Tempting Fortune

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m surprised Lani didn’t win the least tbh.
I think they all came away with a good amount.

Reactions: 9
Well apart from not being able to binge watch it , I've enjoyed this but I thought weeks ago I don't the format can be repeated successfully tbh.

Reactions: 5
James, Luke and Tahani come across as completely joyless, which I think is quite sad

• Heart
I thought there would be a twist at the very end. After all that they seemed to come away with similar amounts of money, some without the extra experiences.

Reactions: 13
James is the worst. So smug and the way he thinks that him and Luke are mentally stronger than Charlie is icky (not to mention the fact that Tahira hasn’t taken anything, has overcome her fear of heights, has gone through the experiment and yet he doesn’t even mention her!!!). I’m still watching to see how it all ends lol but I’m glad Charlie actually put his pride to one side
---
That was somewhat anti climatic

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
James is the worst. So smug and the way he thinks that him and Luke are mentally stronger than Charlie is icky (not to mention the fact that Tahira hasn’t taken anything, has overcome her fear of heights, has gone through the experiment and yet he doesn’t even mention her!!!). I’m still watching to see how it all ends lol but I’m glad Charlie actually put his pride to one side
---
That was somewhat anti climatic
My hubby and I were divided over this, I was team Carolynne I didn’t like her mind
But let’s face it, who had the better time? and still got about 20 grand

Reactions: 12
Well that ended in a bit of a damp squib :confused:
The difference between those who took everything and those who took nothing was so small. What was the point?
There could've been a really good twist but I'm not clever enough to think of it though 😂
If there is another series they'll have to change it a bit. There is literally no real incentive to resist temptations.

Reactions: 13
Just watched the final. The fact there was only a two grand difference between the amount of prize money accumulated by James and Larni is unbelievable, considering she took every temptation on offer.

In my opinion, I think Carolynne’s ethos paid off in the end having now seen the insignificant difference in money accumulated between those who took the temptations and those who didn’t. There’s no way I wouldn’t have gone on that safari. I think Luke, Tahira and James shot themselves in the foot by depriving themselves of such good experiences for the sake of some crappy self-discovering journey.

Such a shame there isn’t a bigger number of episodes. Hopefully, if the show gets commisssioned for another series they’ll have more episodes.

I think the only self discovery on their journey was that they are miserable people to be around. 😂 What fools they turned out to be. Imagine being in such a fantastic place and sitting night after night staring at your rice and beans moaning about the others having a blast... Bunch of fun sponges.
Like others have said I still can't believe Lani still got as much as she did considering how many temptations she gave in to... half the time just to annoy others. 🙄 She was too selfish a person I'd like as a friend but I've got to take my hat off to her. 😂

I enjoyed it, apart from dull Paddy... He was more interesting in celeb bake off 😂.. But I can't see how they can repeat it.

The cast would have been great mix in an original Big brother format.

Reactions: 8
I think they should have put some twists in at the end, e.g.
- remove James's sleeping bag (£500)
- gag Carolynn for 24 hours (£200)

• Haha
Considering they all got roughly £20,000 each they should have gone with my idea that they each have £5000 of temptations to use. That way they’d ALL have had a great experience as well as leaving with £20,000 each.

Reactions: 8
Lots of the temptations were a bit pointless for Tahira. Look how many involved alcohol or things like the spa day or bath that meant she would have needed to wear skimpy clothing. I wonder if they had non-alcoholic drinks in the forest or in the cocktail bar as there wasn't really much for her to be tempted by!

Well that ended in a bit of a damp squib :confused:
The difference between those who took everything and those who took nothing was so small. What was the point?
There could've been a really good twist but I'm not clever enough to think of it though 😂
If there is another series they'll have to change it a bit. There is literally no real incentive to resist temptations.
Agree with all of this… the end was so unsatisfying. Literally what was the point in resisting temptations as the money difference really wasn’t worth it? I was wanting something at the end to see that resisting was worth it but literally the message was ‘you may as well give in’!

No, I haven't.
I enjoyed that. It’s on ITV X. Couples island hop around greece, they have €30 euro a day budget unless they have a gold card with an unlimited spend (a credit card) but every time they spend on it it notifies the other couples to their location.

the aim of the game os essentially hide and seek as if you get caught with the gold card then you have to hand it over. They also vote couples to go home etc.

I enjoyed that. It’s on ITV X. Couples island hop around greece, they have €30 euro a day budget unless they have a gold card with an unlimited spend (a credit card) but every time they spend on it it notifies the other couples to their location.

the aim of the game os essentially hide and seek as if you get caught with the gold card then you have to hand it over. They also vote couples to go home etc.
Thank you. I'll check it out. 👍

Reactions: 1
Has anyone been watching that naked and afraid thing on channel 4? I know the clues in the name but I really didn’t expect to see people running through the fields with their todger out

• Haha
Reactions: 7