle 🙄
I really wish I could like him a bit more - or, at the very least, dislike him a bit less - but then he handily reminds me why he’s always been called Fakervic 🙄
---
Here is the full schedule for Monday and if I was there I think I would want my tickets for Court 2.
View attachment 3024141View attachment 3024146View attachment 3024153
From a quick scan it looks like 7 British players playing on Monday. I wonder if many of those will make it through to the next round? 🙈

Last edited:
I really wish I could like him a bit more - or, at the very least, dislike him a bit less - but then he handily reminds me why he’s always been called Fakervic 🙄
---
I used to love him ….. I’m not sure when it changed. His story of growing up in the war was inspirational and he seemed humble but now seems quite so arrogant - but maybe that’s how you have to be to win that many times

Reactions: 3
We have centre court tickets 😁

Thank you everyone for your responses. We are super excited, will be making the most of our visit and strolling around everywhere. Hoping it’s not too hot though 🤞🏼
I'd have a trip to M&S on your way there and at least take a pack of sandwiches. You won't want to leave a match or join a long queue, so it's best to at least have some food. Also, there are water fountains, so you can refill water bottles.

Unfortunately too late for me to ask for the day off work, but I am lucky to have tickets for middle Saturday.

So excited to not have to think about what to watch on telly for the next two weeks 😍

Reactions: 4
Can't wait to see the pristine grass turn to tit after 2 service games. I do like how beaten up the court looks during the final. Almost like it tells a story.

• Heart