Tennis #2 🎾

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Raducanu had a bit more of a tussle with Jessica Pegula: her first win against a top ten player. Three pretty good sets of tennis in very hot conditions. Augurs well!

Reactions: 4
Does anyone know if Katie Boulter got a new coach in the past year? She used to struggle to even get through qualifying but watching her in the past year and right now at Eastbourne I honestly think she’s got a good chance of quarter or even semis at Wimbledon this year if the draw is kind to her
She had CFS when she was about 17 so had to manage her playing time for quite a few years and then she buggered her back up playing BJK cup. She's finally able to actually maximise the talent she always had.
---
The ladies done good today, 3 through to the QFs at Eastbourne and 3 through to the FQR at Wimbledon including an exceptionally talented 15 year old Hannah Klugman.

It is kind if embarrassing that she has only now beaten a top 10 player when she the US open 3 years ago.

Reactions: 1
Andy is getting a lot of flack in the comments about this and people saying he should give someone else the chance but personally I would still love to see him play even if it’s his last Wimbledon ☹

Attachments

Reactions: 3
Anyone else remember this? Hard to believe it was 25 years ago 😳

Pretty sure that the only reason Novaxx is playing in Wimbledon, is to annoy me and prevent that Sinner-Alcaraz final from happening 👀

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I was reading something last night that said he would def be in the draw but may pull out before the game to give himself the longest chance to recover.
I like Andy, but that seems a bit unfair. Someone else could have that place (and likely a low-ranked/new-ish player who would benefit from the first-round money a lot more than Andy would).

Ah interesting, the one I read gave the impression that “giving myself until the last minute” meant 9:59am on Friday

Sorry edited to say - if Andy did pull out once in the draw, wouldn’t a lucky loser from qualifying still be able to have his place as no matches would have been played yet? Rather than a bye?

No byes in the 1st round. He can pull out right up until the match if he wants. There is a draw done after qualifying is done to determine the order of LL so there will be atleast 4 players onsite if he does withdraw last minute. Unfortunately this year you have 2 top players waiting until the last minute before making a decision for perfectly understandable reasons, Andy because it's his home GS and Djokovic because he thinks 1 more GS will make him the nailed on GOAT (It won't because the GOAT isn't just based on wins for most people)

Reactions: 2
Im just thinking selfishly as well as someone with tickets, but it could mess up the scheduling for who’s playing on what court as well. They’ll obviously want to put Andy on centre court but if he pulls out really last minute you could end up with 2 players on centre that shouldn’t really be there.

Reactions: 2