Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

EnoughAlready

VIP Member
It's too depressing for this fun filled sub so I have it behind a spoiler cause I really hate bringing down the mood of this place!!!

I had a mastectomy. So I'm in a good bit of pain and on a hell of a lot of drugs. Realised I wouldn't be recovered in time to make the Dublin Eras concerts so gave up looking for tickets and have been slightly depressed about it all since!!
I’m so sorry you’re going through it lovely sending big hugs hope your recovery is going well x Can totally understand the depression surrounding something you’ve wanted to do for such a long time, your feelings are valid and nothing is too trivial or silly. I have gone from an able bodied person to one with severely restricted mobility and husband has had to move bed etc downstairs, as can’t do the stairs at the moment, and in a wheelchair to get around the downstairs and to my drs/ scan appts. When she said the other night that the Eras tour was ending in December I cried most of the night and didn’t really watch the other Liverpool shows. She was confirming for me that I wouldn’t get to see it, as I know in my heart that August won’t be happening and it’s hurt like hell. In a way though it was quite cathartic to know that i didn’t need to get my hopes up for next year dates, and when she put that boundary there as if to say i’m a human not a robot i need a rest (i was reading between the lines when she mentioned its exhausting etc) i looked inward and thought to myself allow yourself to grieve it and then you need to take that lesson from her and put your health first and get better and recovering. Its given me a much needed wake up call that there’s bigger things going on in life. I would have given everything to be there, but when alls said and done life goes on around it. I’ve got to experience special nights through this thread of friendship and laughter and a grainy livestream, and form a little routine that’s been helping me though the painful days and taking my mind off it during the tour nights. I wanted to share this just to say I hear you and be kind to yourself as you’re going through a lot, Blondie will be back and me and you will be there with bells on, in all of our glory, wearing all the glitter in the land xx

• Heart
Reactions: 20

Caffeine Fiend

VIP Member
I feel like in Folklore she romanticised his mental health troubles. It was softly gently skirting round the edges.

TTPD was a smack to the face. I wasnt enough for your bluest days also I gave you all my youth for free.

Nevermind the fact that he was safe and not starry eyed. That lyric will never not cut me. Its awful.

ishant

VIP Member
Just saw a tik tok and the girls goes ‘don’t forget there’s a random show tonight in Cardiff before the big ones in Wembley’

like I know we’re not big like Wembley but please 😭 we are not a random little show
go off taylor. Two legged bodysuit I dare you 👹👹👹

• Haha

emerald

VIP Member
I'm not clowning but I hope there is something special just to spite the clowns who think London is the only place in the UK 🥴

• Haha
  • Heart

Trixxx

VIP Member
I won't lie! I feel attacked from all angles here! I put my football shirt on and went to the pub to watch the football last night, and I'm dressing up for Taylor Swift 😂

• Haha
  • Heart

ls240898

VIP Member
Excuse me I am sure I came up with the mega original suggestion of Getaway Car-diff. Get your own ideas @ishant and @Dramatic !!

(In case this is lost by typing, I am obviously joking x)

• Haha
  • Heart

dalmatirox

Chatty Member

Maybe don’t buy plane tickets based on tickets *promised* to you…
I saw this yesterday and thought it was saurrrrr weird. Whys your whole family flying from the US to Ireland for a concert if there's financial hardship involved? surely not spending on tickets now also helps hahaha

Swifties with an audience are very weird and manipulative sometimes idk

Reactions: 19

fishyfishfish

VIP Member
Just caught up on every single post and seeing so many people get off waitlist and even helping others via vinted is just gorgeous. I never got a code and didn’t get of waitlist for Wembley this weekend so starting to feel like my only option is £900 tour tickets which isn’t an option in reality. Despite this though I STILL love seeing those of us struggling get tickets. It gives me hope but also I’m so happy for you gals x

• Heart

emerald

VIP Member
God, I see what you have done for others (off the Wembley waitlist) and I ask that you do the same for me.

• Heart
  • Haha

Tiggerhappy

VIP Member
Changing your mind is fine but retconing it as “being kept in the basement” and “not showing up for each other” is a bit much
---

Thanks, Estes’ sister x
I like Joe. I do. And I get that he didn't want to be known as famous for being someone's boyfriend.

But.
He was (mostly) only famous because he was her boyfriend, let's be honest. It's a fact. And that might be emasculating for him, but suck it up Joe. Plenty of women are only famous because of their husbands. Why is it ok for women?

Yes she changed her mind about being hidden away. When they met she was going through an awful time and wanted to hide. Things changed. Folklore changed her trajectory. I do believe, to a certain extent he wasn't ok with this and didn't want to be seen out with her. Like I've said before he was happy to pose with other people but not Taylor.

And yes, their relationship was private. But not for her. He was her muse for years and yet he couldn't even speak about her. He didn't turn up for her. In 6 years not one red carpet with her? It smacked of him being above it all and I'm sorry, she is incredibly talented. She should be celebrated, even if that meant doing something that made him uncomfortable.

So yeah, I like Joe. But I also believe by behaving how he did he was belittling her a bit. I'll say again, relationships are hard at the best of times and being Mr Taylor swift would have been very difficult, so I don't blame him for finding it overwhelming.

My eldest niece (late 20s) is absolutely gorgeous, best looking person I know. She has a pretty glamorous job and is doing well, bit selfish at times, but who isn't? Her boyfriend has a made up, bullshit job and is such a whinge.

Her sister was telling me yesterday about how he behaves - tells her he's having boys nights out and then she finds out later other girlfriends were there etc. like he's ashamed of her or something. There were other things he'd done too. In many ways in reminded me of the Taylor Joe thing (only this guy is muuuuch worse).

• Heart
  • Sad

Twinklebell

Chatty Member
I get that no one is everyone's cup of tea and no one's obligated to find her especially beautiful or attractive but if Taylor is average looking, what hope do the rest of us plebs have? 😩 I would love to see who said that, I bet they're no oil painting either 🤣
God if Taylor is average then I am litterally a cousin of Shrek

• Haha

atomic

I’m a bit sick of the “no phones” chat. You CAN enjoy yourself and film for memories. I have not stopped looking at my videos! These are very fond memories for me
I agree to a certain extent because I don't understand why people would film the ENTIRE concert or watch the whole thing through the screen of their phone. But taking a few videos of each song to look back on - what's the issue? AGH

• Heart

QueenBW

VIP Member
@Trixxx hope the pain subsides and your ribs heal fully for your show!!!

Now, Tattlers, new dress code for anyone with upcoming dates:

• Haha

Lady_choo

This is actually a tragic mash up.. the lakes was about wanting to run away with Joe and live in secret in the lakes and then I Hate it Here was how much she hated being with him at the end 😭

• Sad

Trixxx

VIP Member
No I wasn’t sure if she did which is why I said supposedly, I saw something that said she would have been no.1 anyway but didn’t know much about the detail.

Sorry guys I didn’t mean to bring the thread mood down ☹ Just can’t believe the discourse around it, I’m so glad this thread is level-headed
This is what we've always said. We are all clearly huge fans here. We love her music (most of it anyway - macavity 🤢). But none of us her blind to her faults which we have been described as elsewhere. Not one of us agrees with the one song per variant, and endless drops of digital albums with different songs.
A lot of us have said she clearly isn't the victim in her love life dramas either.
We mostly hate the pap walks.

I dont understand why we are called a rave thread, when we are all quite critical of her at times too.

You can definitely get a discussion about her flaws on here I think.

Reactions: 18