Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

gossipgal21

VIP Member
Omg I’m so sorry, in all the Joe chat I forgot to say

HAPPY N3 LIVERPOOL TATTLERS!! 🥰 🥳 💃🏻 🪩 🤩 ✨ 🎵

Folkevermore
Plinkplonk
knivesnflowers
Stimpii
cl16girlie
Realitybites
Mornevaey

• Heart
Reactions: 25

JLXRD

VIP Member
I just don’t think I care enough about what ‘the truth’ is to be bothered if she was the villain or not in her relationships. I like her music so I just take what I want to from the songs and make it my own little story of what happened or relate my own experiences back to it to give it a narrative in my head.

I think there’s a lot of artistic license used as well, and it’s all a little embellished/over dramatised. I’ve said before but the songs would be boring if they weren’t over dramatised (see small man… if that was just ‘ugh you were a bit of a dick, it would not hit the same would it 🤣)

It’s a bit like watching the hills or made in Chelsea. I am invested even if I think a lot of it is probably not real. I’m just having a good time 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Heart
Reactions: 24

Folkevermore

VIP Member
Christ Joe must have felt awful. I feel so horrible for him that cannot be nice.

Taylor and Matty are both massive monkey branchers though. They date but then when they break up with someone, each one was waiting in the wings of the previous one.

Taylor went from Calvin > Tom > Joe > Matty and Matty went from ex before Twigs > Twigs > that insta girl > Taylor > Gabriette
I think the worst part is how much swifties have dragged him online, accused him of being a cheat etc when it seems that he wasn’t in the wrong at all.

So Matty gets engaged and Joe effectively confirms she cheated all in one week… how’s Taylor coping

Reactions: 23

duckdinner

VIP Member
I can't sleep, so thought I'd go back to the very first Taylor thread and have a skim read...

Interestingly, the first post was on Feb 20th 2019 and the last post of the thread was Feb 20th 2021. It took 2 whole years to fill one thread! Now it only takes a matter of hours 😂

• Haha
Realising that Taylor played my dream surprise song that my entire outfit is based around 9 days before my show...

1000020929.jpg

• Heart

veronica71

VIP Member
Wow that article has certainly changed the tone of this thread.....quick go and tell the hating thread we can do criticism :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 22

enkaym

I don't read it as Taylor cheated. He said "loving and fully committed". I think he's saying noone really knows what happened and they never will, except the two of them. I can't imagine how hard it is to watch the general public dissect your life in that way.

• Heart
Reactions: 21

Sloppys

VIP Member
I don’t comment on this thread but read from afar.
Liverpool N2 for me. The best night of my life I would say. It was just.. I have no words actually. Amazing.

• Heart
Reactions: 20

gossipgal21

VIP Member
I don't read it as Taylor cheated. He said "loving and fully committed". I think he's saying noone really knows what happened and they never will, except the two of them. I can't imagine how hard it is to watch the general public dissect your life in that way.
I thought that was really classy of him considering how Taylor has gone on to say in song at least that she was carrying the relationship, locked in a cage, and bored enough to wank over Matty. I know we only know one side really but i actually do feel for Joe, I think he always comes across like just a really nice man. Too nice for Taylor tbh! Lol.
---
Morning guys, these late nights and all the stress about the surprise songs and no announcements have me feeling really hungover (even though I was only on the hard stuff - decaf tea) why do I have to parent today in the rain? I want to lay on the sofa and watch eras on Disney+
Parenting in the rain is the worst. My toddler is feral today and has already screamed at me just for trying to get dressed. Ffs I wish nursery was open on Saturdays. 🤣

Secretbrillopad

VIP Member
If I were Joe and had listened to Midnights I would have high tailed it in October.
I'll die happily on the hill that Midnights was the break up album for them (and not because of YLM). I've seen it said before here that she didn't care enough about Joe to give him a goodbye album on TTPD but that's it, it's there, it's Midnights. 🤷🏻‍♀️
---
I just think it’s ironic for her to put out songs like TSMWEL when she’s treated people far worse? It’s just the complete victim complex and lack of self awareness of it all
Well Anti-hero is her admitting she's a hot mess of a person. It's why I identify with it, because I too am a hot mess. I'd say she's plenty self aware in many ways - just because you've done shitty things it doesn't mean you can't complain when other people do shitty things to you in turn. It's the fact that she never changes (older but just never wiser) that's the sticking point.

Go to therapy Tay!

Last edited:

OtherMoon

VIP Member
Joe alwyn confirmed that Taylor and him broke up a week before it hit the news… holy shit.
Marty’s band member mentioned he was dating someone “big” in feb…
I'm shocked he was so direct! I knew there was a cross over but for him to lay down a receipt like that, damn. 😬

Caffeine Fiend

VIP Member
Will forever be a Joe stan. Had to scroll back pages and pages to see the snippet.

Ive been unwell since yesterday and spent last night in bed. Missed the euro openers (probably for the best 😭 ) and missed the surprise songs.

Then I wake up to see my boy Joe has spoken.

• Heart

goalsAF

Joe alwyn confirmed that Taylor and him broke up a week before it hit the news… holy shit.
Marty’s band member mentioned he was dating someone “big” in feb…
This is really interesting to me. So many people defended Taylor's monkey-branching and Guilty As Sin? by saying that Joe and Taylor had broken up way before, they'd been on and off for ages etc. This really contradicts the narrative that has been going for at least a year now.

I knew it wasn't true, she started out singing Invisible String and People magazine (aka Tree's mouthpiece) was saying "Joe can't make opening weekend but he's hoping to attend a show as soon as his schedule allows", plus he was still liking her Instagram posts from rehearsal and the first weekend of shows.

Reactions: 19

Folkevermore

VIP Member
Its why I want to distance myself at times from the 'swiftie' label. The inability to see that actually yes hi she might be the problem, its her.

By saying this I am not saying she is an awful person and its all her fault. She has clearly been ridden hard by Scott (mostly) from a very young age. She admits herself she is a people pleaser and that probably stems from her younger years. This will have had a long term psychological impact.

However we only hear her narrative and her side of every single story and it doesnt take a critical thinker to recognise that every story has to have some nuance.

Was she the victim when it comes to a man like John Mayer. Id say absolutely. He was a much older man and she was young and probably quite naive.

Was she the victim with Joe? Im not sure. Ive said it so many times and this will be my only message today on it. Sometimes grown up adult relationships just dont work out. Noone is at fault. It just doesnt work. People are too different. People grow apart. Relationships change. Also the line about being better safe than starry eyed is a crushing one. Its so scathing and hurtful and honestly quite unbelievable. Imagine being in a relationship with someone for 6 years and either knowing the whole time you were second best or finding out after the fact that your significant other of many years was pining after someone else.

These songs may well be a 'work of fiction' but it sure doesnt seem that way.

I like her music and I like her even if she is flawed, we are all flawed but the way some will blindly defend her no matter leaves a bitter taste in my mouth.
Oh this narrative she’s painted about her and Matty being star crossed lovers with a 10 year situationship is very much the worst aspect of it all.
I’d be devastated if I found out I was just a “second best option” for nearly 7 years.
It’s really messed up for her to do

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 19