Taylor Swift #6 This is us begging (for international tour dates)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I have been watching it play out and I have seen a few Twitter fans point out that this is genius PR from her. It seems unconfirmed who actually said that the fame was too much for him, but the next moment you know she's making appearances pretty frequently which drives the narrative that he has somehow made her be more private than she wanted to be which some fans have decided to pick up on. It left me feeling a bit icky about her/her PR team tbh, you don't play PR games with someone you have stayed with for 6 years when you're well aware that they value their own privacy 🤷‍♀️
I'm sure I remember Taylor being papped quite a lot during the rep tour and Lover promo? I don't think her being papped now necessarily means anything about Joe, I think it just means she's savvy about PR and knows it's good to be seen more when she has something to promote.

I do think there's also an element of her showing the press/her fans that she's OK as well, because she knows that speculation would run even more wild if she stayed hidden at a time like this.

The press have also deliberately chosen the photos where Joe looks bad. There are other photos from that day where he looks fine. His hair just looks wild in those shots because it was really windy in London that day- which I can confirm as I unfortunately wore a dress to work that day 😆

Reactions: 8
I'm sure I remember Taylor being papped quite a lot during the rep tour and Lover promo? I don't think her being papped now necessarily means anything about Joe, I think it just means she's savvy about PR and knows it's good to be seen more when she has something to promote.

I do think there's also an element of her showing the press/her fans that she's OK as well, because she knows that speculation would run even more wild if she stayed hidden at a time like this.

The press have also deliberately chosen the photos where Joe looks bad. There are other photos from that day where he looks fine. His hair just looks wild in those shots because it was really windy in London that day- which I can confirm as I unfortunately wore a dress to work that day 😆
Don’t know if she was papped a lot during rep era - think it was just when the press knew she was in her NY home (when she was doing NY shows) but I’m happy to be corrected I can’t remember!
For lover she did a lot of public appearances across the whole world so the press knew where she would be rather than her calling them up

Reactions: 4
Don’t know if she was papped a lot during rep era - think it was just when the press knew she was in her NY home (when she was doing NY shows) but I’m happy to be corrected I can’t remember!
For lover she did a lot of public appearances across the whole world so the press knew where she would be rather than her calling them up
Oh yeah you may be right about the rep tour photos always being outside her home. It feels like so long ago!

Good luck to everyone trying for the RSD vinyl, I hope you all get one!

Reactions: 5
Silly question, are the vinyls worth it? I’ve never gotten into collecting them but you guys are getting me hyped for them😂 and I love the Long pond recording of folklore. Is the sound good on them? Why do people like them so much?

Reactions: 2
Silly question, are the vinyls worth it? I’ve never gotten into collecting them but you guys are getting me hyped for them😂 and I love the Long pond recording of folklore. Is the sound good on them? Why do people like them so much?
Nostalgia mainly for me! I grew up with vinyl and would spend most Saturdays at my local second hand record shop. I have also inherited some classic albums from my dad - including most of the original Beatles records. I just love vinyl, and hated it when CDs took over.

I love listening to albums on vinyl, there’s something much smoother about it especially if you have a decent record player. But this RSD release is supposed to cost between £50 and £60 so if you’re not that in to it, it may not be worth it for you!
The only thing I can think is I love the album and it won’t lose value

Reactions: 2
The price is really varied between record shops too, my local one is selling it at £48 but my friends nearest one is £55 which is insane to me, I thought it would be generic across the country.

• Wow
Reactions: 3
£56 at mine. They’ve suggested I ‘get there early’ tomorrow as people queue from a stupid time, no idea what time to get to town for 🥲

Reactions: 3
£49 at the one I’m going to, the rest in the area are £50-£60. Some record stores have received posters to give away too! It’s a good way to promote record stores but I wish they actually reserved some stock for online sales rather than just whatever is left over

5828024A-E12F-43C8-A97A-F6160D2CEC12.jpeg

Is the squad making a comeback? Taylor is obviously trying to send a message with these outings. I hope the people who still think the breakup isn’t real and keep saying “don’t trust the media!!” understand she’s a master of using the media when she wants to and this is definitely one of those times.

Reactions: 18
View attachment 2117254

Is the squad making a comeback? Taylor is obviously trying to send a message with these outings. I hope the people who still think the breakup isn’t real and keep saying “don’t trust the media!!” understand she’s a master of using the media when she wants to and this is definitely one of those times.
I’m not sure “the squad” will ever be the same as it was, someone said it’s like we are in the 1989 era but Taylor had therapy 😂 kinda wish she would lay off the obvious pap shots now. She has her tour, that’s enough publicity

Reactions: 18
Low key hate that the squad only publicly comes out when she’s single. It just looks like she drops her friends when she’s in relationships. Which she clearly doesn’t, but it’s obvious PR and it’s cringey.

Reactions: 23
View attachment 2117254

She “flew in all the witch pack friends from the city”!!!

• Haha
Reactions: 16
GUYS. Basically six degrees of Kevin Bacon over here.

my friend is in LA right now and went to the Jimmy Kimmel taping, who was a guest?? Jake G!!!! My friend got selected to play a game with Jake and Jimmy, so I guess I am now two people away from Taylor??? Sadly my friend didn’t ask Jake why he hurt Tay like that :/

• Haha
Reactions: 13
GUYS. Basically six degrees of Kevin Bacon over here.

my friend is in LA right now and went to the Jimmy Kimmel taping, who was a guest?? Jake G!!!! My friend got selected to play a game with Jake and Jimmy, so I guess I am now two people away from Taylor??? Sadly my friend didn’t ask Jake why he hurt Tay like that :/
To be fair Jake is probably sick of being asked about the scarf at this point 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Okay I think something serious happened. The Haim sisters still follow Calvin Harris but they unfollowed Joe straight away. Like what did the beans on toast do to Taylor? 😮

• Haha
Reactions: 7
There's a video of Joe that's from when that pic was taken and he looks nowhere near as bad.
The pic has definitely been edited

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.