Teen Mum UK #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
He also isn’t parented enough and gets ignored, Amber & Ste are lazy hence the dummy, lots of kids will just stop using it when they no longer want to but many need help.
He defiantly does get ignored even if he does have autism and doesn’t feel comfortable sharing it her behaviour and ste’s behaviour around brooklyn is terrible I hope they’ve sorted it out they both adore the boys but it’ll effect them growing up with parents consistently arguing around them

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Just catching up.. I'm probably overthinking it.. but isn't it weird how the whole Megan and Tel possible split up situation happened the day after the last episode??🤔😂

Reactions: 6
Just catching up.. I'm probably overthinking it.. but isn't it weird how the whole Megan and Tel possible split up situation happened the day after the last episode??🤔😂
I did think this but literally up until days ago they were posting mushy stuff about each other so I don't think they broke up and kept it quiet until the end of series if that's what you're saying. It is weird though. They seemed lovely together but I wonder if Megan's insecurity that we saw in the start got the better of her.

Reactions: 2
That rubbed me up the wrong way too, extremely inappropriate and irresponsible
Creepy men are her bre
It said “gods timing is perfect so exited” with loads of the 👶🏾👶🏾👶🏾 Baby emojis but she deleted it quickly by the looks of it as no one else mentioned it.
If she is in the next series then she will have been told to keep that quiet so that we don’t find out until September when the second series of the year is usually on, it will be the same with Megan & Tel just announcing their break up once the series was over.

Don’t tell me Emma is another desperate and needy Amber, Megan and Shannon, who all desperately and stupidly had a second baby to keep their men and denied it, what an aspiration eh, not even 20 and second baby on way and on benefits most likely.

I was under the impression that housing benefit won’t pay if your under 25 so who the hell pay’s for Emma’s rent and she doesn’t live with her Mum.

Reactions: 6
I was under the impression that housing benefit won’t pay if your under 25 so who the hell pay’s for Emma’s rent and she doesn’t live with her Mum.
Surely you'd still get housing allowance under universal credit regardless of age?

Surely you'd still get housing allowance under universal credit regardless of age?
When the benefit cap came out then they were putting a stop to that and Emma was just 17 when she first came into it and so I don’t know how it works. The cap was good because it would have deterred some young mums from having a kid and expecting the Government to pay for everything, not all teen mums don’t work but I’m sure the majority don’t and especially when their kids are first born.

When the benefit cap came out then they were putting a stop to that and Emma was just 17 when she first came into it and so I don’t know how it works. The cap was good because it would have deterred some young mums from having a kid and expecting the Government to pay for everything, not all teen mums don’t work but I’m sure the majority don’t and especially when their kids are first born.
I'm not sure how it works because I've never actually claimed I was just assuming the government wouldn't straight up refuse to pay housing for a young single mum based on age. 😬 I'm quite naive about the whole thing if I'm honest but I'm aware having kids isn't the gold mine everyone seems to think it is so I guess it makes sense that they'd cap it.

I'm not sure how it works because I've never actually claimed I was just assuming the government wouldn't straight up refuse to pay housing for a young single mum based on age. 😬 I'm quite naive about the whole thing if I'm honest but I'm aware having kids isn't the gold mine everyone seems to think it is so I guess it makes sense that they'd cap it.
Yeah they capped it years ago and said that they wouldn’t pay for rents for the under 25s and I think of course they can flat out say they wont pay her rent because of the cap, she could’ve kept living with her mother or maybe not got pregnant in the first place so that’s not the Goverments issue.

They also capped child benefit at 2 kids, that’s useless because child benefit isn’t much anyway but they should cap child’s tax credits to women that are just on benefits and don’t work, if you can’t afford kids then you shouldn’t have them and no wonder so many wasters in the UK because the government makes it easy for them to be this way, one accidental pregnancy is fair enough but any more than that, nah not buying it.

Reactions: 7
Yeah they capped it years ago and said that they wouldn’t pay for rents for the under 25s and I think of course they can flat out say they wont pay her rent because of the cap, she could’ve kept living with her mother or maybe not got pregnant in the first place so that’s not the Goverments issue.

They also capped child benefit at 2 kids, that’s useless because child benefit isn’t much anyway but they should cap child’s tax credits to women that are just on benefits and don’t work, if you can’t afford kids then you shouldn’t have them and no wonder so many wasters in the UK because the government makes it easy for them to be this way, one accidental pregnancy is fair enough but any more than that, nah not buying it.
I think it’s tax credits/universal credits that are capped at 2 children now, I think you can claim child benefit for more than 2. It’s £20-something for your first child & £13-something (Per week) for any further children. Either way I do agree that it should quite rightly be capped!

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Just putting my two cents in! Last year I had to briefly go onto UC after my maternity ended and I was asked about my housing situation/how I paid rent and whether or not I’d need housing benefits, I was 21, so I’m not sure if it depends on area but definetly not capped for under 25s here! I know loooooads of people getting their rent paid. I agree though, too many people take the piss.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Housing benefit is paid to the full allowance for mums with young children including the under 25s. So if she's in a 2 bed property she will be entitled to the 2 bedroom property rate.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Creepy men are her bre

If she is in the next series then she will have been told to keep that quiet so that we don’t find out until September when the second series of the year is usually on, it will be the same with Megan & Tel just announcing their break up once the series was over.

Don’t tell me Emma is another desperate and needy Amber, Megan and Shannon, who all desperately and stupidly had a second baby to keep their men and denied it, what an aspiration eh, not even 20 and second baby on way and on benefits most likely.

I couldnt agree more with you. I know some may say its harsh but Megan, Amber and Shannon all went in for a 2nd baby when they were not in secure relationships and its embarrassing. Surprise surprise, none of them are together with their baby daddys anymore. This is why Chloe is my favourite. Yes she is princessy and a nag, and yes she has been lucky enough to benefit from some help from parents, but at least she has used that help to make good decisions. Learn to drive, buy a house, i.e not decide to get pregnant again 🙈

If Emma is pregnant again, then I'm sorry she is truly a div. She is a fantastic mum, but very naive and a fool when it comes to mumbly Joe.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Just putting my two cents in! Last year I had to briefly go onto UC after my maternity ended and I was asked about my housing situation/how I paid rent and whether or not I’d need housing benefits, I was 21, so I’m not sure if it depends on area but definetly not capped for under 25s here! I know loooooads of people getting their rent paid. I agree though, too many people take the piss.
Maybe they didn’t do that for HB then but I could have sworn they were going too.

Don’t get me wrong, it’s great that the UK has the welfare system because sometimes people lose their jobs and so need a bit of help until they’re back on their feet, but I know lots that use it as a way of life and that’s very chavvy and just not right.

I couldnt agree more with you. I know some may say its harsh but Megan, Amber and Shannon all went in for a 2nd baby when they were not in secure relationships and its embarrassing. Surprise surprise, none of them are together with their baby daddys anymore. This is why Chloe is my favourite. Yes she is princessy and a nag, and yes she has been lucky enough to benefit from some help from parents, but at least she has used that help to make good decisions. Learn to drive, buy a house, i.e not decide to get pregnant again 🙈

If Emma is pregnant again, then I'm sorry she is truly a div. She is a fantastic mum, but very naive and a fool when it comes to mumbly Joe.
This is why Chloe is my fave too, sure she lacks self awareness at times, sometimes we all do, but she doesn’t just sit in all the time and I actually think she is too young to know what she wants to do for the rest of her life, and this is maybe why she has fleeting moments of wanting to be a midwife etc etc.

I do believe that Amber is suffering with depression still, counselling for depression is great but I think antidepressants and counselling at the same time will cure depression faster, it’s a chemical imbalance so counselling alone won’t help.

I also think your upbringing has everything to do with it and Chloe is the only girl whose parents are still together which is obviously why she is the most emotionally stable.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Maybe they didn’t do that for HB then but I could have sworn they were going too.

Don’t get me wrong, it’s great that the UK has the welfare system because sometimes people lose their jobs and so need a bit of help until they’re back on their feet, but I know lots that use it as a way of life and that’s very chavvy and just not right.

This is why Chloe is my fave too, sure she lacks self awareness at times, sometimes we all do, but she doesn’t just sit in all the time and I actually think she is too young to know what she wants to do for the rest of her life, and this is maybe why she has fleeting moments of wanting to be a midwife etc etc.

I do believe that Amber is suffering with depression still, counselling for depression is great but I think antidepressants and counselling at the same time will cure depression faster, it’s a chemical imbalance so counselling alone won’t help.

I also think your upbringing has everything to do with it and Chloe is the only girl whose parents are still together which is obviously why she is the most emotionally stable.
Yeah I agree I think chloe gets a hard time about her changing her mind but I dont see why it's an issue if thats what she wants at the time then changes her mind its not a crime. Most people go through phases. Sassi and Amber both did as well. It's like when kids want to do a different hobbien, changing their mind from week to the next.

• Heart
Reactions: 3

Completely agree. Chloe has the fortunate circumstances that the other girls don't. Stable homelife and comfortably well off parents. Her mum and dad had her very late in life she said, her mum was like 38 when she had her and 40 when she had her brother. Stark contrast. Chloe does irritate me, she isnt perfect, but I still prefer her ways to the other girls.

Watching Megan ask her boyfriend of what, 6 months, to "baby make" with her when she already has 2 kids from another baby daddy at age 21..was just a joke. Does she have a secret house within her flat or a secret stash of money? I'm in my 30s with a toddler and a full time job but I know kids cost money. Does she think about the affect it will have her on kids just bringing up a new baby?

It's no secret that Amber is my least favourite of the mums. I just never have had a good vibe from her at all. Her and Ste are as bad as each other I don't care what anyone says. I remember the early days when Ste still loved her and she would flaunt flowers that she received from other men in his face. Throughout the series she seems to be only interested in one thing, having a boyfriend. Her behaviour when Ste was with Kirsty was shocking, not to mention the pair of them screaming in front of Brooklyn who sadly just looked like he was used to it. If she has got depression then I hope she gets help for it of course but I wish she had some get up and go for a different way of life, not just mum and girlfriend.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.