Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

openbook1

VIP Member
I think she released Evermore as, like any artist, she needs to make money for her label. They would have been counting on her tour making them a huge amount of money this year and that got scrapped. She's now released 3 albums under her new label already (lover, folklore, and evermore).

SavetheDrama

VIP Member
This exactly, is a little weird to me. Her fanbase was mostly this, and then I remember last year during the elections, she shocked a lot of people down south here by supporting a democrat in her home state and asking people to vote her candidate after saying she'd never get into politics. It doesn't matter tbh whatever the view, I just find her timing to be odd.

I watched her on Graham the other day and EVERY guest on the couch was so enamored with her and they were all fangirling, and even James McAvoy had a kind of doting look as he sat right next to her and he sometimes seems not as amused with other people so I was surprised. She has a way with most people and can pull out some pretty witty stuff and knows how to stay "relatable" but I question how much of it is true humility anymore. I do wonder if it's just a veil of it.
I always feel like people put on this “adoring” persona around her...she must be very charismatic in person, because through the tv it didn’t work for me 😂 I don’t like the way she’s obviously exploiting her obsessive fans with the 120 releases of one song, etc. How greedy can you get? I’m not naive, I know they are all about business but how much more money can you possibly need? Do you really need to take every last cent of your 15 year old fans to get to number 1?
I also wish she’d grow up with her fans but she seems determined to keep appealing to the young demo for as long as she can.

On another note, and NOT body shaming, but me and a friend who does drag are convinced she wears hip pads when performing in bodysuits. She’s very thin and lithe and the sculpted bum and thighs she has on tour really don’t match her silhouette in dresses and skirts (this is all opinion). Obviously she’s free to do whatever she wants but if I’m correct, I find it sad that she thinks she needs to look a certain way because the “fashion” is big butts and small waists. Also a bad influence on all the young girls who want to look like her and think she’s all natural.
She’s obviously beautiful in that “model” like way and doesn’t need any enhancements.
Anybody else noticed that or have I watched too many drag shows? 😅

Oohthedrama

Iconic Member
Please don’t judge me for sharing this dude......😬
I judge myself. Full disclosure. I watched it. 😐

@bubbletea123
Why has Perez Hilton got broccoli on his chin?
Why did I watch that?
Why is he still a thing?
Omg he begged to go on I’m a celebrity and they turned him down 🤣🤣 they basically “headhunted” one of the buttercreams and rejected Hilton 🤣🤣 dying 🤣🤣

Yel

Chatty Member
This would be so lame if she's just announcing some rip off target exclusive versions to milk the fans that'll buy the same thing multiple times

xoxoxo13

VIP Member
I think it’s safe to say Scooter has an almost unhealthy obsession with Taylor, to the point that if he wasn’t in the position he is in it would be considered inappropriate. His attempt to muzzle her, most recently before he sold the masters to Shamrock Holdings, and his refusal to sell her the recordings despite her clearly being more than interested is very, very strange. Weird, rat like man.
'muzzle' seems a bit extreme

emmer_moans

VIP Member
Yeah I've never really got Camila, work from home is the only thing decent she's been involved with. I was impressed that Billie E and her brother wrote and produced all of her album but so sick of hearing bad guy advertising sky or bt broadband, cringe.

Totally ot but Dua Lipa is one of the few big pop girls I like, hope she's not a dick.
I don't mind Dua Lipa, her latest song is definitely a "grower". She has a nice deep alto range and it sounds more wholesome than if she tried to sing high riffs like a lot of other singers.

I actually enjoyed Taylor's performance on the AMAs. You can tell she really appreciates her fans and performs for them.

Oohthedrama

Iconic Member
First listen to lover.
Really like it. Definitely my favourite from the album so far!!! I really wasn’t feeling any of them before now.

annanuttall

VIP Member
I just listened to the album and my verdict is meh. I found it goes from country to pop and somewhere between. With 18 tracks I found I only liked 5.

Oohthedrama

Iconic Member
I think that because of the whole life insurance policy line.
But then who is 'she' in 'She thinks I did it but she just can't prove it'?
I’m glad you’re analysing it as much as I am 😂😂
That’s the exact line that had me question myself.
The sister? So the mistress kills estee, the sister finds out, they’re both in on killing the husband and she flees to her/has her as an alibi

I wasn't getting that vibe at all.. hmm. Definitely adds a new dimension.
I feel like she’s the mistress who’s teamed up with the sister to kill estee/the husband for the insurance policy

Deany644

To be honest I think jlo is just a puppet used by Marian's ex, can't blame Mariah for not knowing her.

Jlo often doesn't even sing the chorus on her own songs. Mariahs voice is not what it was and can't hit the notes in her old songs. But the last album is the best she's done in ages. Her reality TV show was great, for all the wrong reasons.

Anyway hope Taylor releases something new to move this on. Probably still got another few weeks to wait
I still don't know her. Caution is an amazing album #lamb

bubbletea123

VIP Member
Ooooh my favourite song ever is Wonderland off 1989 Deluxe. My husband and I endlessly listened to 1989 on our honeymoon and I remember listening to this song on the way home from getting married. It’s just pure lovely perfection.

Also not an Ed Sheehan fan but I love Everything has Changed.
Wonderland is so good. Love it acoustic.

When I saw her in Toronto, she sung OOTW

Coconutshy

Had a listen through on the way to work so its yet to really sink in. The ones that stuck out:

Edit: Added my favourite lyric in bold

The Man - I really like the lyrics on that one, they do sound a bit like shes victimising herself, but being upfront about being an "Alpha Type" it did get me pumped for work. "I'd be like Leo in St Tropez" ooooohhhhh boi the shade. Especially since Blake Lively dated him and they went to St Tropez (I know I'm getting very gossipy).

I like London Boy - its cheesy but has cute references. "But God, I love the Engliiiiisssh"

I forgot that you existed - it's nice it felt relatable. "In my feelings more than Drake, so yeah"

Soon you'll get better - It reminds me of Ronan but it didn't make me tear up like Ronan did, disappointed that the Dixie Chicks didn't have their own part of the song like Brendon Urie (unless I missed simething). " Desperate people find faith, so now I pray to Jesus too"

Miss Americana and The Heartbreak Prince - I knew this was going to be my favourite when I saw the track list for Lover, since King of my Heart was my fav on Rep. Its reminiscent of her older stuff. "You play stupid games, You win stupid prizes"
I think the reason the Dixie chicks didn’t have their own bit in the song is because it’s such a personal song to Taylor. Maybe her mum is a big Dixie chicks fan so she brought them on for that reason. Such a sad song, especially when you have a loved one going through illness.

I think the album has Waay too many filler tracks. I do like cruel summer, cornelia st, miss Americana and the heartbreak prince and I forgot you existed.