Tennis #2 šŸŽ¾

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I find Alcarazā€™s grunting really distracting.
Has it changed? It never used to annoy me, now I'm finding it really annoying. Although I found it a bit less annoying when he was using it to wind up Zereve by doing it ages after his shot.

I would call it more a yell than a grunt

Reactions: 2
Itā€™s weird I hadnā€™t really noticed Carlosā€™s grunting but Emmaā€™s screaming after winning a point was really winding me up.

coco is looking very good!! And sinner is struggling with his hip apparently

Reactions: 2
I find Alcarazā€™s grunting really distracting. I would say grunting is an understatement really - he is almost shouting at times.
He is a brilliant player. I was lucky enough to attend Wimbledon last year and watched two of his matches (not the final though). His grunting actually sounds louder on court, than it does on TV (and I was sat up in the gods).
I enjoy watching him play, but I watch on mute.
Maybe the stand was amplifying it.

Decided to listen to Wimbledon radio via the app on my walk home from work.

Had the displeasure of having to listen to the interviewer speak to Alison Hammond, who said that:
- She was at Wimbledon but the tennis had gone over her head
- She watched the Alcaraz match but wasnā€™t staying to watch Emma
- The best part of her day was a burger for lunch. As these things ā€œare about the food reallyā€

Iā€™m sure tennis fans who havenā€™t got tickets this year would be DELIGHTED to hear that šŸ˜”

Anyway Andreeva in a bit of trouble on Court 12 but has just broken back. Hope she comes through, I really like her attitude

• Wow
Reactions: 7
Has it changed? It never used to annoy me, now I'm finding it really annoying. Although I found it a bit less annoying when he was using it to wind up Zereve by doing it ages after his shot.

Yes, it is more of a yell. It seems to me getting louder - or maybe me being irritated by it, makes it seem louder.

Reactions: 1
Decided to listen to Wimbledon radio via the app on my walk home from work.

Had the displeasure of having to listen to the interviewer speak to Alison Hammond, who said that:
- She was at Wimbledon but the tennis had gone over her head
- She watched the Alcaraz match but wasnā€™t staying to watch Emma
- The best part of her day was a burger for lunch. As these things ā€œare about the food reallyā€

Iā€™m sure tennis fans who havenā€™t got tickets this year would be DELIGHTED to hear that šŸ˜”

Anyway Andreeva in a bit of trouble on Court 12 but has just broken back. Hope she comes through, I really like her attitude
So many celebs get invited by sponsors and I donā€™t think any of them are tennis fans. Itā€™s really annoying.

Reactions: 11
WHAT A DAY!
Had an absolutely amazing time watching centre court day. Iā€™m on the train home now, absolutely shattered but that was fab šŸ„°

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Itā€™s weird I hadnā€™t really noticed Carlosā€™s grunting but Emmaā€™s screaming after winning a point was really winding me up.
I thought this about Emma today! Iā€™ve never really noticed her be quite so vocal when winning points, has she always done it or was she just trying to keep herself particularly pumped up?

Carlos drives me nuts with his stupid grunts / yells. I know opponents have complained before because he sometimes seems to delay his noise until they are about to hit the return.
ā€”ā€”ā€”
Will all the Wimbledon chat be here this year or is there another separate thread for it like there was in previous years? šŸŽ¾ šŸ“

It feels itā€™s got worse in the past year, Tsitipas complained about it recently and everyone laughed at him but can see where heā€™s coming from. Bit like Sabalenka, I find her really entertaining to watch but duck me she doesnā€™t half make a lot of noise

I like Emma but try to keep quiet on here that I donā€™t like Katie Boulter as I can see sheā€™s got a few fans on here!

Big Emma fan here. So refreshing to see someone like her prioritise her education before transitioning to the tour and then taking every opportunity that comes her way after her US Open win. She knows her own mind at such a young age and I think that should be applauded.

Reactions: 5