Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Exaffiliate

So I am one of the ex affiliates. The time I spent being affiliated with TeamRH has left me with mental health scars, that bad that I feel like i have PTSD when I see their posts.

The way we were treated as affiliates was so shocking. And the fact that some of them are still there, working for him makes me honestly sick.

Richie told me me I was too ugly to go live. And that I needed to wear make up and "nicer" clothes.

I didn't realise that they were now charging people for missing payments, but it does not surprise me in the slightest. That man is only interested in the money.

I was a member from very early on, and I was completely sucked in to their BS.

I was "lucky" to get out without him threatening me with legal actions, unlike a lot of the other affs, but the lasting affect he has had on my mental health. Not so lucky.

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 30

bikerbabe

Long post, apologies.
Well I have had an interesting day reading these 45 pages. Have signed up so I could comment. I joined Team RH back in July 19 and to be fair the plan worked for me. I have lost 70lbs and am much more mobile and actually enjoy lifting weights at home which I never dreamt I would. I am no spring chicken, 57 this year. I quickly got to grips with the plan and threw myself into the community. That’s when it all started to go down hill. Love the calorie clubs they had then they were really helpful. But they were stopped with no consultation. I tried to challenge this by email and said it felt like a dictatorship, woah that hit a nerve. Was told it was his company and he would do what he liked. So I had a load of members from my calorie club message in despaire, and for a few months we had a private what’s app group. Moving on I saw lots of comments from people on the public page and replied trying to help them. Received a message from the man himself telling me members weren’t supposed to post on their as he paid his coaches on a commission basis and they weren’t earning as much because of it. Not a good business model in my view, it’s worse than car sales. So that left the members group in the pod and the odd posts team rh made. Again tried to help people with how to create a recipe and where to find things in the help centre. Was warned again that was coaching. Then the funniest thing was I posted a picture of one of the affiliates pages as someone asked what it was, this was a picture mind not a link and got a 3 day suspension from the page as I was in breach of rules as I had posted a link. I wouldn’t mind but it was to one of the ladies pages that gives her heart and soul to people. I did message her and told her and she actually said yeah it’s not allowed. There have quite a lot of people now with pages who in effect are promoting their business, some in an informal way and others are branded affiliates yet there is no one on anything to do with team rh that advertises these pages. It’s like a dirty secret you are not allowed to mention.
I more recently have had members messaging me via fb privately asking for help as they are too scared to ask the coaches or post in the group. Also had a couple of ladies from the reverse dieting/bulking group as they felt there was no support unless you wanted to pile on the weights and go to silly calories. I asked for support on this and was met with don’t know why you don’t want to bulk but you still need to do calliper measurements to reverse diet. I had no intention of doing that. A quick search of google gives you all you need.
So a few weeks back I contacted Peter at Preece via messenger to see what he could offer when my team rh ended as I would be wanting to stop dieting and maintain. What a pleasant surprise to get a series of voice messages all about it. So I though ok will stick it out till the end of June. They yesterday without any notification was suspended again from posting for a week this time. In the sin bin again. I had to email, to ask why and was told they didn’t like my posts. I said it wasn’t very professional for a million pound company to suspend their paying customers without even having the decency to tell me why until I asked. The initial reply was we have thousands of members and we will choose who to contact and let them know. Sounds like they are suspending an awful lot then if it’s too onerous a task to let people know. Bear in mind this is a company and I am a paying customer who has bought their product. They are now back tracking and saying I should have had something and will look into it.
So I found it fascinating to read this thread and all the comments of which I agree with. It is definitely a case of if you don’t play by their rules and praise him to the heights they will remove you. Some of their posts are very uncomfortable to be honest. I am a pretty level headed person and don’t have any issues mentally with any of this in fact I find their behaviour laughable. However on a more serious note, if I was not of the nature I am I could see how the approach and behaviour could seriously damage what could be some very vulnerable people. So I can no longer be a part of this cult and will be looking to give Preece a go to help me finish my journey. Anyway thanks for listening if you got this far.

• Heart
Reactions: 27

Barbroylesgob

I was a member about 3 years ago. It’s an absolutely vile toxic group with no support at all.

I have struggled with BED my whole life because of a parent who restricted my food, used to use our dog to chase me around a field to exercise and berated me constantly for being overweight.

I’ve never successfully lost weight as emotional overeating always wins. I once asked for help in the group and Richie made me the subject of one of his rants. Using my full name. Calling me lazy and pathetic. Told me I was going to die. Told me I will never lose weight because I am weak and I actually don’t deserve to be thin or deserve his help.

At the time I was working 40 hours a week in my main job, then building a business which was another 30 hours a week - I tried to explain to him I didn’t have time to get 15,000 steps in but it was just pathetic excuses apparently. He set me back years. I’ve still not made any progress on my weight loss as in the back of my mind I hear his voice and my dads about how I’ll always be fat and lazy.

Im glad people have mentioned Preece - I always liked him and was aware of the fallout and the poor woman who was getting legal letters etc - I hope she stood her ground and stood up to them. Maybe I will have a look at Preece today and see if it’s time to make some changes.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 26

AnderbeauJohnson

VIP Member
I signed up to TRH last September. I'd heard nothing but good things on social media sites and the reviews on trust pilot seemed overwhelmingly positive (now I know why) and it was such a waste of £50. I only lasted a few weeks. Some annoying things that happened...

It was nice to get a much higher calorie limit - I'm 5'0 and, despite having around 8 stone to lose, most TDEE calculators will default me to 1200 because of my height - but the protein limit was insane at 134g per day. Anyone asking about meeting protein on the facebook group was slammed as an idiot who didn't read the ultra basic image of high protein foods. In an ideal week I'll have 4/5 fully plant based days and, despite RH repeatedly saying that it was easy to meet any protein requirement on a vegan diet without protein powder I worked out it would take 7.7 big cans of chickpeas to get that amount of protein, which would also be the entire calorie amount allowed. Even on days where I had some fish or meat I struggled to get to 134g because I didn't want it for every meal.

Getting in 15,000 steps was exhausting. I'm WFH and it would take me around one hour to do 5,000 steps so I'd start work at 7, finish at 4 then go straight out (rain or shine) and walk as fast as possible non-stop until 7. I walk very slowly (a combination of tiny legs, asthma, and being large) compared to most people but I felt like a failure if I didn't get my steps in. He would say in the lives that when he was calling people lazy for not getting their steps he wasn't referring to people with health conditions but it sounded insincere whenever he said it. I think he was just pissed off that people had kept calling him out for it.

Someone mentioned on the group that they had a can of diet coke (2 calories) and the TRH app had logged it as 50 calories. They were told that there are some unhealthy foods/drinks that the app classes as more calories in order to stop you having them often. At this point I couldn't trust their app anymore.

The final nail in the coffin though was when RH started banging on about calories in medicines. He posted a huge rant about how people are so stupid because they don't know about calories in prescription medication and don't bother to count it because they're lazy and obviously don't give a damn about losing weight. For things like cough sweets (100 calories for 3) I could possibly understand but I was sitting there trying to work out how many calories were in my asthma tablets and panicking about taking them incase they were too high.

Luckily I gave my head a wobble, realised I could potentially become dangerously obsessed if I stayed there and deleted the app. I felt for ages like I was the only one who had an issue with them because, again, I hear nothing but good things. Pleased I've found this thread and it isn't just me who was bothered by their approach.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 24

effsy

I am SO glad I came across this thread, I thought I was the only one who hadn't been brainwashed by this fool.

I joined RH around may 2018, as a 19 year old uni student, as I thought Richie was talking sense because I hadn't seen any other slimming group mention calorie deficits before. However, once I joined (this was before the app) I was recommended I think 1600 kcals a day, 15k steps with 130g protein. This was peak exam season for me, and I was struggling to hit 10k let alone 15.

On top of this, I was 19 years old, wanting to go out and drink with mates etc. Instead of encouragement from his page, his posts were always "Youre killing yourself going out with your friends on the sesh every weekend" "Make some sacrifices you've been fat for too long" "Cut off friends that don't understand you're losing weight". Honestly these words are disgusting especially as I was so impressionable and desperate to lose weight at the time, I was barely over 12 stone and to imply I was killing myself by going out drinking guilted me so much.

Also the protein intake they give you is absolutely ludicrous, I was eating meat 3 times a day, eggs once or twice a day, there were still nights I was cooking turkey breasts at 1am to try and get my protein intake to 130g. HOW can they promote this as a viable and sustainable long term plan?

I gave up after probably less than a month as I wasn't seeing any difference and it was taking an extreme toll on my life. Fast forward to now I've graduated with a degree in food science and nutrition, I'm probably ten times more educated on the topic than he is and I am losing weight in a truly sustainable way.

This guy is absolutely deranged, how he motivates his clients is disgusting, he encourages people to cut off every single person that doesn't believe in his bullshit. He preaches how culty clubs like SW/WW are but honestly his minions are ten times worse. Just because he has sacrificed his entire life to be fit and eat a stone of protein every day he believes the rest of us should too. I struggled to follow his plan as a student, I can't imagine how impossible it is to follow as a mum/dad with a 9-5. He is so manipulative over his following and claims to help people who are traumatised from SW/WW, there's no way that telling people they're lazy and not taking weight loss seriously if they don't manage to do 15k steps every day and eat an insane amount of protein is repairing anyone's relationship with food, in fact he's probably making these vulnerable people worse.

Sorry for the rant lol I'm just so glad to finally find people that see him for what he truly is!!

• Heart
Reactions: 22

ChubClubThug

VIP Member
Thread suggestion: TeamRH #2 bum hole poking, ego stroking, leave a 5* review or I'm coming after you

• Haha
Reactions: 21

redrach76

Thank you. After reading through all of these posts, it added to the already uncomfortable feeling and general concerns I had regarding Team RH. I have been a member for about 18 months and successfully lost just over a stone and a half. I’ve no problem with ‘the plan’, calorie deficit makes sense, but I’m sick to death of juvenile name-calling and the constant ‘baiting’ posts. I’ve now emailed and cancelled my membership.

• Heart
Reactions: 19

Swipe Up!

VIP Member
The problem with his plan is it’s too much too soon for the average dieter.

For the average person who wants help losing weight (the majority of which have come from other diet groups such as SW, WW etc and/or have limited knowledge on the what why’s and how’s calories in vs calories out or are just a bit lost), the massive amount of information and macro detail is just unnecessary, overwhelming and not fit for purpose.

I hate to give them a business plan idea, but if they want to appeal and really work they need to look at different levels.
1) average person who wants to lose weight and needs encouragement to move more = realistic calorie amount/realistic deficit based on cals only and a max 10k steps a day.
2) person who has nailed step one and has hit a plateau, stuck in a rut, bored or is ready to increase fitness or who already has a very high step count daily = introduction to basic macros but with realistic targets and increased steps/workouts
3) those experienced in training/exercise, whether that be runners or they go to the gym a lot etc, or those who want to become leaner not just slimmer = increased calories (due to training expectations) with much more detailed macros to support their training with personalised fitness plans along with it.

They also need to get some fucking empathy, take on constructive feedback, evolve and drop the shitty attitude.

He fits into number 3 and expects 64 year old Jean from up the road who’s been on SW for the last 15 years to suddenly start tracking her fucking protein - which probably equals 22 chicken breasts for breakfast - and to do 15k steps even though she’s just had her knee replaced. He’s fucking clueless and can’t see past his own nose.

• Heart
Reactions: 18

Nirobixx

Omg I’m so glad I found this!! I thought it was only me that thought this way!! These guys add to eating disorders massively it made me relapse massively!! I know a few who have tried with them as they want a change and have just piled the weight on once they’ve had a bad few days off plan!!! I lost the plot after a few weeks, the price I paid for a year I expected proper help and support! I expected a detailed weekly support network but you get nothing of the sort! It overwhelmed me massively left me feeling confused and useless and that I was failing! Also the scales they sent me were dodgy!! They read 14lb on the end of every stone!! Not 13lb then up to next stone bracket! I threw them out months ago and bought my own from Amazon! It’s taken me 4 months of beating myself up and a another stone gain to get back on track!! I’d lost 100lb on my own in 17 months (maintained for 18months) eating well and exercising, therapy for my binge and comfort eating but panicked in lock down when I gained 18 lbs back so looked to them for support!! What a massive mistake that was!! It put me back years
Well I’m now back holding off 73lbs, I’ve been loosing on my own for 5 weeks now just loosing around 1lb a week ,feeling strong and positive again! Here’s to the future without this crazy controlling messed up plan that is truly dangerous!! My journey will still be a long one but the fact that I’m on it is the important thing! I’m so sorry others have had bad times with them, something just be done to get these guys away from the public!! Good luck to you all on your journeys xxxxx

• Heart

flibble123

I will say this much: long post coming.

So... I wanted to get fit, over lockdown, I’d put on a few pounds and thought I wanted a bit of help with it.

Team RH said they could help teach nutrition but you still eat real food. Fantastic! So I learned I definitely needed more protein to support the exercise I do, that’s good, more fibre, more water, more movement. Healthy. But then they teach you to ignore your body’s signals.

They don’t monitor if you’re taking it too far. Before Xmas I felt I got too thin, so I started eating more (off of their plan) I felt better for it. I messaged them and said so and they said I had to go back to tracking every calorie even if I wasn’t happy with it as that’s the only way it works, fair enough...

I said I’ve reached my goal, what now? They added me into a group with a load of women with their bones sticking out who are then instructed to get their partners to use callipers on them and pinch their body fat each week to see if they are gaining body fat. If they do, 100 cals down, if they don’t, 100 cals up. The only way to avoid the body fat going up, is to do weights and build muscle and if that doesn’t work, you’re not trying hard enough...

As a feminist it didn’t sit right with me at all!

The women are all very lost and stressed and constantly asking if they look fat / need to diet more. There is minimal official help as the owner (Richie) admits this is 5% of his client base so they invest in the people losing fat as a priority.

The women are told to bulk, there is one woman held as the poster child for bulking who is eating something like 3400 calories a day (up and down 100 a week 😱) who is clearly just putting loads of weight on again who will then be expected to “cut” and reveal the muscle. But there is no instruction offered for anyone that doesn’t want to be a body builder. When I said I had had numerous panic attacks over using these callipers, especially as I have no training and it was telling me I was obese on the website you enter the data into, they (the coaches) just told me I need to practice more. How do you practice something you have no training in?! How can you say it’s safe for people who have prior disordered eating habits (I told them this from the start) to pinch bits of fat endlessly? I am really shocked and disgusted. I have reached out to others in the industry who have said that callipers work, if you want to be a body builder, but intuitive eating and learning about food is better mentally and unfortunately, in my option, team rh do not teach this outside of starve / bulk.

• Wow
  • Sad

Twinkle6

VIP Member
What is the arsehole on about today?

video 1: bangs on about how someone isn’t losing because they aren’t eating within protein/fibre recommendations even although they are in a caloric deficit. He says they are eating shite so that’s why.

video 2 (only a few hours later).: “I could eat McDonald’s every single day in a caloric deficit and still lose fat. It’s not the foods that you eat, it’s being in a caloric deficit “

make up your mind fuckwit

• Haha
Reactions: 16

Diagoras20

Anyone seen Richies latest post about women in controlling relationships and how they should stand up to their bullies and not take any shit. Then a couple of days before saying about dads who say they’re babysitting’. Why is he posting about things he knows fuck all about (parenting) and why is he posting about controlling relationships when he is clearly the one controlling? AND even if he wasn’t, what an ignorant thing to say about someone who is trapped in an abusive relationship.

• Heart
Reactions: 15

Diagoras20

So glad I found this thread! I have been a member since last November and in that time had a major depressive episode and gained a stone, but made to feel like a lazy waste of space because 'no excuses!'. Sent my cancellation email to Ashbourne tonight and joined Preece nutrition, so thank you for the recommendation! I am another who thinks all is not well for Rachael, he is definitely controlling. I want to comment on their videos sometimes and say 'blink 3 times if you're being held against your will hun'.

• Haha
  • Sad

theeyeroller

VIP Member
She said on a live she had fatique and did not have the energy to do the workouts. I suppose it shows she is only human. But imagine if a member said that ,they want you to walk around your house or dance in your kitchen like a maniac to get your steps in.
Yeah obviously it’s terrible if she’s unwell but if it was a size 20 mum of three with a proper job saying on the group she was fatigued Richie would be calling her all sorts!

• Heart

KerChing

Chatty Member
I found the not trying hard enough very annoying - I was up by 5am with my kids & worked 2 part-time jobs around the kids, often finishing at midnight. I really didn’t have time to go out for a walk 😂

theeyeroller

VIP Member
They seemed decent when they started out a few years ago but it’s all unravelling now. He’s lost almost all of his affiliates and qualified staff, but blames it on all of them, and the “coaches” who respond to queries don’t have any official qualifications as far as I’m aware. He makes out as though he’s not in it for the money but is making millions now. He can be really unkind to people, much as I don’t mind the occasional bit of tough love and straight talking, I can’t stand bullying!

OhhBacon

VIP Member
Thank you so much. I totally understand the exercise point. I was avoiding exercise I enjoyed because it didn’t give me as many steps - jogging on the spot like a moron was better for steps, but I really want to do yoga,Joe Wicks, Jillian Michaels, body pump. But none of those got my steps up. They made me feel 100000 times better but who cares if you don’t get your gold star right?!
This was my experience too, I loved Body Pump but it didn’t get my steps up. I began to get confused about doing classes at the gym and honestly went less when I had signed up to RH.

I didn’t know what to do at the gym and the equipment I had in my gym didn’t match what Rachel used in the videos. I was so confused. Add in the uncertainty about what to eat, the encouragement to eat 20% crap, even when I didn’t really want to!

The marching on the spot for an hour when I could have been at Body Pump never made sense to me...not forgetting the irritation that is Baking El popping up on my Facebook doing her walkie talkie kitchen marching...who enjoys that?

I quit and went back to Body Pump, Swimming and running. It works for me and I enjoy it. I’m cooking all meals, drinking more water, eating less rubbish, and focusing on increasing vegetable intake! I love this thread, because it makes me see I wasn’t the only confused one!

• Heart