Teen Mum UK #15

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m not judging Mia but is it a normal thing to give toys/presents for your child on Easter Sunday? I get not wanting them to have more than an egg or two so I get them an Easter book and teddy as well, But now I feel like I’ve done it wrong and should have got them presents. Just curious never seen it done like that before. I’ve seen the baskets but never toys like you’d get for Christmas/birthdays. But I suppose it’s up to you how you do it, just wondering.
I prefer to buy a gift than an egg as they always end up with far too much choc , a small gift £10 approx and a small £1 egg , I wouldn’t be buying mountains of gifts though

Reactions: 8
It’s becoming more common for kids to get gifts at Easter now. I never did growing up and apart from the occasional stuffed toy you sometimes get with Easter eggs, we don’t do toys for our kids either. Doesn’t look like my kids have that much this year anyway tbf, a lot of my family haven’t bothered to make the effort because of the pandemic. Luckily they’re just happy to have chocolate regardless. Cringing at all the Easter egg piles on my socials this morning 😬

Honestly think it’s a crazy concept to buy gifts at Easter 😂.. I don’t like loads of eggs for my kids so I get a couple and maybe a book and pair of pjs. Just another holiday where Facebook parents can show everyone how great a parent they are with all the presents they’ve bought imo 🙄

Reactions: 9
Gawd I hope it doesn’t become a thing to buy gifts at Easter. I’m lapsed in faith right now but it still feels really wrong to give gifts at Easter. The chocolate is already pretty far removed from the meaning but sort of the norm (and who doesn’t like chocolate) but at least with Christmas there was actual gift giving in the nativity. All these new traditions are gonna make people skint 🤣

Reactions: 11
Honestly think it’s a crazy concept to buy gifts at Easter 😂.. I don’t like loads of eggs for my kids so I get a couple and maybe a book and pair of pjs. Just another holiday where Facebook parents can show everyone how great a parent they are with all the presents they’ve bought imo 🙄
I. It a chocolate rgg or a gift my kids don't get both. But only because they always need something by Easter so it's an excuse to buy them something they need.

i know as a child i only had easter eggs, my nieces and nephew have eggs and i think a little outfit from their nan on their mum's side, but nothing out of the ordinary, however so many families do it differently and i think we all just end up doing for our kids what our parents did for us
I see nothing wrong with gifts at easter though if that's what they do

Reactions: 2
I ask relatives to buy him colouring books, craft stuff ect. Something cheap and cheerful so no pressure. Otherwise we end up with soo many Easter eggs that I’ll eat 😆

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I get mine two small eggs and a item of clothing...usually a t-shirt or those H&M little dresses they do for less than a fiver.

I don't have the patience to be one of those 'Do it for the gram' huns. Ain't nobody I'm tryna please except my kids 👍😅

• Angry
Yeah what is this Easter egg display nowadays? As if a kid is going to get through ten eggs and then all the basket extras it’s ott and just another way to brag in all honesty. My kid has three eggs and a thing of hot chocolate (to make in a personalised cup thing) and that’s it; defo not succumbing to the pressures of social media when in reality one egg in and your kid is bouncing off the walls so what is the point?!

Oh one other thing unrelated to the Easter topic as such but has anyone seen Dylan’s snaps? Out late at night in cars with other people watching others skid in their cars and race (I presume) I found myself feeling slightly sorry for reanne stuck at home with three kids - and it seems single now; I mean she did make her bed don’t get me wrong - but it just made me think wow men can really just move on with their lives and do as they please whether they have kids or not when you break up but she’s really now stuck with 2 under 2 and a 5 year old during half term, I don’t envy her! I reckon she’s trying to keep a low profile until they get back together since they’re so on and off but he really seems to be out there enjoying his new found freedom 🥴.

• Angry
Yeah what is this Easter egg display nowadays? As if a kid is going to get through ten eggs and then all the basket extras it’s ott and just another way to brag in all honesty. My kid has three eggs and a thing of hot chocolate (to make in a personalised cup thing) and that’s it; defo not succumbing to the pressures of social media when in reality one egg in and your kid is bouncing off the walls so what is the point?!

Oh one other thing unrelated to the Easter topic as such but has anyone seen Dylan’s snaps? Out late at night in cars with other people watching others skid in their cars and race (I presume) I found myself feeling slightly sorry for reanne stuck at home with three kids - and it seems single now; I mean she did make her bed don’t get me wrong - but it just made me think wow men can really just move on with their lives and do as they please whether they have kids or not when you break up but she’s really now stuck with 2 under 2 and a 5 year old during half term, I don’t envy her! I reckon she’s trying to keep a low profile until they get back together since they’re so on and off but he really seems to be out there enjoying his new found freedom 🥴.
I saw them, the same on Tels, who was posting doing balloons while watching!😬

Reactions: 1
I’m not judging Mia but is it a normal thing to give toys/presents for your child on Easter Sunday? I get not wanting them to have more than an egg or two so I get them an Easter book and teddy as well, But now I feel like I’ve done it wrong and should have got them presents. Just curious never seen it done like that before. I’ve seen the baskets but never toys like you’d get for Christmas/birthdays. But I suppose it’s up to you how you do it, just wondering.
I give my kids toys too but just 1 toy and eater chocolates

Reactions: 1
When I was a kid I got one egg and that's all my child got today! All these stupid extravagant easter baskets and tit is all for likes!!

• Angry
I get my little girl a summer toy or 2 (this year a bubble mower and sand toys) just because her birthday is so near Christmas and I’d rather give her the toys instead of chocolate but I think it’s personal choice.

Reactions: 3
My son got 2 books and a teddy cos he’s still wee but I will absolutely not be spending fortunes in future easters to come. Still financially recovering from Christmas 😂

spent the past 2 nights reading through these threads and they did not disappoint.

Reactions: 5
Where you’re going wrong is assuming that you have to do anything these people do. These Easter baskets and what not were never a thing when I was a kid and I’m 27. We used to get a tenner for the local fairground and a few Easter eggs. That was more than enough to keep us happy as kids.

I saw someone on Instagram this morning (she has 8 kids) they had at least 5 or 6 eggs each and I thought yeah right, I’d hate to be in that house with those kids hyper af 😂

In America it’s like another Christmas. They get a whole basket of gifts.
My husbands from the USA — He’s over there at the moment, at an Easter event. They celebrate HARD when it comes to Easter. Well, the Christians do anyway.

Last edited:
I just watched Shannon and Sassi's stories on the show, and I do think this spin off story season they're doing does feel like a goodbye to the whole show in the UK? Just some of the stuff that they were saying, like Shannon saying how glad she was that she did it and how many memories it gave her, and Sassi talking about what she hopes for the future. May just be they are recalling their experience but does sort of feel like a farewell!

I just watched Shannon and Sassi's stories on the show, and I do think this spin off story season they're doing does feel like a goodbye to the whole show in the UK? Just some of the stuff that they were saying, like Shannon saying how glad she was that she did it and how many memories it gave her, and Sassi talking about what she hopes for the future. May just be they are recalling their experience but does sort of feel like a farewell!
As much as I’d love there to be a new series with them all it just wouldn’t make sense. Their not teen mums anymore for starters their all in their twenties and their kids are all in school now. I do wonder what they think the future will hold for all of them. This influencer malarkey is all going to come to an end at some point. If I was them
I’d be thinking what can I train in that’s actually going to earn me money when this is all over. As soon as there are new teen mums they won’t be relevant anymore.

Reactions: 2
As much as I’d love there to be a new series with them all it just wouldn’t make sense. Their not teen mums anymore for starters their all in their twenties and their kids are all in school now. I do wonder what they think the future will hold for all of them. This influencer malarkey is all going to come to an end at some point. If I was them
I’d be thinking what can I train in that’s actually going to earn me money when this is all over. As soon as there are new teen mums they won’t be relevant anymore.
True but the American OG’s definitely aren’t teen mums anymore either and they still have their show.
To be honest I would rather they restarted with new mums, I’m pretty bored of these ones now 🙈.

Is Brett ok? Does he just sit in his bedroom with cans, cigs and a bag of coke?! 🙄 I’ve included the original screen shot of his IG stories also
"Maybe I should actually pay for gas am freezing" looool such a lad not putting his heating on 🥴 what a muppet honestly flashing his ciggies and coke as though it makes him a G but just makes him look like a pathetic child playing wannabe

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.