Teen Mum UK #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Happy benefit bash morning. šŸ™ˆšŸ¤£
I have been on them myself but I hated it and felt embarrassed when people asked what I worked as and I didnā€™t work!!šŸ˜³šŸ˜³

Completely agree. Chloe has the fortunate circumstances that the other girls don't. Stable homelife and comfortably well off parents. Her mum and dad had her very late in life she said, her mum was like 38 when she had her and 40 when she had her brother. Stark contrast. Chloe does irritate me, she isnt perfect, but I still prefer her ways to the other girls.

Watching Megan ask her boyfriend of what, 6 months, to "baby make" with her when she already has 2 kids from another baby daddy at age 21..was just a joke. Does she have a secret house within her flat or a secret stash of money? I'm in my 30s with a toddler and a full time job but I know kids cost money. Does she think about the affect it will have her on kids just bringing up a new baby?

It's no secret that Amber is my least favourite of the mums. I just never have had a good vibe from her at all. Her and Ste are as bad as each other I don't care what anyone says. I remember the early days when Ste still loved her and she would flaunt flowers that she received from other men in his face. Throughout the series she seems to be only interested in one thing, having a boyfriend. Her behaviour when Ste was with Kirsty was shocking, not to mention the pair of them screaming in front of Brooklyn who sadly just looked like he was used to it. If she has got depression then I hope she gets help for it of course but I wish she had some get up and go for a different way of life, not just mum and girlfriend.
If you watch her in series one then omg she is like a different girl, so confident and sure of herself and wanting to be a social worker, the thing is is that if she did work in Children & Families within the social work then her ā€˜clientsā€™ would be women in the exact same position as her, Ste has a temper and I get the impression that she is scared of him, does anyone think he has ever hit her? I can see Ste hitting her, crying about it and saying ā€œwell Amber you push me into itā€ ā˜¹ā˜¹

Reactions: 9
I have been on them myself but I hated it and felt embarrassed when people asked what I worked as and I didnā€™t work!!šŸ˜³šŸ˜³

If you watch her in series one then omg she is like a different girl, so confident and sure of herself and wanting to be a social worker, the thing is is that if she did work in Children & Families within the social work then her ā€˜clientsā€™ would be women in the exact same position as her, Ste has a temper and I get the impression that she is scared of him, does anyone think he has ever hit her? I can see Ste hitting her, crying about it and saying ā€œwell Amber you push me into itā€ ā˜¹ā˜¹

You are kinder than I am lol. My response to that would be, why then have another flipping baby with him? šŸ˜‚šŸ™ˆ

But you are right, she was very confident and happy in beginning of series and did express some interest in becoming a social worker. The last series is difficult because she just gave birth and then ended up in hospital so didnt show her in the happiest light. She was ok in last series, getting into her boxing etc.... they just need to learn how awful they are for each other and learn to co parent amicably.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I have learned in life that things are not always as simple as they seem. There's no shame receiving help.

Aren't about 80% of the country currently on government benefit income šŸ¤£

• Haha
Reactions: 7
You are kinder than I am lol. My response to that would be, why then have another flipping baby with him? šŸ˜‚šŸ™ˆ

But you are right, she was very confident and happy in beginning of series and did express some interest in becoming a social worker. The last series is difficult because she just gave birth and then ended up in hospital so didnt show her in the happiest light. She was ok in last series, getting into her boxing etc.... they just need to learn how awful they are for each other and learn to co parent amicably.
Yeah I do think wtf did you have another baby to him then, itā€™s the same when Amberā€™s mum argues her case on Facebook, someone mustā€™ve said ā€˜Amber does this and thatā€™ and Amanda came along and said ā€˜but Ste does this and that tooā€™, and I would have asked so why is she up the duff again to him then, at the end of the day we women get preggers so we women have to step up, (and only we can step up after no condom was worn) and take care of contraception, she knew that he would leave Kirsty if she got p.g and this is exactly what happened, little witch for doing that and Kirsty was nice and had her head screwed on far tighter than Amber.

Happy benefit bash morning. šŸ™ˆšŸ¤£

I will add though, I've been really enjoying reading this thread lately.
Thatā€™s cause Iā€™m on it and I throw in my 200 cents worth about everything šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚

...Just kidding šŸ˜€

I couldnā€™t stand Shannon she was a right lazy cow who couldnā€™t cope with one child let alone two. Always wanting her mum and sister to come round and do everything for her.

Emma for sure wants to get with Nassah and thatā€™s why she likes to sit there and watch him with the baby. If she is worried about him taking him out why doesnā€™t she let him stay in the flat and she go out for a bit to build up the trust. She wonā€™t though as then she would lose the hold over him

• Heart
I couldnā€™t stand Shannon she was a right lazy cow who couldnā€™t cope with one child let alone two. Always wanting her mum and sister to come round and do everything for her.

Emma for sure wants to get with Nassah and thatā€™s why she likes to sit there and watch him with the baby. If she is worried about him taking him out why doesnā€™t she let him stay in the flat and she go out for a bit to build up the trust. She wonā€™t though as then she would lose the hold over him
Shannon was hard to watch. Very whiny and very needy. I also agree that she struggled with Theodore so why the hell she thought having a 2nd baby was a good idea was beyond me. Of course we all know it was to keep Charlie, I don't believe for a second you can forget to get the MAP, if you have unprotected sex and are worried about getting pregnant it would be the 1st thing on your mind. She 100% went in for a 2nd baby and her relationship with Charlie was toxic.

Emma did the right thing not letting Nassah take Jeremiah on his own, he hasn't proved himself worthy as a father at all. The fact he had the audacity to call her selfish was mind blowing, I would have kicked him out there and then. But she is clearly completely besotted with him, you can tell by how she talks to him with that smile on her face. She is desperate for a family unit with him which is sweet in a way, but unrealistic.

I do agree that Emma is hung up on him and but he does need to commit and make a lot more effort with Jeremiah. If he was putting in as much time and effort as possible then it would be unfair

Reactions: 4
I actually am in disbelief that some people think Emma is being unreasonable not trusting her child with somebody who may as well be a stranger hahaha. šŸ’€
I've worked with some people for years and still wouldn't trust them to watch my child whilst I popped to the shop. We are talking about a human, not a new puppy.

• Heart
Reactions: 33
You can claim housing benefit from 16, the benefit cap is for those with more then 2 children so they canā€™t claim benefits that are more then 1666, Emma will get her rent paid through universal credits which is basically housing benefit , income support & tax credits all in one
Also child benefit isnā€™t capped at all

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I actually am in disbelief that some people think Emma is being unreasonable not trusting her child with somebody who may as well be a stranger hahaha. šŸ’€
I've worked with some people for years and still wouldn't trust them to watch my child whilst I popped to the shop. We are talking about a human, not a new puppy.
Yeah as if sharing dna gives him the immediate right. From what weā€™ve seen he has never spent more than an hour with his son so does he even know how to meet a childs basic needs, warmth, food, hygiene? Let alone trusted to keep him safe. Huge no from me!! Does not entitle him to whisk his baby off for a period of time away from his mum

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Does anyone think that Shannon left TM coz she got so much stick about the trap baby? She was very manipulative but tried hiding it, she and Charlie were as bad as one another

Reactions: 10
I donā€™t think amber had any aspirations to work or be a social worker at all.. I think it was all for a story line sheā€™s never mentioned it again.. Iā€™m sure she has had jobs? But I honestly donā€™t think she has any interest in bettering herself, she seems to focus her life on ste.. he left her alone moved on co parented then she had a one night stand with him created the story line of thinking she was pregnant (I think she hoped she was) then she wasnā€™t ste and Kirsty made up, she expressed her love for him so he left Kirsty they got pregnant then she didnā€™t want him anymore like I kinda do understand steā€™s fustration..

Reactions: 6
I donā€™t think amber had any aspirations to work or be a social worker at all.. I think it was all for a story line sheā€™s never mentioned it again.. Iā€™m sure she has had jobs? But I honestly donā€™t think she has any interest in bettering herself, she seems to focus her life on ste.. he left her alone moved on co parented then she had a one night stand with him created the story line of thinking she was pregnant (I think she hoped she was) then she wasnā€™t ste and Kirsty made up, she expressed her love for him so he left Kirsty they got pregnant then she didnā€™t want him anymore like I kinda do understand steā€™s fustration..
She did do Health and Social Care at college if you remember and worked part time in a cafe through season 1 but she will be okay now as benefits will pay her and I heard TM get Ā£2k per season, not much but it all adds up.

Reactions: 1
I just wish these girls would realise having a baby young doesnt mean you cant have a career and enjoy your life. I know it's easier said then done but it's better than going back and forth with the same men and ended up regretting wasting so much time on them years down the line while living a life on benefits and dodgey insta adverts. Ā£2k a series is not an affordable income alone. They arent bad people have the potential to be better themselves and be be happy but I honestly think they have lost their self worth.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I just wish these girls would realise having a baby young doesnt mean you cant have a career and enjoy your life. I know it's easier said then done but it's better than going back and forth with the same men and ended up regretting wasting so much time on them years down the line while living a life on benefits and dodgey insta adverts. Ā£2k a series is not an affordable income alone. They arent bad people have the potential to be better themselves and be be happy but I honestly think they have lost their self worth.
Totally and theyā€™re all quite needy for their boyfriends but that is their age and inexperience more than anything, I was a needy witch when I was that age too.

Whilst I sympathise to a degree then Amber, Megan and Shannon already knew what their partners were like yet had a second baby anyway and they should have known after the first that wasnā€™t gonna be their Prince Charming, all 3 of them got pregnant to hang on tight to their men BUT Dylan knew that Megan wasnā€™t on the pill and he didnā€™t wrap up so I suppose she didnā€™t trap him, but the other 2 did and they are quite manipulative for being so young, esp Shannon.

I bet their mums told them all this but they thought they knew best, we have all been there!

Shannon was hard to watch. Very whiny and very needy. I also agree that she struggled with Theodore so why the hell she thought having a 2nd baby was a good idea was beyond me. Of course we all know it was to keep Charlie, I don't believe for a second you can forget to get the MAP, if you have unprotected sex and are worried about getting pregnant it would be the 1st thing on your mind. She 100% went in for a 2nd baby and her relationship with Charlie was toxic.

Emma did the right thing not letting Nassah take Jeremiah on his own, he hasn't proved himself worthy as a father at all. The fact he had the audacity to call her selfish was mind blowing, I would have kicked him out there and then. But she is clearly completely besotted with him, you can tell by how she talks to him with that smile on her face. She is desperate for a family unit with him which is sweet in a way, but unrealistic.
Why would an 18 year old want a family really, I donā€™t mean their kids but at that age then itā€™s a hell of a lot easier to be tied down with a kid rather than a kid and a man, I often find that young men are quite jealous and controlling of their partners and wonā€™t ā€˜letā€™ them go out, you can get a sitter for a kid but what about when your man bosses you about, all of the guys on TM have been quite jealous when their partners have dressed up and went clubbing, Jordan had a go at Chloe for coming in at 3.30 rather than 11pm, I dunno what difference it made really because Marley was in bed regardless and Jordan wasnā€™t going out when Chloe came in so it was just possessiveness and Jord had a cheek seen as he just tells her he is going on a lads holiday whereas she has to ask to go out!šŸ˜”šŸ˜”šŸ˜”

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
She did do Health and Social Care at college if you remember and worked part time in a cafe through season 1 but she will be okay now as benefits will pay her and I heard TM get Ā£2k per season, not much but it all adds up.
Yeh I knew she had a job, but I donā€™t think she actually was going to follow through with been a social worker , & benefits will deduct what she earns from teen mom as well!

Absolutley even the teen mom og girls have made there own businesses out of the shows success majority of them actually worked in the beginning too since they donā€™t really have much choice in America their show really did show how tough it was been a teen mom and how depressing it can be having no money , the uk girls just donā€™t seem to be aspiring to do anything except plan the next baby... except chloe at least she does actually have dreams, itā€™s really sad to be honest! Hopefully the next season focuses more on the kids and them focusing on the future rather then there baby daddyā€™s and boyfriends

Yeh I knew she had a job, but I donā€™t think she actually was going to follow through with been a social worker , & benefits will deduct what she earns from teen mom as well!

Absolutley even the teen mom og girls have made there own businesses out of the shows success majority of them actually worked in the beginning too since they donā€™t really have much choice in America their show really did show how tough it was been a teen mom and how depressing it can be having no money , the uk girls just donā€™t seem to be aspiring to do anything except plan the next baby... except chloe at least she does actually have dreams, itā€™s really sad to be honest! Hopefully the next season focuses more on the kids and them focusing on the future rather then there baby daddyā€™s and boyfriends
Exactly and when you watch 16 and pregnant the outcome usually is that they love their baby but wish they didnt have them so young. It shows their friends going off to college enjoying themselves. Although teen mom og now is unrealistic wonder if the UK girls think they are going to be like the american teen mom. They all have amazing houses , Macis is unbelievable and chelsea is building her own dream home.

Reactions: 1
Exactly and when you watch 16 and pregnant the outcome usually is that they love their baby but wish they didnt have them so young. It shows their friends going off to college enjoying themselves. Although teen mom og now is unrealistic wonder if the UK girls think they are going to be like the american teen mom. They all have amazing houses , Macis is unbelievable and chelsea is building her own dream home.
This is true but the US Teen Mom's made something with their platform, Maci and Taylor ended up with ttm, which I'm not sure they still have? Haven't kept up to date with that. Cole was always seen to be working and Chelsea has had some work with that clothing company. The UK girls just seem unambitious and it's quite sad really. (Except for Chloe)

Reactions: 3
This is true but the US Teen Mom's made something with their platform, Maci and Taylor ended up with ttm, which I'm not sure they still have? Haven't kept up to date with that. Cole was always seen to be working and Chelsea has had some work with that clothing company. The UK girls just seem unambitious and it's quite sad really. (Except for Chloe)
Kail also went to uni got a diploma, got pot head hair care, wrote 2 books, they all bring awareness to different charities I just canā€™t imagine the uk mums doing that šŸ˜‚I suppose in a way as annoyed people get with chloe sheā€™s brings something to the show that the rest of them donā€™t..

Reactions: 2
Vast difference in earnings between the US and UK versions.... if what someone mentioned above is correct and its 2k per season in the UK compared to the reported 200k per season they earn in the US then I kind of understand the UK girls not doing much with it, 2k a year would not build a business šŸ¤·ā€ā™€ļø

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.