Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Guybrush

It was the midwife that looked after me as a teen mum that inspired me to go on to become a Midwife. It wasn’t because I was a Mum and I certainly didn’t think because I had a baby that it meant I would be the world’s best midwife. I was 16, had no clue about what I wanted to do/become. Midwifery had never been on my radar until I actually met one and one was totally inspiring. I wrote to her when my baby was three months old thanking her for everything and saying that she had inspired me & that I was interested in finding out more. She met me for a coffee, talked to me about the role, responsibilities, the pros the cons etc. I got a job as a Midwifery Assistant and then eventually did my training and the rest is history. But it was down to meeting that one particularly inspiring woman. Not because I was a teenager and not because I was a mum.
That's amazing. I bet one day you'll be that inspiration for someone else.

• Heart
Reactions: 4

Okimbored

If Brooklyn had ADHD his behaviour would be apparent in school also aswell if he had autism. So it's more then likely his behaviour stems from his home environment
If he has autism, he could be masking if he doesn’t act the same in school. I was exactly the same, I would play up and be very misbehaved at home but would be very quiet and we’ll behaved at school and I’m autistic.

Blue1989

VIP Member
Exactly. Ste’s teeth have got worse since the last time he was on Teen Mum! Do the dads get paid for being on there too? Because I can’t believe that wouldn’t be the first thing you’d spend money on!
He has a phobia of the dentist. So I don't think money is the issue

bigrednumber9

Well guess we will just have to beg to differ, and no offence meant to Amber, but her home environment has alot to be desired which I'm almost certain would of had an adverse effect on Brooklyn behaviour aswell. And it also looks like she will also be making the same mistakes, with the little one aswell, which is not instilling discipline and boundaries at an early enough age.
Not to also mention the constant arguments between her & Ste always in front of her children.
That’s fine, it’s just extremely damaging to the autistic community to have this mind set though😊.

That's exactly why I cant stand them teen mom 2 & OG ones, plus the fact they are all nearly in their 30's yet its still portrayed as teen mom's. Only one I enjoy and find relatable is the young & pregnant show
I think the US series will end soon anyway. I don’t think ratings are that great. OG and TM 2 have become one series - TM legacy

Jennytea

VIP Member
I doubt the council will move her because she wants something smaller and more modern and she’d be a fool to give up a secure tenancy to privately rent.
It’s def not a council house

Yes that’s what is was I completely forgot what it was called, I’m sure that’s what Chloe’s doing
I know what exam you mean, that’s normally for foundation students and access courses though, normally runs along side it? Chloe isn’t on any other courses she’s literally said she’s just doing 1 maths GCSE 😭 She would’ve been smarter to have done an access or foundation course and done the functional maths or maths GCSE along side it like everyone else does . That takes one year, this girl has dragged this all on for years 🙃🤣

Leo100

VIP Member
Its hard to say if a child would be taken for being hit or not , they would have to assess the situation and each case would be different there won't be a list of rules )so to speak) on when you should remove a child

I work for children services and she definitely didn’t lose her kids (if she has) because of one “smack” even if the local authority did try to remove them through court (which I highly doubt) if it was a open handed smack that left no marks then any good solicitor would argue that it was “lawful physical chastisement”

Rach88

VIP Member
Exactly! Like I’ve promised myself if I ever have to be that woman that needs to check my partners phone then I would have to force myself to leave.
If it was the other way round and it was Jordan having Chloes accounts on his phone their would be ww3 and people saying he’s controlling and a narcissist for it but because it’s Chloe it’s seen as normal.
Just goes to show the shows she’s putting on making out they are stronger than ever when reality the Instagram relationship is on the rocks really

But… not making excuses up but his phobia maybe even stopping him making a phone call to the dentist for even a check up. He may not know how to register etc or even have one. 🤷🏼‍♀️ I don’t know I’m a bit more understanding, knowing loads of people that’s been in care who have never been the dentist this is what they’ve told me why they don’t know or they just don’t see the point as they haven’t been in ages so what’s the point now Ste could have the same mindset
Agree with you here and at the minute dentists round here (Lancashire) are still not taking on either and during a house move I forgot to sign up with a different one then all of a sudden covid hit and I'm too terrified to see an emergency dentist desperately need a filling but would need to be sedated and they're not sedating for fillings 😂

Londonsays

Chatty Member
I must of heard a different conversation with Maggie and Mia because I didn’t think anything said was ‘harsh’ or ‘brutal’. Seemed a pretty pointless conversation to me.

Here2BNosey

Waiting times in my area are around 3 years for Autism assessments and about the same for ADHD.

Sorry to change the subject but, Am I being really picky in thinking Dylan should have had his toddler son have some shoes on while playing on a zip wire? Also noticed Dylan had the kids yesterday and gone away for his birthday yet it doesn't look like Ree has them today? 🤔

JHB73

Chatty Member
Wait a minute sorry to go off topic but are you saying a child with ODD is down to bad parenting?
No not just, it's usually a combination of genetics, social environmental and insecure attachment. Whereas ADHD and autism are absolutely nothing to do with parenting, environment and attachment.

Also that wasn't meant to offend anyone
No not just, it's usually a combination of genetics, social environmental and insecure attachment. Whereas ADHD and autism are absolutely nothing to do with parenting, environment and attachment.
Also that was meant to offend anyone so sorry if I have, I also don't want to get into a debate about it, I was only mentioning it because people were saying Brooklyns behaviour might be because of him social environment. I'm not a doctor just saying what I've read/heard about ODD. Hopefully we can move on and get back on topic. Sorry! X

Last edited:

_basic_

VIP Member
I don’t think Brooklyn has adhd. There’s a test you have to do for this first, the Woodcock-Johnson test which is a bit shit tbh but it’s the first port of call after a doctors referral. If this graph doesn’t show the traits in so many areas or settings then the assessment can be continued with a psych depending on where they are in the country (diff doctors etc). To me, Brooklyn shows some of the typical traits of adhd (the stereotype traits) however if he’s passed the graph test they would be unlikely to continue down this avenue. It’s possible he is on the autism spectrum which I know less about apart from I do suspect that myself and my daughter are on there somewhere but I know nothing about diagnosing it. It does annoy me when people excuse their childrens bad behaviour as adhd because it’s actually quite hard to get a diagnoses. My daughter was assessed for 7 years back and forth before being diagnosed as severe. Brooklyn (IMO) displays the stereotypical traits of adhd on screen so in that case his graph scores would match up and produce enough evidence to progress with assessments. So either he has been dismissed for adhd or Blackpool CAMHS is very poor which is also likely, for the amount of time it’s been going on. Amber says she waiting for this and that, if it were me I’d be badgering them all the time if I had the time (no job). I do think Amber is depressed and this is probably why she isn’t pushing and why she’s not really bothered about the house etc.