TeamRH

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just found this thread. It’s shocking to here everyone’s bad experiences.
It’s funny I was looking at their fb page and I noticed they don’t have reviews activated. I believe this is because on Facebook negative reviews cannot be deleted and also fake “good” reviews are harder to detect.
move never known a good strong business to deactivate the review option on their social media page. I’m a business owner myself and my fb reviews are important in the portrayal of my business
Another example of how he has to have total control over everything, his mantra was 'no bleeping moaning ' so even if you are unhappy about any aspects of his 'plan' you are not allowed to voice your opinions.
Totally onesided!

Reactions: 7
Nat is lovely, people sometimes have to put their own morals to one side when they have to put food on the table for their kids.

In terms of having a bad feeling about the hubby your radar is pretty spot on, he's notorious for sexting people on social media platforms has a lot of the same narcissistic traits as RH too i felt so sorry for her as it was being discussed on a FB group whether theyd split or not due to a couple of girls stating they were talking to him. I gather they have now split, he is very friendly with RH isnt he
I reserve judgement on that from a way a few people I know have been totally ignored by her despite being very very nice to her. I totally understand she and others have to put food on table, but your actions and who you align yourself with long term decide if you are ''lovely'' or not.
I used to have a lot of time for Rachael, but at the end of the day, it gets to the stage when you are complicit. No bright smile or nice demeanour will define who we are, it is our actions in life.

Reactions: 9
I signed up to TRH last September. I'd heard nothing but good things on social media sites and the reviews on trust pilot seemed overwhelmingly positive (now I know why) and it was such a waste of £50. I only lasted a few weeks. Some annoying things that happened...

It was nice to get a much higher calorie limit - I'm 5'0 and, despite having around 8 stone to lose, most TDEE calculators will default me to 1200 because of my height - but the protein limit was insane at 134g per day. Anyone asking about meeting protein on the facebook group was slammed as an idiot who didn't read the ultra basic image of high protein foods. In an ideal week I'll have 4/5 fully plant based days and, despite RH repeatedly saying that it was easy to meet any protein requirement on a vegan diet without protein powder I worked out it would take 7.7 big cans of chickpeas to get that amount of protein, which would also be the entire calorie amount allowed. Even on days where I had some fish or meat I struggled to get to 134g because I didn't want it for every meal.

Getting in 15,000 steps was exhausting. I'm WFH and it would take me around one hour to do 5,000 steps so I'd start work at 7, finish at 4 then go straight out (rain or shine) and walk as fast as possible non-stop until 7. I walk very slowly (a combination of tiny legs, asthma, and being large) compared to most people but I felt like a failure if I didn't get my steps in. He would say in the lives that when he was calling people lazy for not getting their steps he wasn't referring to people with health conditions but it sounded insincere whenever he said it. I think he was just pissed off that people had kept calling him out for it.

Someone mentioned on the group that they had a can of diet coke (2 calories) and the TRH app had logged it as 50 calories. They were told that there are some unhealthy foods/drinks that the app classes as more calories in order to stop you having them often. At this point I couldn't trust their app anymore.

The final nail in the coffin though was when RH started banging on about calories in medicines. He posted a huge rant about how people are so stupid because they don't know about calories in prescription medication and don't bother to count it because they're lazy and obviously don't give a damn about losing weight. For things like cough sweets (100 calories for 3) I could possibly understand but I was sitting there trying to work out how many calories were in my asthma tablets and panicking about taking them incase they were too high.

Luckily I gave my head a wobble, realised I could potentially become dangerously obsessed if I stayed there and deleted the app. I felt for ages like I was the only one who had an issue with them because, again, I hear nothing but good things. Pleased I've found this thread and it isn't just me who was bothered by their approach.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
I signed up to TRH last September. I'd heard nothing but good things on social media sites and the reviews on trust pilot seemed overwhelmingly positive (now I know why) and it was such a waste of £50. I only lasted a few weeks. Some annoying things that happened...

It was nice to get a much higher calorie limit - I'm 5'0 and, despite having around 8 stone to lose, most TDEE calculators will default me to 1200 because of my height - but the protein limit was insane at 134g per day. Anyone asking about meeting protein on the facebook group was slammed as an idiot who didn't read the ultra basic image of high protein foods. In an ideal week I'll have 4/5 fully plant based days and, despite RH repeatedly saying that it was easy to meet any protein requirement on a vegan diet without protein powder I worked out it would take 7.7 big cans of chickpeas to get that amount of protein, which would also be the entire calorie amount allowed. Even on days where I had some fish or meat I struggled to get to 134g because I didn't want it for every meal.

Getting in 15,000 steps was exhausting. I'm WFH and it would take me around one hour to do 5,000 steps so I'd start work at 7, finish at 4 then go straight out (rain or shine) and walk as fast as possible non-stop until 7. I walk very slowly (a combination of tiny legs, asthma, and being large) compared to most people but I felt like a failure if I didn't get my steps in. He would say in the lives that when he was calling people lazy for not getting their steps he wasn't referring to people with health conditions but it sounded insincere whenever he said it. I think he was just pissed off that people had kept calling him out for it.

Someone mentioned on the group that they had a can of diet coke (2 calories) and the TRH app had logged it as 50 calories. They were told that there are some unhealthy foods/drinks that the app classes as more calories in order to stop you having them often. At this point I couldn't trust their app anymore.

The final nail in the coffin though was when RH started banging on about calories in medicines. He posted a huge rant about how people are so stupid because they don't know about calories in prescription medication and don't bother to count it because they're lazy and obviously don't give a damn about losing weight. For things like cough sweets (100 calories for 3) I could possibly understand but I was sitting there trying to work out how many calories were in my asthma tablets and panicking about taking them incase they were too high.

Luckily I gave my head a wobble, realised I could potentially become dangerously obsessed if I stayed there and deleted the app. I felt for ages like I was the only one who had an issue with them because, again, I hear nothing but good things. Pleased I've found this thread and it isn't just me who was bothered by their approach.
Thank goodness you got out when you did. It’s sad that others won’t see the damage caused until too late.

Reactions: 8

My other half, who has actual degrees and Masters in these areas (unlike anyone managing or “coaching” in Team RH) says 15,000 steps a day is completely ridiculous for most people, and that even 10,000 steps can be unrealistic for people depending on their job etc. He says it’s setting people up for failure or burnout. He also says the protein targets of 120g plus are crazy and again very difficult for a typical person to hit. So it’s absolutely not just you, I’ve said it before - they’re clueless about real life and real issues. Most of us are now trying to juggle working a real job (from home or on the frontline) whilst home schooling or looking after little people/ relatives and/or missing our friends and family. Richie and Rachael don’t have any of that stuff to worry about. I’m sure we could all smash workouts, hit 15,000 steps and hit all our macros 100% if we literally had nothing else in our lives besides that!

• Heart
Reactions: 12
What is their edge anyway just the support? People seem to make the same comments about them online like they're brain washed.

Reactions: 4

Welcome, yes the protein targets are insane.

Mine was at 120g a day but the WHO suggested that 84g was a safer aim so I looked to achieve that each day.

I also follow Rebelfit who I adore and eventually realised that despite their anti diet rhetoric TeamRH are just another batshit diet company. Anyone ranting about calories in medicines is batshit....I think Rebelfit called them out for some of their stuff. They blocked him from their page although he has never ever blocked them from his. He isn't a diet though and talks about health having loads of pillars...food and nutrition is just one. He's very HAES positive.

• Heart
I was a member about 3 years ago. It’s an absolutely vile toxic group with no support at all.

I have struggled with BED my whole life because of a parent who restricted my food, used to use our dog to chase me around a field to exercise and berated me constantly for being overweight.

I’ve never successfully lost weight as emotional overeating always wins. I once asked for help in the group and Richie made me the subject of one of his rants. Using my full name. Calling me lazy and pathetic. Told me I was going to die. Told me I will never lose weight because I am weak and I actually don’t deserve to be thin or deserve his help.

At the time I was working 40 hours a week in my main job, then building a business which was another 30 hours a week - I tried to explain to him I didn’t have time to get 15,000 steps in but it was just pathetic excuses apparently. He set me back years. I’ve still not made any progress on my weight loss as in the back of my mind I hear his voice and my dads about how I’ll always be fat and lazy.

Im glad people have mentioned Preece - I always liked him and was aware of the fallout and the poor woman who was getting legal letters etc - I hope she stood her ground and stood up to them. Maybe I will have a look at Preece today and see if it’s time to make some changes.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
I was a member about 3 years ago. It’s an absolutely vile toxic group with no support at all.

I have struggled with BED my whole life because of a parent who restricted my food, used to use our dog to chase me around a field to exercise and berated me constantly for being overweight.

I’ve never successfully lost weight as emotional overeating always wins. I once asked for help in the group and Richie made me the subject of one of his rants. Using my full name. Calling me lazy and pathetic. Told me I was going to die. Told me I will never lose weight because I am weak and I actually don’t deserve to be thin or deserve his help.

At the time I was working 40 hours a week in my main job, then building a business which was another 30 hours a week - I tried to explain to him I didn’t have time to get 15,000 steps in but it was just pathetic excuses apparently. He set me back years. I’ve still not made any progress on my weight loss as in the back of my mind I hear his voice and my dads about how I’ll always be fat and lazy.

Im glad people have mentioned Preece - I always liked him and was aware of the fallout and the poor woman who was getting legal letters etc - I hope she stood her ground and stood up to them. Maybe I will have a look at Preece today and see if it’s time to make some changes.
I honestly do not know how people can ever support him for calling you lazy and pathetic, it seems to be some sort of cult group who adore being treat like rubbish.

Why have watchdog or national newspapers not got hold of someone with hundreds of thousands of followers calling people excuse makers, and more worryingly there are hundreds if not thousands with the most horrendous of dealings with them. If you join somewhere and do not lose weight, then fair play, no progress but start again elsewhere or another diet entirely etc. However to come away with feeling suicidal or with PTSD symptoms is large scale abuse in my opinion, how is he getting away with it?

Reactions: 5
Me too! Hes a narcissistic arrogant prat!

Vile man
Yes I have commented on that but I've made similar comments before. RH has backtracked a bit in saying that if you're really ill then of course you shouldn't be calorie counting.

I think he has a lot of issues and that most of them are tied up with an abusive childhood. He's posted about that before but forgets he's now an adult who can make adult choices.

If and when Rebelfit messes up (and sometimes he does) he is the first one to say "I apologise, I've reflected on what I said and I was dick." I have yet to see RH step back and say "I'm so sorry, I got that utterly wrong".

Reactions: 9

He's nothing but a bully bastard and I hope someone punches him square on the nose one of these days!!

I'm so sorry you had to endure all of that in your childhood and then have that clown adding to your stress. He's nothing but a nasty little nobody and I'm convinced he will be his own downfall one of these days. He must be the most unhappy person on the planet. He can sit there counting his pounds in the bank, every gravy train runs out eventually.

Don't even worry about losing weight right now. We are all told we shouldn't be fat, we should be this, be that... but being fat or rather HAVING fat is not a crime!! We are all built differently. We all have our vices, some people drink, some smoke, some eat. It doesn't make you any less of a person!! You will do it when you feel ready. Please believe in yourself because one day it will just click in and you will do it for you, in a way that suits you 💗

• Heart
Reactions: 12
What is their edge anyway just the support? People seem to make the same comments about them online like they're brain washed.
If negative reviews or comments were allowed it would be totally different story! They are brainwashed by him and his crap!

• Heart
Reactions: 4

I’m so so sorry he treated you like that, it says so much about who he is as a person and is nothing to do with you and your worth. I think the lady who was getting legal letters got help from james smith’s legal team in the end. Please don’t feel pressured to lose weight although that’s easier said than done I know. If you do decide to look at Preece nutrition then please be reassured he is an absolute gent, he is so kind and supportive and he doesn’t have a filthy crude mouth!

• Heart
Reactions: 5
What an absolute bleep

Shame there's nowhere to report him to for his bad practices.
He must get reported to Facebook regularly, he’s had bans in the past.

He seems to be misogynist and disablist, for a start.

I can’t see how being called lazy, fat shites inspires anyone. The finger in hole stuff says it all about him.

He’s an ignorant and immature lad.

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.